Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #331
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

What a fabulous update! I love the convertable and the beach... And you all look like you are so happy and having soo much fun!

And, as usual - Bradey is adorable!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #332
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
What a fabulous update! I love the convertable and the beach... And you all look like you are so happy and having soo much fun!

And, as usual - Bradey is adorable!

D~
Thanks D. I'm not a huge convertible fan...too windy and loud. But it was nice while we were cruising down the Sanibel Strip And it is a hard top convt. So it looks like a transformer when the top goes up/down and into the trunk. Very fun....we get lots of looks while it's changing.

So we were heading home after a few hours on the beach picking up shells. We got home, changed and headed right out to our favorite lunch place, RumRunners. It is on a saltwater canal and has a great deck overlooking the water.

Not to mention an out-of-this-world Cuban wrap!

I know...it doesn't look like much, but trust me....this thing has such great flavor. Yumm!

All of us adults had the Cuban. Bradey had his favorite...Alfredo pasta.

After we were done eating, we went for a quick stroll along the canal while the guys were paying

When we were done, we went back to the house. Mom and I went shopping and the guys took Bradey fishing.

He doesn't care what he catches....he just loves it.

I can't remember what we did for dinner that night, but I'm sure it was good

The next day, Mom and I had big plans, but the guys didn't want to do anything So we just left them at the house and went shopping on our own.

Up next.....citrus picking, airboats and manatees on our last full day.

And just in case you are wondering....in just 64 days I get to meet two of my favorite DISfriends! I can't wait to meet you Mo & D!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #333
DMGeurts

LOved the update... The food looks amazing!

The girls are the same way at the lake... as long as they are catching something - they don't care what it is. LOL And Rufus used to fish with them, whatever they'd catch, he'd run around with the tail flapping out of his mouth forever, he'd never eat them just - well... "fish are friends, not food" LOL

Bradey is so cute!

Whoot... I can't believe that mOA is so close! Super excited

D~
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #334
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Bradey is too cute for his own good...

I think I wouldn't mind a Cuban wrap for lunch...

Thank you for reminding me that there is more to Florida than just Disney...(as awesome as it is) You've given me a hankering to do to some exploring... Sanibel is a must...

Lovely, lovely photos... (must be good memories to hold on with all of your Maine snow... btw... It is done snowing now for the season... I'm sorry it's not funny to you probably but wow...did you guys take it on the chin with the snow this year...

Hurray for 2month countdown...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #335
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have to say that lunch does look yummy. And any day is a good day when you can go shopping.

I'm so jealous that you are getting to meet D and Mo. But I know you ladies will have a blast!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #336
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOved the update... The food looks amazing!

The girls are the same way at the lake... as long as they are catching something - they don't care what it is. LOL And Rufus used to fish with them, whatever they'd catch, he'd run around with the tail flapping out of his mouth forever, he'd never eat them just - well... "fish are friends, not food" LOL

Bradey is so cute!

Whoot... I can't believe that mOA is so close! Super excited

D~
Hahaha....I can totally picture Ruf running around with a fish tail sticking out of his mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Bradey is too cute for his own good...

I think I wouldn't mind a Cuban wrap for lunch......
Thanks Patricia! RumRunners has the best Cuban I have ever had...of course it helps that it is such a fun place to eat.

Quote:
Thank you for reminding me that there is more to Florida than just Disney...(as awesome as it is) You've given me a hankering to do to some exploring... Sanibel is a must......
Sanibel and Captiva are gorgeous...but beware of the crowds. Sunset is just horrible out there! And also...just so you know, there is a $6 toll for the bridge

Quote:
Lovely, lovely photos... (must be good memories to hold on with all of your Maine snow... btw... It is done snowing now for the season... I'm sorry it's not funny to you probably but wow...did you guys take it on the chin with the snow this year...

Hurray for 2month countdown...
Yep, when we went to FL this winter the snow was almost gone. Then we got back and we have just been hit with one storm after another. I still have a good foot of snow in the middle of my lawn where the sun shines. More on the edges. This is the first year in a long time that we won't be able to hide Easter eggs outside. Between all the snow and an earlier Easter, we don't stand a chance!

But I think we have turned the corner into Spring finally. The temps are in the low 40s now and even with a small cold snap early next week, I think we will be fine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to say that lunch does look yummy. And any day is a good day when you can go shopping.

I'm so jealous that you are getting to meet D and Mo. But I know you ladies will have a blast!
I can't wait to meet you too Kathy! We are going to try to meet up at some point in August, right?? I have hoppers, so we can go anywhere anytime. Where are you guys staying in Aug?? I can't remember...you have too many trips

Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #337
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post

I can't wait to meet you too Kathy! We are going to try to meet up at some point in August, right?? I have hoppers, so we can go anywhere anytime. Where are you guys staying in Aug?? I can't remember...you have too many trips
Yes, we are definitely meeting up in August. I have our park days all planned out already and we have a couple of days where we are hopping (and one day of just resort time).

We are staying at Old Key West in August (next month we are at the Dolphin, June I'm at Beach Club Villas with the girls and our December trip has us at the Boardwalk Villas).
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #338
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are definitely meeting up in August. I have our park days all planned out already and we have a couple of days where we are hopping (and one day of just resort time).

We are staying at Old Key West in August (next month we are at the Dolphin, June I'm at Beach Club Villas with the girls and our December trip has us at the Boardwalk Villas).
Oh yeah....I could have just watched your rolling ticker to see. But when you are replying, there are no tickers

I have all my mornings planned out as we like to get there for rope drop or EMHs if possible. But every afternoon we head back to the resort to rest and then hop somewhere else for the evening. So we will find a time. We will have to exchange numbers once we get closer.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #339
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah....I could have just watched your rolling ticker to see. But when you are replying, there are no tickers

I have all my mornings planned out as we like to get there for rope drop or EMHs if possible. But every afternoon we head back to the resort to rest and then hop somewhere else for the evening. So we will find a time. We will have to exchange numbers once we get closer.
If I don't change things, this is what we have planned:

Saturday, August 17 -- Studios until 2:00 and then Epcot

Sunday, August 18 -- Magic Kingdom through lunch; rest at resort; back to Magic Kingdom

Monday, August 19 -- Animal Kingdom in morning; resort in afternoon and Wishes from Poly after Ohana dinner

Tuesday, August 20 -- Epcot all day and night

Wednesday, August 21 -- Day at the resort

Thursday, August 22 -- Magic Kingdom all day until we leave for hotel on International Drive for our day at Discovery Cove the nexdt day
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #340
solana131
DIS Veteran

Thinking of moving to the Poly......just sayin.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #341
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are too funny.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #342
DMGeurts

Quote:
LOL Stop it - you are not allowed to think.

D~
Old 03-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #343
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are too funny.
Quote:
LOL Stop it - you are not allowed to think.

D~
This didn't just come out of left field.....Sara called me last night to tell me she got a job with a $1000 sign on bonus! And she wants me to have it for our Disney trip . With the new 30% off the Poly offer supposedly coming out next week....the Poly is only about $1000 more for the week. And with that extra from Sara, it is totally doable!!!!

I would much rather have the monorail/boat than a bus in the August heat....much less waiting! And a much more comfortable room. And have you seen the updates on Tikiman with the new rooms at the Poly?? GORGEOUS!

Not sure yet. That extra $1000 would be very helpful in paying for dining if we don't switch. I will talk it over with Sara and Bradey and see what they want to do. Just giving you a heads up!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #344
solana131
DIS Veteran

Today I made a pros/cons list between the 5 resorts in the running. I made a spreadsheet and gave each resort a score on different things like Cost, Room, Food, Transportation, etc. The 5 resorts I am toying with are: Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian, Art of Animation, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge (the last two because they have bunkbed rooms for the 3 beds we need). I really hate the room décor at both AKL and WL. I love both resorts, but their rooms are hideous! And those 2 were the lowest scoring....so they are both out of the running.

That leaves POR, Poly & AoA. AoA gives us the best room situation. It would be so nice to have separate baths and for Sara to have her own bedroom. But the sheer size of AoA scares me. And one major factor for this trip is recreation at the resort. We will be spending more time at the resort during the hot mid-day hours. So we want a great pool, good playground and surrey bikes, DTD boat, etc to keep us busy.

The Poly obviously has the best transportation options, but their pool is small and crowded. They do have the surrey bikes, but very limited area to use them. I would love to see the new room décor at the Poly....and I love their QS location, Capt Cooks. I know a lot of people think Capt Cooks has very limited options, but I like what they have. And the ease of watching Wishes from the beach each night is a HUGE plus!

POR gives us all the great recreation, a nice pool (actually like FQ's pool better for Bradey), and the DTD boat. My biggest worries with POR are the small room for us 3....and the multiple bus stops. Plus, I am really worried about Bradey falling off that little murphy bed. He is small enough for sure, but he moves around ALOT at night. I just know I won't sleep very well because I will be constantly watching him to make sure he doesn't fall off. I will probably end up putting the mattress on the floor for him, and if that's the case....we can just stay at POFQ to have the small size.

A little input......Kathy, I know you have stayed at AKL often. But you usually stay in the villas.....have you ever seen in the rooms?

Ann - You guys were in the Bayou last year, right? Are the murphy beds high off the floor? Is there room to put the two chairs alongside the edge of the murphy bed to act as a sort of rail??

Anyone stayed at AoA yet?? Just wondering if it really is as big as it seems. Maybe I will go look through the boards to see if I can find someone's TR from AoA.

BTW....

HAPPY EASTER to everyone if I don't get back here today

Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #345
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I don't change things, this is what we have planned:

Saturday, August 17 -- Studios until 2:00 and then Epcot

Sunday, August 18 -- Magic Kingdom through lunch; rest at resort; back to Magic Kingdom

Monday, August 19 -- Animal Kingdom in morning; resort in afternoon and Wishes from Poly after Ohana dinner

Tuesday, August 20 -- Epcot all day and night

Wednesday, August 21 -- Day at the resort

Thursday, August 22 -- Magic Kingdom all day until we leave for hotel on International Drive for our day at Discovery Cove the nexdt day
Totally missed this post Kathy...sorry

This is our plan for now...

Sat 17th - Arrival. MK for a couple hours. Epcot for dinner.

Sun 18th - MK at rope drop. Resort to rest, then where ever that evening.

Mon 19th - Epcot at rope drop...evening open

Tues 20th - AK at rope drop. Boma ADR at 6:15 that evening.

Wed 21st - Sleep in day. Resort hopping, DTD, whichever park we want that evening.

Thurs 22nd - MK for opening. Hop over to Kona for a late breakfast at 10:30.

We are there for a few more days, but you leave this day....so looks like we are at Epcot together the evening of the 17th. And MK the next day together. And Thursday MK again together. And Weds we are resort hopping...you are at your resort...maybe we can hop there.

Anyway...looks like we have a few options for a DISmeet. We'll make it happen for sure. And if we do switch to the Poly, we can see you after your dinner at O'Hana

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: