Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #1456
smidgy
dimples

nebo and I really need to double check who is logged in on the DIS before we post! tee hee.

Last edited by smidgy; 03-29-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: at first I said facebook . double tee hee
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #1457
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

Pick your fave! Nebo's imaginary love life depends on it!!!
he keeps it up, and his love life WILL be imaginary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Beautiful puppy Ponzi!

And, you've outdone yourself. I think that with the 3rd option, you may have restored the damage you've done to Smidgy in the past too!
no, shannon. just the opposite. way too phony!!!!
I pick the third.

You know, just fun loving guy who likes sipping Black Velvet shirtless on the beach.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #1458
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I like cool Nebo, no dishonesty with hair.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #1459
smidgy
dimples

we had lunch at Le Cellier, but it was 2 credits because it was the Candlelight processional package. AND it came with an appetizer, because of that! (boy, I sure get sucked in by those appetizers) we were going to do the CP package Out of pocket, and do Via Napoli, but when Free dining came out, we switched.

we have eaten at LC plenty of times, and I figured after it went totally 2 credits, that would be it.

I thought the soup was WAY too salty this time. and the filet was way too "mushy". yes, it was tender, but even though I like my steak MR, I still like it to be a little "firm"

(ponzie and thumper, you 2 boys just hush now!) (oh, and mony and buzz, too)

anyway, when we checked in at the podiums, I discretely told them that ,a lthough I know the whole restaurant is dark, we would like a table that is as light as possible, I know some tables have more light than others. I explained that my husband has low vision and doesn't see in the dark.

we were about the 3rd party to check in, so out of all the parites that had reservations for 11 (or 11:30, whatever) we were the last taken.. she explained that they "lost " our card.

so I reiterated about the light. so they brounght us to one of the darkest tables, in the corner.

Now I can see that some tables have lights over them, and some don't. I say "this table is too dark, may we have one that is more lit up?" so she brings me over to another corner table. the one right next to it has a light over it, and I say "Oh! this one is just GREAT! thanks you!!"

the look on her face. ok, now I know that the 2 of us are now sitting in between 2 other 2 tops, so that there is no way to fit in a 4 top, we would be right in the middle. but, I'm sorry, how many times did I mention it? we checked in early and they could have put on right away at a table with a light.

ok, rant over. hate to mess with "the program". as a server I understand about leaving tables open that can be combined for larger groups, but, sorry. (oh, I had also put it on our reservation in the first place)

so I guess I was already annoyed. then I asked the server where the special areas were for the illuminations viewing. and he said oh, you just get in line for the processional on the left side. they save seats for you.. no, I mean for the illuminations. he had no idea what I was talking about.

but still, the meal was good, love those breads, the filet was still pretty good. just don't think we'll be back soon. not for 2 credits. for 2 credits, I'd rather be at yachtsman steak house!

I'm thinking we decided to go back to the resort to rest, but nebo didn't say that. (I'll bet he doesn't remember either!)

Last edited by smidgy; 03-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #1460
smidgy
dimples

the dating pictures:. may I just say, "oh GACK!"
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #1461
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
the dating pictures:. may I just say, "oh GACK!"
Sorry Nebo, but I agree with Smidgy. I found myself thinking "Thank heavens Nebo is already married to his true love"!
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #1462
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Smidgy, I'm going to be as good as gold and not even comment on the preparation of the steak. I'm taking the high road and leaving the low road to someone else this time. I usually get my steak medium or medium well depending on where we are. I don't want to hear any mooing when I cut into the steak or take a bite.

I was frustrated reading how difficult it was for you and Nebo to get the light accomodation you needed after you had done absolutely everything you needed to do to get it. I'm glad you persevered and were able to get a more suitable table.

Your mention of Via Napoli jogged my memory. That is where we booked a luch CP package back in 2011. It was a really good meal. I don't remember what I got to eat, but I remember the kids loved the pizza.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #1463
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
I thought the soup was WAY too salty this time. and the filet was way too "mushy". yes, it was tender, but even though I like my steak MR, I still like it to be a little "firm"

I would've never thought like that until now that you mentioned it.

Too salty, firm, mushy. No need to push the issue any further. I think I already know what's going to come out of this scenario. Glad to hear you were on top of things and set things straight at Le Cellier.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #1464
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Beautiful puppy Ponzi!
Thanks Shan.

Quote:

Standby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Smidgy, I'm going to be as good as gold and not even comment on the preparation of the steak. I'm taking the high road and leaving the low road to someone else this time.
She means you and me T-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I would've never thought like that until now that you mentioned it.

Too salty, firm, mushy. No need to push the issue any further. I think I already know what's going to come out of this scenario. Glad to hear you were on top of things and set things straight at Le Cellier.
I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't possibly top that without drawing the ire of the DIS moderators!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #1465
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, you got it. I would refer anyone to T-Man's post, enough said.

Quote:
I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't possibly top that without drawing the ire of the DIS moderators!
I am not going to be drawn into this, no way, no how. I can't bite my tongue, so I guess I'm biting my fingers!!!

By the way, Piper is beautiful!!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #1466
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
By the way, Piper is beautiful!!
Thanks!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #1467
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
That's ok. I'd rather travel the low road with you any day. I have more fun that way. Now pass me another beer.

Oh that's right. You don't drink beer. I have an extra sunny D bottle if you want it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #1468
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
That's ok. I'd rather travel the low road with you any day. I have more fun that way. Now pass me another beer.

Oh that's right. You don't drink beer. I have an extra sunny D bottle if you want it.
Sure. Pass it over. Wanna get some Pizza while we're at it? We can rearrange the toppings into rude positions.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #1469
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Sure. Pass it over. Wanna get some Pizza while we're at it? We can rearrange the toppings into rude positions.
Sure. Heard Chicago supposedly has the best pizza. Maybe we can stop and pick Nebo up on the way. He can travel the low road with us. Although I don't know if he would qualify since he's a celebrity now. They usually travel the high road don't they?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #1470
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Sure. Heard Chicago supposedly has the best pizza. Maybe we can stop and pick Nebo up on the way. He can travel the low road with us. Although I don't know if he would qualify since he's a celebrity now. They usually travel the high road don't they?
Yeah, I've had pizza at Lou Malnati's and it was pretty amazing. They actually cook their deep dish in three stages.

As for Nebo... <sigh> I fear that we may have lost him forever to the lures and lusts of the celebrity lifestyle...

sad, really. He used to be just like you and me... which, now that I think about it isn't all that great either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: