Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #466
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,616

I am not sure if you are there or not? It's the first link in my signature.
I am still on cruise portion yet. We had about 13 days, so I have quite a ways to go. And I just don't seem to have time to get at it in full force like I want to.
jenseib is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #467
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!
 
RachelNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,453

I haven't been on Soarin' in so long! The past few trips, we weren't getting there super early to get FPs or hop on standby. I really miss it!

I wish that I worked somewhere where they had a cafeteria that served everything from Sunshine Seasons. I'd be a very happy girl!
__________________
Always the Weird to my Ninja

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #468
Dugette
DIS Veteran
 
Dugette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,763

All caught up! I miss Food and Wine...not sure when we'll hit that event again. I share that love for the Soarin' soundtrack. Love to listen to it. Plus, we've gotten Dug Baby hooked on it -- it puts her to sleep -- so even better! I haven't done an update in so long that I haven't seen the new Photobucket yet, but now I am terrified to even look!
__________________
Me (37) DH (36) DD (born 9/20/12) Bailey Kitty
Nov. 7-16, 2014: Aulani ("It All Started with a Massive Price Glitch") PTR In Progress! | Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2014: Pop Century ("I Like Warm Hugs!") TR In Progress! | June 10-13, 2014: Offsite
Dec. 7-14, 2013: Polynesian ("Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's First Trip") TR Complete! | Oct. 5-12, 2011: Pop Century ("Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full")
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #469
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am not sure if you are there or not? It's the first link in my signature.
I am still on cruise portion yet. We had about 13 days, so I have quite a ways to go. And I just don't seem to have time to get at it in full force like I want to.
I will check it out, I'm not sure if I ever subbed! Although, me subbing to Tr's is pointless, I sub and then I never look at my subscriptions list, I just go to the TR page and then look at all my check marks, and see who has updated, so I miss a lot that way! It's stupid, I know I should just check my list!!! UGHHHH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I haven't been on Soarin' in so long! The past few trips, we weren't getting there super early to get FPs or hop on standby. I really miss it!

I wish that I worked somewhere where they had a cafeteria that served everything from Sunshine Seasons. I'd be a very happy girl!
You have to go on Soarin' on your next trip, do it for me!!!

I know, me too, I love Sunshine Seasons! I need to try that croissant bread pudding I keep hearing so much about, but I can't pass up the strawberry shortcake either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
All caught up! I miss Food and Wine...not sure when we'll hit that event again. I share that love for the Soarin' soundtrack. Love to listen to it. Plus, we've gotten Dug Baby hooked on it -- it puts her to sleep -- so even better! I haven't done an update in so long that I haven't seen the new Photobucket yet, but now I am terrified to even look!
Yay! Me too! If we keep our December dates, we won't get to go to Food and Wine this year, unless I can convince Brandon that a long weekend is a good idea...we'll see! Haha, I follow your DH on Twitter, and I have seen him mention that the baby goes to sleep to Soarin', that's amazing! If/when I have a baby, all I'm letting it listen to is Epcot music and the Tomorrowland music loop to go to sleep!

Ugh, new Photobucket is AWFUL!!! AWFUL, I didn't think it could really be as bad as everyone has been saying, but it's horrible, it's worse than I expected!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #470
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Okay, no joke, I LOVE Brandon's t-shirt and I think I actually almost bought it for myself this last trip, but ended up going with my blue Epcot 30 one. I LOVE that t-shirt though! I kind of hope they have it again when we go back in September. Disney stepped up their game with Epcot t-shirts, and THEN some.

Hahaha I totally would have taken a TON of photos of the stopped monorail, too!! It's not often you get to do that!

I seem to be reading a lot of F&W TRs so in turn, I WANT TO GO, hahaha. I just don't know if we will though because of the crowds. Are they really bad during that time? When you you say is the best time to go for F&W and not deal with really terrible crowds?
danimaroo is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #471
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,498

I know I read your update, but I guess I didn't respond.

I love Soarin' too...but I really wish they'd fix the spots and hole in the screen.

I love that shirt you got Brandon; I wanted to get it for Mark last year but they didn't have it in his size.

Can't wait to hear about Food & Wine.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #472
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Okay, no joke, I LOVE Brandon's t-shirt and I think I actually almost bought it for myself this last trip, but ended up going with my blue Epcot 30 one. I LOVE that t-shirt though! I kind of hope they have it again when we go back in September. Disney stepped up their game with Epcot t-shirts, and THEN some.

Hahaha I totally would have taken a TON of photos of the stopped monorail, too!! It's not often you get to do that!

I seem to be reading a lot of F&W TRs so in turn, I WANT TO GO, hahaha. I just don't know if we will though because of the crowds. Are they really bad during that time? When you you say is the best time to go for F&W and not deal with really terrible crowds?
Isn't that an amazing shirt? I mean, any shirt with a monorail and Epcot on it is perfect! I wish I got an Epcot 30 shirt, I didn't see any while I was there! Not even in November! So I've been stalking Ebay for them, I really want one!

I'm obsessed with the monorail, so to see it just sitting there was pretty awesome, although the people on it were probably annoyed!

Food and Wine is AMAZING!!! The crowds are probably higher than you're used to, but they're not bad at all, just stay away from Epcot on the weekends, when locals go to Food and Wine. If you go during the week, the booths are empty, it's fantastic! That's why I did a whole week in October in 2011, because the year before that, we were there for the last weekend of F&W and it was SO crowded! Oh, and you should also avoid Columbus Day weekend, but the rest of October is pretty good! Or you could always do the first week of November, but Jersey Week falls in there somewhere, and I've heard that week can be kind of crowded. Some people say it's not, but some say it's crazy, so I just usually avoid it. I liked our week last year, we got the end of Food and Wine and the beginning of Christmas, and the crowds weren't bad at all, the weekend was kind of crazy,but the rest of the week was great! We can't do it that way this year, because Thanksgiving is so late, and Food and Wine ends too early! I don't know how I'm going to get through a year without it, unless I can convince Brandon to a quick weekend trip in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I know I read your update, but I guess I didn't respond.

I love Soarin' too...but I really wish they'd fix the spots and hole in the screen.

I love that shirt you got Brandon; I wanted to get it for Mark last year but they didn't have it in his size.

Can't wait to hear about Food & Wine.
Haha, I hate when that happens, I do that all the time because I read a lot of updates on my phone at work, then I forget to respond!

Soarin' is the best, but yes, I wish they'd fix the screen. It would probably have to be closed for a while though, and I'm guessing they just don't want to deal with that!

That shirt is so perfect, Epcot and the monorail, I love it! I wish it came in pink or purple for girls too!

Ahh I love Food and wine, I'm going to miss it this year!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #473
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Okay I am so totally late joining your TR! I was not on the DIS much the last few months but I have my own reports to work on so thought I would catch up on a few of my favorite Trip Reporters!
smile4stamps is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #474
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Okay I am so totally late joining your TR! I was not on the DIS much the last few months but I have my own reports to work on so thought I would catch up on a few of my favorite Trip Reporters!
Yay so glad you're back on the DIS! I will have to get caught up on your TR too!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #475
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

More Food! More Wine! (Ok, maybe not more wine...more Godiva Iced Coffee!!

Monday, November 12

Once we used our FP's for Soarin', we were ready to take on the last day of the Food and Wine festival. It was nice that they kept it open an extra day this year, usually it ends on a Sunday, but this year, because it was Veteran's Day that Monday, it ended Monday instead, woo hoo for more food and wine!

We went over the World Showcase and went by Canada and the UK, and all the booths in between. Since it was the last day, I wanted to try a few new things. We went right to France because I remembered seeing a drink there I wanted to try...and it wasn't the Parisian Cosmo slush!

I went over to the fountain while Brandon got in line, I don't remember why I didn't wait with him, probably just because I wanted to take a million pictures of the fountain, haha! I'm kind of obsessed with the fountain in France, it's so gorgeous! And it was such a beautiful day, and the World Showcase wasn't crowded...happy, happy, happy!





I miss you France!

Finally, Brandon found me with my drink, and handed it to me and told me I wasn't going to like it! I got this:



Sparkling Pomegranate Kir

Brandon assumed I wouldn't like it because it was champagne, which he hates, so I guess he assumes I automatically hate it too, but sometimes I like champagne! And since there was pomegranate mixed in, I figured I'd love it!

Well, Brandon wasn't totally right, but I didn't love it. You couldn't taste the pomegranate at all, and the champagne just wasn't that good. I didn't want to waste it because it was kind of expensive, but I just didn't feel like drinking it. I took tiny sips as we moved on to Belgium.

I know I said we were going to concentrate on trying new things BUT we had to visit Belgium one last time! I decided to get rid of my champagne and get a Godiva Chocolate iced coffee, and Brandon wanted some beer and he's obsessed with the mussels there, so he wanted those again! I went to find a table while he ordered, the nice thing about Belgium is they have a seating area! And there were actually tables available that morning!



Brandon came back with my iced coffee and his beer, I guess while he was up there he decided to get a beer flight!



He also got those mussels he's obsessed with:



Steamed Mussels in Hoegaarden Beer Broth and Baguette

Ugh. Not for me, he always makes me try them, and I always regret it!

We hung out in Belgium for a little while, I sipped my iced coffee, even though I wanted to chug it because it is THAT good, Brandon drank his beer. I don't get drinking 3 different kinds of beer at once, even though they are small cups, I find beer so filling, I doubt I'd be able to finish them all, but he didn't have a problem!

We moved on to Japan, because Brandon wanted to get sushi. He actually went to the booth for sushi once, instead of the counter service place in Japan, and got this:



Spicy Hand Roll (Tuna & Salmon with Chili Pepper, Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil Topped with Kazan Volcano Sauce)

I didn't try it because I don't really like anything too spicy, but he loved it! I swear, he could live on sushi if it was possible, but I'm pretty sure you get mercury poisoning if you eat it everyday!



Sigh. I miss Epcot!

We went to the Hops and Barley booth in America next, because I wanted to try the pumpkin mousse! They were out of it the other time we were there, so I was happy that they had some that morning, I was wondering if they were out of it for good!



YUM, this was fantastic, it looks like a very small serving, but Brandon and I actually shared it because it's really rich and filling and just perfect! I wish they had it all year, because it's really amazing!

After America, we skipped a few booths until we got to Germany. Germany is always really popular, and there was a pretty long line. I was starting to feel kind of hot, the sun was just beating down on us, and I was getting nervous that I would get heat stroke or something. It wasn't even horribly hot that day, probably in the 80's but after my episode in May, where I almost died in the WS, I wasn't taking any chances! I went to find some shade and drank some water and waited for Brandon, he went in line alone again, because it was so long and right in the sun!

Germany had a little section with tables too, and I was stalking some people, waiting for them to leave...as soon as they did, I swooped in and grabbed their table! I love the Food and Wine festival, but I hate when there is nowhere to sit, and you're forced to use a trash can as a table!

Brandon found me, and we got 2 things that I was dying to try:



Schinken Nudel (Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese)

and



Apple Strudel with Karamel-Vanilla Sauce

Don't both of those things look and sound fantastic? Well, they were kind of disappointing, especially the noodle thing with ham and cheese, it was kind of blah. The strudel was good, but I think I was expecting it to be more like apple pie, and something was missing! I don't know what, but neither one was great like I was expecting! Oh well, that's what is so awesome about Food and Wine, you don't like something, you just move on to the next booth!

We did move on, we were kind of full by then, and I think we were almost done with the booths, but then we walked by Argentina, and Brandon saw something he really wanted! I was feeling really hot again, so I wanted to find somewhere cool to go in for a minute, so while he went to Argentina, I went in that Duffy shop by the entrance to the World Showcase and looked around for a few minutes, just to cool off. I found this ADORABLE Minnie that I was tempted to buy, but for some reason didn't-



Isn't that the cutest thing ever????

I went back outside and sat by the doors on the ground, where it was nice and shady, and Brandon came over to eat the beef empanada that he got from Argentina. I tried it, it was really good, but for some reason, I forgot to take a picture! I think I was trying not to panic about the heat, up until that day, it was very cool, and this was the first actual hot day, and my body just does not adjust well to heat the first time it's really hot out! Even at home, the first few really hot days of summer, I'm miserable, it's so annoying! I wish I could just be normal instead of so high maintenance!

Luckily, I think I was just a little freaked out, because I felt hot and I was remembering May, but just sitting and drinking water made me feel ok, so we moved on! We were stuffed and it was pretty hot out, and it was around 1:30 so we decided we should probably leave soon.

On the way out, we had to stop at the Fountain of Nations for a few minutes, so I could take some pictures, another fountain I absolutely love!



Then when we walked by Spaceship Earth, we saw that there was no wait, so why not? Spaceship Earth is always a good time!





Finally, we were ready to head out of Epcot!



Goodbye Food and Wine Festival! Hopefully I will see you again this year, keep those fingers crossed for me!

Up next...the BEACH CLUB for dinner and DHS!

__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #476
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,817

Looks like a fun time at the Food and Wine festival! Every time you describe the Godiva Iced Coffee it just sounds SO GOOD, because I mean... Godiva and Iced Coffee combined. BUT DARN THAT ALCOHOL.

World Showcase is so gorgeous AHHHHH.
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #477
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita
 
beachphotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: State of Sunshine
Posts: 497

I skipped a lot of the booths because the lines were so. dang. long. I think we went on Sunday? And it was ridiculously crowded. but I soldiered on and got to the South America booth. That empanada was SOOOO good. I miss it. A lot.

Also, I like how you put the "I miss..." with the sad face under the pictures!
__________________
Susie


Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #478
cfw213
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 852

Yay another lovely food and wine update! I'm so excited to try it for the first time this fall...you've shown me lots of good options!!
__________________
me DH Oscar Jess (DSister)

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #479
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran
 
Mrs T 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 524

My mom and I were talking about how IF we didn't have to watch my sister March, we would choose Epcot instead of MK haha!!!

I miss epcot :'(

Those mussels look delish, also the mousse! Yum!
Sorry that drink was sub-par

I'm glad you didn't almost for again!!!! That would have freaked me out too though!
My body doesn't like drastic changes in weather LoL so I understand how ya feel!!!
__________________
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV



Mrs T 2009 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #480
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,873

I just have to say that Brandon and I would be totally compatible with our food and drink choices. I had that Spicy Hand Roll and it was SO GOOD! I seriously can't wait to go back next year. And I have decided to drink just beer next year because I think its the best use of my drinking money! I am on a mission to try every beer they have there. Watch out!

Beautiful pictures in France!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: