Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
keypooh90
Lovatic

I am so scared. I had an "episode"/blackout while driving a few weeks ago. I temporarily lost consciousness/awareness of what I was doing and sped while driving. I also felt dizzy and slightly confused and had a headache. I felt pretty normal after so I didn't go to a doctor. Fast forward to Monday .I got extremely dizzy and shaky at school. The next thing I know, I'm waking up on the floor. I must have fallen and or passed out because my back/shoulder was bruised and painful. I was sent to the ER. Lab work was normal, EKG normal, CT scan was clean. Blood glucose normal. However, my blood pressure was slightly low (100/60), and oxygen was low at 86%. They have me fluids and kept me overnight for observations. My blood pressure and oxygen came back up. I've been referred to a neurologist.

That appointment is tomorrow. I'm nervous and scared. They suspect it was a seizure.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

I am no Dr., but have lots of experience here. It does sound like a seizure... I am SO glad you are going tomorrow. Try not to panic, I know it is easy to say, but you will just freak yourself out more. Many seizures are not the result of anything significant..

Let us know how it goes..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
I am so scared. I had an "episode"/blackout while driving a few weeks ago. I temporarily lost consciousness/awareness of what I was doing and sped while driving. I also felt dizzy and slightly confused and had a headache. I felt pretty normal after so I didn't go to a doctor. Fast forward to Monday .I got extremely dizzy and shaky at school. The next thing I know, I'm waking up on the floor. I must have fallen and or passed out because my back/shoulder was bruised and painful. I was sent to the ER. Lab work was normal, EKG normal, CT scan was clean. Blood glucose normal. However, my blood pressure was slightly low (100/60), and oxygen was low at 86%. They have me fluids and kept me overnight for observations. My blood pressure and oxygen came back up. I've been referred to a neurologist.

That appointment is tomorrow. I'm nervous and scared. They suspect it was a seizure.
It is about time you got this checked out. I'm just glad you didn't kill anyone when passed out while driving. Still confused why you kept driving after the first blacking out incident.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post

It is about time you got this checked out. I'm just glad you didn't kill anyone when passed out while driving. Still confused why you kept driving after the first blacking out incident.
Lets try and keep this thread positive. The Community board thread is back up and running on this topic. I don't think 2 threads scolding OP will do anything productive.

Good luck OP. it does sound like seizures and there are lots of people on here with experience and advice.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

This is NOT the place for negativity.. I do agree it could have been potentially a bad outcome...We don't always realize what a seizure is, and neither do Dr's...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Thinking of you, OP. Glad you're getting this checked out and I hope it's something very controllable.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
keypooh90
Lovatic

Just to clarify, I'm not actually in the hospital. The second episode/seizure happened Monday morning at school. I was sent to the ER, then kept overnight for observation because of my low blood pressure and oxygen levels. I was sent home early Tuesday and had an appointment with the neuro yesterday.

He was very detailed, compassionate and explained everything. He believes the first incident I had was a simple partial seizure, but that the one Monday was a complex partial seizure/secondarily generalized. I go back today for an MRI and an EEG (I had to be sleep deprived for it).

I'm out of school/work until next week and no driving indefinitely. This sucks.

Editing for an updated update:

I had the MRI and EEG today. I had those tests early this morning, then a consult with the neuro this afternoon. MRI showed no abnormalities or issues, but the EEG showed definite abnormal activity and during part of the EEG I had a seizure (3rd one).

The official diagnosis is complex partial/secondarily generalized seizures. According to the neuro this type starts as a complex partial seizure then progresses to the generalized (gran mal) type.

No driving for at least 6 months. I've been put on Trileptal, with suggestions of additional meds that could be added as add-on's if needed.

In a month I will have a follow-up EEG to see how things are going.

Last edited by keypooh90; 03-28-2013 at 02:35 PM.
keypooh90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: