Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Soccerpooh
When they move Margaritaville to WDW, then it really will be the happiest place on Earth!

Is HRH standard big enough?

I am getting ready to make our reservations for 7/29-7/31, and wanted to make sure I am making the right decision. I am looking at a standard room at HRH for the 5 of us (me, DH, DSs 17 and 14, DD 8), with a rollaway. We will also needa fridge for DD's insulin. Will we be super crowded in a standard with a rollaway and a fridge? Should I pony up the extra $60 a night for the deluxe room with pullout couch?
Also, am I correct that HRH is the closest of the 3 resorts to the parks? We will need to take a break in the middle of the day, so I want to be close.
TIA!

Soccerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

all of the onsite resorts are close (via a walk or by boat) HRH is the closest

it's been a few years but the last rollaway we had was large, took up substantial portion of standard room, it is what it is. We rarely spend much time in room since there's so much to do when staying onsite.

fyi: standard queen rooms are 375 sq ft vs the deluxe room @ 400 sq ft, not a huge difference but the sofa bed is nice since it's easy to stow away for the day when not in use.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Like the PP said, HRH is the closest. We loved both of our stays at HRH. While we didn't use a rollaway bed, I can't imagine where it could be placed. The beds are both close to one another with a chair by the bed that is close to the window. Opposite the two beds is a small table and two chairs (near the window). Next to the table and chairs is a long dresser where the tv is. On the other side of the dresser, there isn't much room. Then, there's the bar area and finally the door. Beyond the beds, toward the door, is a sink, and then the bathroom.

My kids would like to take their grandma on our next trip. If and when we do so, we would spend the extra money for the deluxe room. It's true that we don't spend much time in our room but we'd want to be comfortable while in the room and when sleeping.

Also keep in mind that HRH charges to use the rollaway bed. I think it's $25/night. So, you'd be paying $35 more a night (over the cost of a regular room w/a rollaway), not $60 more for the deluxe.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
all of the onsite resorts are close (via a walk or by boat) HRH is the closest

it's been a few years but the last rollaway we had was large, took up substantial portion of standard room, it is what it is. We rarely spend much time in room since there's so much to do when staying onsite.

fyi: standard queen rooms are 375 sq ft vs the deluxe room @ 400 sq ft, not a huge difference but the sofa bed is nice since it's easy to stow away for the day when not in use.
The 2 queen deluxe is 500 sq ft, not 400 sq ft. The king deluxe is 400 sq ft. We're going next month with 3 kids, and definitely found it worthwhile to go with the 2 queen deluxe.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I'd go queen deluxe with the 5 of you. The deluxe rooms are considerably larger.

damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Since you have the insulin, make sure they note that on your reservation, to make the fridge fee-free.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
The 2 queen deluxe is 500 sq ft, not 400 sq ft. The king deluxe is 400 sq ft. We're going next month with 3 kids, and definitely found it worthwhile to go with the 2 queen deluxe.
sorry, was thinking of the king 400 sq ft (no sofa bed), 500 for queen (with sofa bed).

http://hardrockhotelorlando.com/acco.../deluxe_rooms/

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
cvjw
DIS Veteran

I would upgrade if I could afford it. We have 2 teen boys (17 and 13), and the regular room at HRH is tough for us. We stayed in one 2 years ago and were literally on top of each other in that room - we could not wait to leave Universal and move to Disney. Last year, we stayed in the deluxe queen room at PBH, and it was better. This year, we upgraded to the deluxe queen room at HRH, and are hopeful that we will like it better.

Agree with PP about space, I could not imagine a 5th person and a roll away bed in the regular room without cringing.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
Soccerpooh
When they move Margaritaville to WDW, then it really will be the happiest place on Earth!

Thanks everyone! We are going with the Deluxe. We will be at WDW for 8 days before we hit Universal, so I am thinking we will need all the "space" we can get. Teenage boys get grouchy when they are hot and tired! It will be worth the extra money!

Soccerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: