DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #16
ahsquared
Mouseketeer

You need a key to get through the gate from the hotel to the beach. Does this stop everyone? No. They also require pool wristbands daily but when we went they weren't too strict. I had to report (sadly) a drunk honeymooning couple literally dry humping in the pool area that had announced they'd sneaked in by jumping the fence.
ahsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
betsy2010
Earning My Ears

Ko Olina Lagoons aren't technically 'public' as they didn't used to be beaches

Hi everyone,
We own a condo in Ko Olina (not a TS) and Ko Olina is an 'odd duck'. Yes, all 'regular' beaches in Hawaii are public, but the Ko Olina lagoons weren't originally 'beaches' and so don't fall under those guidelines. The 'public' area is just the area up to the 'historical high water mark' which in this case is way way out on the rocky coastline. All of the sand, the lagoons themselves and the walkways/areas around them are private and owned by the Ko Olina Resort. The public has a 'right of way' to get to the 'public' shoreline (again, way out on the rocky coast, NOT the sandy beach). Because of that the lagoons have all sorts of restrictions that regular public beaches don't. You can't use an umbrella or shade structure (unless you rent one from an authorized vendor on the Dis beach). You can't setup a tent or tables or have amplified music, etc etc.

Hope that helps clarify
Mahalo
Betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
The beaches will be crowded. All beaches in Hawaii are public, but as was said, they try and limit access by limiting parking. And their are LOTS of beaches on the islands, so it isn't like everyone needs to flock to this one. But there will be lots of rooms around that lagoon and while there are lots of things to do in Hawaii, sitting on the beach is a prime reason people go. The large private pool that Aulani will have will take some pressure off the beach.
betsy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by TagsMissy; 03-26-2013 at 02:53 PM.
TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover01 View Post
The beach is private but people from both hotels can use it so is shared.but only the 2 hotels have permission to use it. I would now because I've been there 2 times. I'm here right now so I would know trust me. But you have to be able to get in to one of the hotels. When you first get there they ask your name and what hotel your going to.

There is also various housing, shopping, golf course, etc.... anybody can go in they just inquire quickly where you are going and honestly we stopped the first time we passed the other times we simply waved to the attendant and they waved back to us.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
btwiceborn
Earning My Ears

Disney has figured out how to keep out non-guests from their water attractions at BCV right? They even keep out WDW resort guests that are staying elsewhere. I am sure that something similar is/will be implemented at Aulani.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 AM   #21
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsquared
You need a key to get through the gate from the hotel to the beach. Does this stop everyone? No. They also require pool wristbands daily but when we went they weren't too strict. I had to report (sadly) a drunk honeymooning couple literally dry humping in the pool area that had announced they'd sneaked in by jumping the fence.
There is no gate anymore. But like the other poster said beach access by locals is limited to parking. Honestly we locals go to other beaches. So don't worry about the locals. As for other resorts yeah they have access but the ko.Olina beaches are less crowded than waikiki. If you want empty, Oahu is not the place to visit.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: