Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

Online check in and credit card being charged

If you do online check-in when does the charge hit your credit card?

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

not sure what you mean. online checkin doesn't cost anything. to pay for your trip you can call or pay online. you can pay for the whole stay at one time or pay in increments, but you have to have your trip paid in full within two weeks of your arrival date.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
winthropf
Mouseketeer

Room only reservations do not have to be paid in advance. If online check-in is used for a room only reservation, the credit card will be charged on the morning of check-in.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

Thank you that is exactly what I was wondering.

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpiejg View Post
not sure what you mean. online checkin doesn't cost anything. to pay for your trip you can call or pay online. you can pay for the whole stay at one time or pay in increments, but you have to have your trip paid in full within two weeks of your arrival date.
Packages need to be paid at 45 days out. Room only reservations can be paid at check in.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winthropf View Post
Room only reservations do not have to be paid in advance. If online check-in is used for a room only reservation, the credit card will be charged on the morning of check-in.
This is correct but I do want to emphasis that the CC is charged the morning of check-in and not when you actually arrive at the resort. My Aunt and Uncle did online check in for their last trip and their card was charged the morning of check in even though they did not arrive until about 4pm. They were planning to pay for the room with a Gift Card so this messed them up a little. It was not a huge deal because Disney credited back their CC and used the Gift card it just took about 30 minutes to get straightened out.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Are you required to put a CC down during online check-in or can you skip over this field? We never leave a credit card at regular check-in, so I'd like to skip that if it will allow.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Are you required to put a CC down during online check-in or can you skip over this field? We never leave a credit card at regular check-in, so I'd like to skip that if it will allow.
From what I experienced and have since read, it seems to flip flop a bit. Some who did online checkin later than I did have experienced being able to check a box to skip it; others have not had that experience.

Regardless, you CAN change it or even delete it when you get there.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I completed online check in four days ago and I did not have to enter my credit card info. The option was there, but I was able to skip it without any problems.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
rocketmom
Earning My Ears

I just did online check in and had a weird experience with my credit card. I entered the credit card information and before I was even finished with online check in, my credit card company was calling me. A charge of $1 had been placed on my credit card as soon as I entered the information. The credit card company was calling about possible fraud. I have a room only reservation, so nothing was due at this time. Maybe their new computer system does this to check the account. I have done online check in many times and have never had this issue before.
rocketmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmom View Post
I just did online check in and had a weird experience with my credit card. I entered the credit card information and before I was even finished with online check in, my credit card company was calling me. A charge of $1 had been placed on my credit card as soon as I entered the information. The credit card company was calling about possible fraud. I have a room only reservation, so nothing was due at this time. Maybe their new computer system does this to check the account. I have done online check in many times and have never had this issue before.
Stuff like that that happens all the time to your credit card. If you pay at the pump gas stations put through a preapproval, back when gas prices went up some gas stations upped the amount and would put an approval through for $75. They want to make sure you have the available funds on your card before pump the gas. Sometime after you are done it readjusts to the proper amount. Restaurants do this as well to a degree, they get a pre-authorization then readjust when you add the tip in. Most hotel chains will put though a $1 hold charge when you hold a room to make sure the card is legit. After a couple days that charge goes away. Most times you never see the charge.

Jan 86, March 90, Sept 90, Sept 96, Nov 99, Jan 02 off site

April 13 OKW
Oct 14 FW Cabins

Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I usually see a $1 hit whenever I do online checkin with a credit card. They need to make sure it's a valid account.
I just did online checkin for my late May stay at ASMusic. They have my cc on file, and I just approved it for this stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: