Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #166
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

End of Hollywood Studios!

DSCN0609 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0610 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0611 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0612 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0613 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0436FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So amazing. I could've spent hours just standing there but finally DBF decided it was time to go because we had been there for more than 12 hours at this point so we left, with our last round of photopass pictures on our way out.

DSCN0614 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0616 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0437FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0440FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0618 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We headed back to our hotel and I think we stopped at the food court for some snacks and then went to sleep because we were excited for our first MAGIC KINGDOM day tomorrow!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #167
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Your Fantasmic! pics are great! I'm not so crazy about the storyline but the special affects are amazing. And that riverboat full of characters. I just want to jump aboard every time I see it.

I agree the Fantasmic! exit is a frightful thing. Then you get out of it with your life and forget about it as you head to your next adventure!

Your TOT ride pic is priceless!!! The whole car is hilarious! But you and your DBF are the best!
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #168
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post

Your Fantasmic! pics are great! I'm not so crazy about the storyline but the special affects are amazing. And that riverboat full of characters. I just want to jump aboard every time I see it.

I agree the Fantasmic! exit is a frightful thing. Then you get out of it with your life and forget about it as you head to your next adventure!

Your TOT ride pic is priceless!!! The whole car is hilarious! But you and your DBF are the best!
I totally agree about the boat of characters! It would be a dream come true to be on that boat.

Your assessment of the Fantasmic! exit is completely accurate.

Hahaha thank you! We did end up with some hilarious (and hilariously strange/awkward) ride photos from this trip!

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #169
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Woo I am finally caught up on your TR - I had to take notes!! First off, you and your DBF are seriously adorable together! I love the RNRC pics where you guys are holding hands! Makes me even more excited to share Disney with my DH for the first time this fall.

You had a busy Epcot day! Presley is soo adorable and you guys met an impressive amount of characters! It seems really crowded and its a shame the rest of your family couldn't make rope drop! I'm jealous of all those yummy snacks - you're making me hungry!!

Backtracking - I need to see La Nouba! And Splitsville looks awesome, I love that Minnie Mouse bowling ball. I may need to add it to the list next time...

You have the same bday as my sister! Haha, I know so many people with February birthdays - mine was the 13th! Also, congrats on the new job

How fantastic were the Osbourne lights?? I probably won't make another Christmastime trip until 2015 but I can't wait to see them again! Also, I feel the same way as you about TSM - it was cute and I really liked it, but I just don't get why you would wait 2 hours in line for it. Granted, my personal wait time limit is like 20-30 minutes for ANY ride, but it would be RNRC or TOT before TSM...but then again, I don't have kiddos!

Ok, I think I'm all caught up - carry on

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #170
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I just wanted to let you know that I am all caught up! I had to catch up slowly because of how busy we've been lately, but I'm there! Can't wait to read more about your trip .

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #171
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I am so glad that we've actually carved out time to see Fantasmic this trip. We've always meant to see it and end up skipping it. It looks awesome!

You got some amazing pictures of the Osbourne Lights! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave-if I ever get to see them I'm sure I'll be the same way.

Love the hoodie you were wearing!

Sounds like you've been working like a mad woman! I hope you get some time off soon!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #172
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Sorry you have been so busy, I hope things slow down for you soon! Loved your update, especially your pictures of the lights! Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see them on our trip, which I was bummed about
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #173
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay! Thats crazy that the new job has been that crazy! I'm so glad I'm always guaranteed at least one day off a week, even if I do dance that day ahaha.

Ugh, fantasmic. Great pics of it! I find it so hard to photograph sometimes!

Osbourne lights are so pretty! I didn't even notice the pp's out there, but then again I didn't have the cd pre paid that time so I just didn't bother haha.

Excited to read all about the MK day!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #174
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
Woo I am finally caught up on your TR - I had to take notes!! First off, you and your DBF are seriously adorable together! I love the RNRC pics where you guys are holding hands! Makes me even more excited to share Disney with my DH for the first time this fall.

You had a busy Epcot day! Presley is soo adorable and you guys met an impressive amount of characters! It seems really crowded and its a shame the rest of your family couldn't make rope drop! I'm jealous of all those yummy snacks - you're making me hungry!!

Backtracking - I need to see La Nouba! And Splitsville looks awesome, I love that Minnie Mouse bowling ball. I may need to add it to the list next time...

You have the same bday as my sister! Haha, I know so many people with February birthdays - mine was the 13th! Also, congrats on the new job

How fantastic were the Osbourne lights?? I probably won't make another Christmastime trip until 2015 but I can't wait to see them again! Also, I feel the same way as you about TSM - it was cute and I really liked it, but I just don't get why you would wait 2 hours in line for it. Granted, my personal wait time limit is like 20-30 minutes for ANY ride, but it would be RNRC or TOT before TSM...but then again, I don't have kiddos!

Ok, I think I'm all caught up - carry on
Aw thank you for taking the time to catch up, and thanks for the compliment!

The only ride photo we bought on our first trip was us holding hands on RNRC so I've deemed it tradition and now essential to every trip! How exciting to go with your DH! I'm sure it will be that much more magical to share it with him!

Thank you, I do think she is an adorable little munchkin! It was VERY crowded at Epcot that day. Crowds didn't die down until later that week.

La Nouba is amazing. I highly recommend seeing it! Splitsville did look great. We only spent a few minutes looking around and we intended to go back later in the week to bowl but never had time!

AH how awesome that your sister and I share a birthday! Shan23877's daughter Maddie also shares our day! I love it.

The Osborne lights really are my favorite place on earth now. I could forgo all other Christmas decorations just to see them! We have only ever gone after Christmas, but I do hope to make a November/early December trip one year. It looks like it may be 2015 by then for us too. This year we are (still unofficially!) going September, 2014 the idea of another September trip is going around with Chris' sister again and then that leaves us in 2015

Totally agree about not waiting on lines. Especially with "free" Fastpasses. And also agreed, until we have kids in the picture, we prefer to use our RD time for ToT and RNRC. I would like to see the standby queue of TSMM though so maybe I'll have to steal your trick of sneaking in at the end of the night and hopefully there won't be a wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I just wanted to let you know that I am all caught up! I had to catch up slowly because of how busy we've been lately, but I'm there! Can't wait to read more about your trip .
I appreciate you catching up! No worries, totally understand about being busy! Especially because I feel like I have no time to breathe and I have 0 kids and you have 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I am so glad that we've actually carved out time to see Fantasmic this trip. We've always meant to see it and end up skipping it. It looks awesome!

You got some amazing pictures of the Osbourne Lights! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave-if I ever get to see them I'm sure I'll be the same way.

Love the hoodie you were wearing!

Sounds like you've been working like a mad woman! I hope you get some time off soon!
I think you guys will really enjoy Fantasmic! It is a pain to try to see sometimes with the waiting and the crowds leaving but I really like it. And I think Maddie will love all the characters (especially all the princess boats)!

The Osborne lights are, in my opinion, the most fantastic things in the world.

Thank you! My mom gave it to me for Christmas and I adore it. She tells me I'm easy to shop for because my tastes haven't changes all that much over the years.

I'm off today but I'm babysitting so technically still working. Although, it is much more relaxed and snuggly

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Sorry you have been so busy, I hope things slow down for you soon! Loved your update, especially your pictures of the lights! Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see them on our trip, which I was bummed about
Thank you! I adore the lights. I especially wanted to see them because we didn't get to see them on our first trip either because I didn't realize they were up for the beginning part of the week and we went to DHS too late in the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay! Thats crazy that the new job has been that crazy! I'm so glad I'm always guaranteed at least one day off a week, even if I do dance that day ahaha.

Ugh, fantasmic. Great pics of it! I find it so hard to photograph sometimes!

Osbourne lights are so pretty! I didn't even notice the pp's out there, but then again I didn't have the cd pre paid that time so I just didn't bother haha.

Excited to read all about the MK day!
I agree, being guaranteed a day off makes the week seem more bearable. I'm off today but babysitting. So finally, tomorrow I will have a real day off.

Fantasmic is very hard to photograph! There's a giant pole in the middle of many of my pictures and I always try to video or photograph the projections in the water and never get anything. I have to try to learn about the settings before I try again!

I didn't know there would be PP's there but once I noticed, I made a beeline for every last one

Old 03-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #175
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update!: Munchkins and another trip

Hey everyone! I finally have a weekend off but I haven't gotten to sort and upload my MK photos to Flickr yet so I thought I'd share some things with you!

So as you know I started a new job. So my days all look like this

20130329_091337 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

And Presley is visiting! So after work, my days look like this:

SC20130324-203102-1 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

SC20130330-141427-1 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Hasn't she gotten so big?! Her new thing is when you say "Say Cheese", instead of smiling she gives a thumbs up sign

And today, I am babysitting so my day looks like this:

20130330_090723 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

But right now Mackenzie is:

20130330_113448 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

so I have some time to share with you!

So with that done, there are more exciting things to move on to!

such as ANOTHER DISNEY TRIP!

So here's a backstory on how this all played out. While we were still on our January trip, on the bus back to Pop from MK, Jen (Chris' sister) and I were discussing how we really wanted to do Disney for Halloween next time. At that point, she said for them, it would have to be Fall 2014 because two trips in 2013 wouldn't be in the budget.

When we got home, I presented this information to DBF and he said that was way too long to wait for another trip. While I agreed, I felt the need to be practical (one of us had to) and decided that the only way we'd get to do a Fall 2013 trip was if we both got jobs (like real ones, in our career fields).

Lo and behold, it was the end of February, and we both had job interviews in the same week. When we both got the jobs, I celebrated. By pricing out Disney vacations

We decided on September so we could have the lowest of crowds and still hit MNSSHP!

The trip is still technically unofficial. We still have to make sure we'll get the vacation time and we're waiting for the fall discount to come out otherwise some revisions are gonna have to go in to reduce the costs!

But, the trip is booked and ADRs are made! The current plans are:

When: September 10-21st

Where: Pop Century again! I wanted to try AoA but it looks like the LM rooms aren't included in the discounts and DBF apparently does his own research on his own time without telling me and found out about the long walk..... so Pop Century it is!

What: a trip to Disney of course! Including the DDP (for our first time ever!), 6 day MYW Park Hoppers with WPAM, MNSSHP AND HHN at Universal!

Who: Me and DBF for sure. It may or may not include Chris' brother Omar and his girlfriend. He wanted to come on the last trip in January but wasn't dating anyone and didn't want to come alone (even though we assured him it'd be fine). So now he has a girlfriend and thinks it will be enough time to come in September. But she may have to go to China for her job so it remains to be seen.

They did however, wait til I woke up super early to make ADRs to decide me and ask me to change them all to 4 people They're lucky it's a slow time!

I'm super excited because:

A) It's Disney duh
B) We're gonna get to hit a bunch of different restaurants doing the DDP
C) MNSSHP AND HHN! Yay new things!
D) Waterparks!

I'm not gonna do a PTR because I seem to barely have time to stay on top of this trip report but, if you guys would like to hear about it, I'd love to share my plans here!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #176
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post

When: September 10-21st
September is such a great time to go! I've been there the past two Septembers and I'll be there this year 9/4-9/11 or 9/14 (all depends on a free dining offer). It's still hot, but the crowd levels are low. Plus MNSSHP is worth the trip. You'll love the parade and seeing the characters in costumes.

ILGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #177
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy

September is such a great time to go! I've been there the past two Septembers and I'll be there this year 9/4-9/11 or 9/14 (all depends on a free dining offer). It's still hot, but the crowd levels are low. Plus MNSSHP is worth the trip. You'll love the parade and seeing the characters in costumes.
Ah how exciting that some of our days may overlap!

Thank you for your observations! We're so excited about MNSSHP and all the costumes and different characters! We haven't decided if we'll be dressing up yet!

Definitely waiting semi-impatiently for September discounts!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #178
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

You absolutely should dress up, even if it's just a Halloween T-shirt. I guarantee if you don't dress up, you'll wish you had once you see everyone else.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #179
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy
You absolutely should dress up, even if it's just a Halloween T-shirt. I guarantee if you don't dress up, you'll wish you had once you see everyone else.
Thank you! I'm gonna show Dbf your post as ammunition to convince him rotfl!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #180
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Thank you! I'm gonna show Dbf your post as ammunition to convince him rotfl!
Oh I have more ammo! I went last year with a friend and her DBF. The DBF was really grumbling about wearing a costume, but then once he got there, he loved the attention he got from the CMs and specifically said he was glad he went along with it. By the end of the night, he was really strutting around.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: