Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #241
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
This picture turned out pretty cool.

Ugh to the rude man in FOTLK. Hate that.

How great that Zoe got picked for FOTLK, but sorry she started having cramps again. How unfortunate. Hopefully, the rest of the day went better.

Sorry you didn't really like CMC. It's been years since I have had dinner there, so I don't remember that much about it. I do really enjoy their breakfast buffet.

Sounds like you had a fun day, overall!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #242
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I really wish that there would have been a way to leave before the mass exodus. It would have made it a tad easier. I would think that they would allow you to leave for the restroom. Am I wrong that they don't allow it? Or was it just that cm?
Next time we'll have to pay better attention to the announcement at the beginning they make. I know they won't let you back into the theater, but I'm sure there is a way out.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #243
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
This picture turned out pretty cool.
Thanks.. the fireworks display from the anniversary was very large. I wish we had actually been in the park for it...

Quote:
Ug to the rude man in FOTLK. Hate that.
Yep. I do to. I swear we as a society become more and more "entitled" He felt he deserved it cause he got there first... didn't matter that the seats were reserved.

Quote:
How great that Zoe got picked for FOTLK, but sorry she started having cramps again. How unfortunate. Hopefully, the rest of the day went better.
She was so excited. She has always wanted to do this but never been picked. I felt so bad for her that she had to cut it short since she was uncomfortable.

Quote:

Sorry you didn't really like CMC. It's been years since I have had dinner there, so I don't remember that much about it. I do really enjoy their breakfast buffet.
I am just not much of a fish person... the restaurant itself was very nice. I liked the atmosphere.

Quote:
sounds like you had a fun day, overall!
we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Next time we'll have to pay better attention to the announcement at the beginning they make. I know they won't let you back into the theater, but I'm sure there is a way out.
thanks I would think they would have to have some section... I mean, what if there was a person who found they were ill? Or maybe something in the show triggered a panic attack or something? I can't imagine they have us all hostage for the duration... but as I jumped up with Zoe in my arms the cm was very stern with me that I had to wait.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #244
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

10/2 - Day 8 Part 1

This day was very much anticipated. It was Kira's birthday. B and L had surprised her by decorating our window and writing on a birthday message on our white board. It was a super nice jester...especially considering

So on this morning, we had a breakfast planned before park opening. And with the masses, we made our walk down mainstreet.

We had planned for both rooms to go to CP. Sadly, S and K could not make it....but B and L did. If memory serves though, we met them there rather than go together from POFQ. Maybe the girls and I were running late.

Shortly after we arrived, B gave Kira a celebratory sash and hat. The hat was a bit snug..so she didn't wear it all day. The sash though...it it stayed on.

Soon enough it was time for food.

and characters

Kira even got her birthday breakfast cupcake

breakfast was fun..but a bit tense. I know things were odd throughout the trip, but I think B and L tried very hard to make this a special day for Kira. However... B and Kira both are not fans of their space being violated. There was a family near our table who just couldn't seem to control their chairs... if one or more of the chairs wasn't crammed up against one of us...it was hitting us. At one point, (maybe even several times) a chair was knocked to over and slammed into B. Yeah... this didn't help either B or Kira in their moods.

When we were done with breakfast, it would seem as though the park was just getting ready to open.

For one reason or another, we parted ways with B and L with ideas to meet for lunch.

The girls and I then went to meet a new favorite princess of mine.

The interaction was amazing. She kept calling Zoe.. Zoeyoey. It was too cute and definitely made the meet and greet more personal.

I am not certain where we spent our morning, but it does look like we may have got a bit lost in the jungle.

As well as stopped to see some enchanted birds

I think we then hopped over to one of Kira's all time favorite rides in WDW.

By the time this was over, there were three of us needing a break. Zoe was starting to have issues and I wanted to get it under control before we had it ruin too much of the day..and Amanda and I both felt a bit "off" from riding SM. I can ride it once...but my head hurts a bit after and I can't go again.

Kira however...

I think she may have actually made it three times while the other three of us tried to sip water and get ourselves more comfortable.

Lunch was soon approaching, but I think we had a dismeet to get to before lunch. It was so neat that we were able to see Su Lynn and her hubby, Steve once again!

I thought that I had a pp picture with Kira and Amanda too... however, to be honest there were some issues with the pp pictures and if they are there somewhere... it would take some doing to get them. One because B has a thing for taking a single picture and saving it in every possible combination so there is just too many to sort through. (not an exaggeration... one pose of she and Zoe she turned into 70 pictures.) Two, the first set of discs that Disney sent were corrupt and so not all files were easy to extract from the disc (B requested a second set that I hope ended up being not corrupt....but I don't know if they were or were not) so my copy is hard to view. I managed to pull some off the discs... but apparently not all of them.

Next Up: 10/2 - Day 8 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-05-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #245
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love CP. It's one of my favorites!

Great Space Mountain pics - Everyone looks as though they are really enjoying the ride.

Love Zoe's dress. So cute!

And I love the castle picture you took from CP. Nice!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #246
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

How sweet of B to try and make Kira's birthday special.

I so love the early ADR before park opening at CP...great pictures and pretty darn good food.

I am not a SM fan...it is way too jerky for me and you know how I love coasters. We can skip this one if you want on our trip! The picture of you on SM shows your love for the ride... A little bored (or trying to save your neck from the jerks).

Love LOVE Love the group picture!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #247
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update, Ann!

Breakfast looks nice and so does Princess Zoe and the birthday girl.

Jungle cruise is such a fun ride - have you ever tried it at night during EMH? They stray a little from the regular spiel and it is so much fun.

Not a huge fan of the "birds", but SM looks pretty nice. I wish they had just a little light in there, it is so dark and jerky nowadays.

Can't wait for more!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #248
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I love the castle picture you took from CP. Nice!
I keep meaning to snag more pictures of Amanda's... since I am sure she took some really cool ones of the castle.

Quote:
Love CP. It's one of my favorites!
This last trip i wasn't nearly as impressed. In general, the food just wasn't thrilling me. I was chatting with the girls I am going to WDW in the fall with and they are so excited about F&W... and I kept forgetting all about F&W cause... I really didn't enjoy it on this trip. Nothing at the booths seemed like I HAD to try it...so I only had one thing to eat... I think I was just so pulled in different directions and a tad stressed that food just didn't seem appealing.

Quote:
Great Space Mountain pics - Everyone looks as though they are really enjoying the ride.
Well... Kira does for sure! I am just trying to get through it.

Quote:

Love Zoe's dress. So cute!
I got that dress for our 12/2011 trip. I had been searching the internet..ebay..etsy for dresses all year. I had come across this exact dress. I really wanted it for her... and was considering it ..used on ebay for $50 (I think it was $50 ) Then I went to goodwill of all places and there was the exact same dress. I think I got it for $5 or $10.... CRAZY! It is a Disney branded dress...but from a different line (ie, not park or store) The quality is far more dress-like and less costume like. Don't get me wrong... I like the costume like ones... but the sparkles tend to wash off... this dress has a thick petticoat lining rather than a scratchy tule type one like the parks or store ones have. So there is the LONG explanation of her dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
How sweet of B to try and make Kira's birthday special.
It was. B is among the most generous people I have ever known.
Quote:
I so love the early ADR before park opening at CP...great pictures and pretty darn good food.
exactly! I can't wait for fall!!!

Quote:
I am not a SM fan...it is way too jerky for me and you know how I love coasters. We can skip this one if you want on our trip! The picture of you on SM shows your love for the ride... A little bored (or trying to save your neck from the jerks).
I was not bored... I was trying to relax and "get to a happy place" Kinda a...if I close my eyes and relax I am not really here..

Quote:
LOVE Love the group picture!
It was so fun to see Su Lynn again! She is such a sweet person. I have a ton of that picture.. but I liked this border the best of all the ones that B had saved it with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great update, Ann!

thanks

Quote:

Breakfast looks nice and so does Princess Zoe and the birthday girl.

Breakfast was pretty good. As I mentioned to Mary Ellen... it didn't impress me like previous visits... but none of the food this trip made me ooh and ahh like in the past.

Quote:

Jungle cruise is such a fun ride - have you ever tried it at night during EMH? They stray a little from the regular spiel and it is so much fun.

I have not... I will have to maybe try that on the girls trip!

Quote:

Not a huge fan of the "birds", but SM looks pretty nice. I wish they had just a little light in there, it is so dark and jerky nowadays.

I like the birds well enough, but can skip it. Amanda had never been so we couldn't skip on this trip.

As for SM and the jerky moves... yeah. I think that is why I get a headache.

Quote:

Can't wait for more!
I am hoping to get more and more of this done... can you believe I still have the rest of 10/2 and 3 more days? I can't believe how long this trip was!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #249
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Loving the birthday sash and Zoe in her dress, just wonderful! Even if it was tense those are happy looking people in all the pictures and overall seems like a pretty good morning.

I think Tiana scored on the princess dresses in general, just sayin. It's awfully pretty.

I've never done CP. Much as I love the Characters as a general rule I'm anti buffet and have a hard time getting past that aspect for the price but when I see the pics they are awfully darn cute!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #250
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Loving the birthday sash and Zoe in her dress, just wonderful! Even if it was tense those are happy looking people in all the pictures and overall seems like a pretty good morning.
It was a good morning. I have no complaints! (well.. may one would be that my head didn't hurt ) But yes... a very nice morning.
Quote:
I think Tiana scored on the princess dresses in general, just sayin. It's awfully pretty.
Right?! I am not a huge fan of the color green, but there is just something about her dress. It is so pretty!

Quote:
I've never done CP. Much as I love the Characters as a general rule I'm anti buffet and have a hard time getting past that aspect for the price but when I see the pics they are awfully darn cute!
The thing that I have found with buffets is that it can be so inconsistent. Sometimes the food is great... and other times..just so so. As Zoe gets older and has less of a need to see all the characters I could see us scaling way back on the character meals... but... for me I think it is worth the overpriced meal to get to check off seeing Pooh.. or Tigger... cause then we don't have to use park time to do it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #251
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry I got so far behind!

Y'alls costumes for MNSSHP were very cute! Sounds like we were nearby each other while y'all were waiting to meet Jack.

So sorry to hear that Zoe was having problems a few days there.

Love the birthday sash!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #252
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Too bad about Cape May. When I went they Mahi Mahi and it was so good. It was baked or grilled. I will say baked.
Some mass of people walking down Main St. LOL. It should look like always.
Nice pics at CP. The chair would have bothered me and I would have said something to them.
Ooh Tiana. We did not see her when we went.
Nice PP pic.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #253
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

That's great that Kira had a birthday sash. Too bad the hat didn't fit right.

Your picture on Space MT...I would have asked if you don't like the ride or if you were bored. But you answered that. It gives me a headache.

Sorry that Zoe was starting to have issues. I hope they weren't too serious.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #254
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sorry I got so far behind!
Well, since I am moving at a snails pace in writing this... maybe it wasn't too bad to catch up?

Quote:

Y'alls costumes for MNSSHP were very cute! Sounds like we were nearby each other while y'all were waiting to meet Jack.
Thank you. They worked...but I think I wanted to have us all match. Oh well...

Quote:

So sorry to hear that Zoe was having problems a few days there.
Thank you. It is just par for the course though. Zoe is always going to deal with a certain amount of pain and discomfort. Currently she has been dealing with quite a bit... daily I get a call from the school nurse. I feel like such a horrible mom... I hate that she is in pain... but I had to tell the nurse there is nothing to be done. She can't just not go to school because of the pain and so let her rest a bit, but then off to class she needs to go.

When Zoe was first born, I read like a mad woman about everything I could in regards to her condition. I learned early on about the pain and that often kids are placed on narcotics to cope. Well, that doesn't seem like a better solution either. Even if I was okay with doping up my kid.... Zoe herself would refuse. She wont even take tylenol for the pain.

Quote:

Love the birthday sash!

Wasn't that cool?! It really helped to make things special for Kira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Too bad about Cape May. When I went they Mahi Mahi and it was so good. It was baked or grilled. I will say baked.
I am just not a fan of sea food in general. I know that the girls were in heaven.

Quote:
Some mass of people walking down Main St. LOL. It should look like always.
right?!!!! I agree though! Wouldn't it be awesome if it were always like that?

Quote:
Nice pics at CP. The chair would have bothered me and I would have said something to them.
I think personal space differs for everyone. For the group allowing their chair to fall... obviously our space was theirs. and they had no trouble sharing. For Kira and B... their space is very sacred and not to be violated...so it really bothered them. For me... as long as I am not startled... I can have my space infringed upon and it wont bug me too much. My circle is much smaller than some...

Quote:
Ooh Tiana. We did not see her when we went.
Nice PP pic.
She remains my favorite princess we have ever met.

Quote:
That's great that Kira had a birthday sash. Too bad the hat didn't fit right.
B was so nice to have made the day special for Kira like that. Kira was thrilled.

Quote:

Your picture on Space MT...I would have asked if you don't like the ride or if you were bored. But you answered that. It gives me a headache.
yeah... just trying to pretend I was someplace else. The headache came later. I am not sure how much of that was due to the heat though.

Quote:
Sorry that Zoe was starting to have issues. I hope they weren't too serious.
Nothing "serious". Problematic, yes. But.. just par for the course. She has her good days and her bad when it comes to the spasms that cause her pain. During the fall trip it just happened to be a time where she was experiencing more than normal.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #255
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

So life has been ever so busy. For those not following other reports I have been working on... I did the phm, came back to find Steve had lost his job, had more and more work pile up (normally I am not allowed more than 40 hours, but the week I came back from fl, I got 53 hours in) Good thing on the hours cause then I registered for the 2013 ToT 10 miler.

Running has been a bit part of my life now and so as I am getting excited for the Ten Miler... I began watching some video recaps of last years race.

Now remember I have very few pictures from the race. B had told me not to get my camera out so that we could save time. (since she would have the better camera out and she would share) Well... after we had our falling out... no pictures.

So as I sat watching the videos, imagine my surprise and excitement when at about 6:30 in this video is a clip of B and I!!!

ToT recap video

What an awesome experience! I really can't wait to run it again. I think it is funny how I never would have known how much I enjoyed running or the rundisney events had it not been for B encouraging me to embark on this journey. I will forever be grateful to her for this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: