Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

I can't decide on the DDP!

I CAN'T decide if we should use the DDP or not?!?! We are staying at AKV w/ a full kitchen and going to 4 parks. I was going to buy food at GG and pack lunch for each park day but then buy dinner and I'm sure some snacks. We will eat breakfast in our room everyday. We are also paying OP for three tableservice meals (TRex Cafe,Chef Mickey,&1900 Park Fare). We are a family of 7, our 2yo will most likely share off our plates. My kids aren't big eaters and we never order dessert. If we pay OP we will share meals at the parks. It's just how we always eat.....We wouldn't do the QS dining plan b/c the difference between the two plans we would spend in the three restaurants(I listed we above) we'll eat at whether we use the DDP or not.

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Never mind.....I just did some more math and I really think paying OP will save us money

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Wendy5055
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

I would agree that paying OOP would be best for your situation. Especially as you are purchasing groceries and have a kitchenette.

Contemporary, July 2014
Wilderness Lodge, July 2013
Grand Floridian, July 2011
Polynesian, April 2010
Grand Floridian, May 2009
POP Century Aug/Sept 2008
POP Century October 2005
POFQ 1998
Offsite 1995
Offsite 1st Time EVER WDW 1985!!!
Wendy5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
brertoad
DIS Veteran

If you are a DVC member, FL resident, or AP holder, you may want to consider the Tables in Wonderland card. It would cover up to 10 people for 20% off Table Service restaurants, so for instance, your Chef Mickey's, T-Rex, and 1900 Park Fare). You can read more about it, there are lots of posts. Or go to http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Basically for people who don't want the dining plan or for frequent guests at WDW (AP holder, DVC members, and FL residents), you can buy this card for either $100 or $125 (depends on which category you are: AP & DVC is $100, or FL Res $125) and then get 20% off your sit down meals and 20% off alcohol.

You'd have to spend over $500 on table service meals to break even for the $100 membership fee, or spend $625 on table service meals to break even for the $125 fee. The card is good for a year.

If you are a DVC, AP, or FL Res...with those buffet and character meals you might already be spending enough to break even and maybe save extra money. It's something worth checking into if you qualify for purchasing the card.

We have one and it really saves us a lot.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: