Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Thanks for the quick response about the luggage. I forgot about TJ Maxx. I got my daughter's luggage there - it's light weight with great features. I'll be sure to check there.

So India huh? Wow! That sounds amazing! Are there parts of Animal Kingdom that bring back memories of India for you?

Your TR sounds wonderful so far; can't wait to hear more!

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Enjoying so far!!

Especially love your the title to the first chapter.. Second Star to the right.. And straight on till morning.. Favorite Disney Quote!! )))

Thanks for reading!! I'm going to try to use a Disney quote for the title of each chapter...we will see how far I get!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post
Thanks for the quick response about the luggage. I forgot about TJ Maxx. I got my daughter's luggage there - it's light weight with great features. I'll be sure to check there.

So India huh? Wow! That sounds amazing! Are there parts of Animal Kingdom that bring back memories of India for you?

Your TR sounds wonderful so far; can't wait to hear more!
India was amazing! I did a post about the trip in my last trip report, so if you are interested in pictures, check it out!

Parts of Animal Kingdom DEFINITELY remind me of India! I had a great time pointing out the similarities to Ben on this trip!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Enchantress01

QUOTE=CAStevens218;47876427]India was amazing! I did a post about the trip in my last trip report, so if you are interested in pictures, check it out!

Parts of Animal Kingdom DEFINITELY remind me of India! I had a great time pointing out the similarities to Ben on this trip!

OMG! Your pictures of India are spectacular! Thanks for posting them.

Is it mandatory for all hotels in India to have such breath taking views? No matter which city you were in the views were amazing. The Taj Mahal looks beautiful in pictures; I can't imagine what it feels like to see it up close. And that market with the fabric. I love to sew, so not sure how I could get all of that fabric home on the plane.

Your camel pics remind me of camel-riding in Lanzarote on our honeymoon. It was so much fun!

What a rich culture; you're so fortunate to have experienced it. Well, it's nice to know, if we can't get back to the places we love any time soon, Disney brings a little of them to us!

Looking forward to your next updates!

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD

Last edited by Enchantress01; 03-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUOTE=CAStevens218;47876427]

OMG! Your pictures of India are spectacular! Thanks for posting them.

Is it mandatory for all hotels in India to have such breath taking views? No matter which city you were in the views were amazing. The Taj Mahal looks beautiful in pictures; I can't imagine what it feels like to see it up close. And that market with the fabric. I love to sew, so not sure how I could get all of that fabric home on the plane.

Your camel pics remind me of camel-riding in Lanzarote on our honeymoon. It was so much fun!

What a rich culture; you're so fortunate to have experienced it. Well, it's nice to know, if we can't get back to the places we love any time soon, Disney brings a little of them to us!

Looking forward to your next updates!
There were so amazing views from the hotels and restaurants we went to! The Taj Mahal was breathtaking...EXTREMELY crowded though!

Getting things home on the plane was definitely a concern when we were shopping! I'm sure we were quite a sight to see when we were trying to pack on our last day!

I had never heard of Lanzarote before, but I just googled it and it looks AMAZING!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Think of all the joy you’ll find, when you leave the world behind…

We woke up bright eyed and ready to go on our first morning! We got ready quickly and headed out to the car to head to our first park…the Magic Kingdom!

On our way, we saw our first Disney bus of the trip! We LOVE having a car now that we have experienced it, but seeing those busses means we are IN DISNEY WORLD, so they still make me excited!

Ahhhhhhh, soooo excited to be here!!!!!

We drove to the Transportation and Ticket Center and got a front row parking spot! We love being there early enough to park in the front so that we don’t have to wait for a tram at the end of the night!

Mickey insisted that we pose with him….and who can refuse Mickey?

Now, I know I promised you all a day at the Magic Kingdom….and, I promise we’ll get there…but FIRST, we needed to eat!!

Anybody know where we’re going?

Well, we hopped on the resort monorail….and rode it around to the Polynesian! Know where we are going now?

Kona!!!!

We LOVE having breakfast at Kona, and we always try to do it on our first morning if we can!

I had made a reservation the night before, so we walked on up to the podium and checked in. The CM checking us in was very pleasant, and told us it would just be a second and then we would be seated. I started to head toward the railing to look down into the lobby, and before I even took a step, our name was called! The CM laughed and said “I told you it would only be a second!” I LOVE when someone says that and it is true…especially when I am on my way into breakfast at Kona!

When we were handed our menus, I was THRILLED to see that the red velvet pancakes were still on the menu!

I didn’t even have to look, my decision was made! Ben looked for a few minutes and chose the Big Kahuna for his meal. He was hungry!!!

While we waited for our food, we discussed what we hoped to accomplish at the Magic Kingdom that day. We didn’t have much time to talk though, because our food was in front of us very quickly!

Check out these babies:

These we SO. SO. SOOOO. GOOD!!! They were very rich, so I didn’t finish them, but I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. That cream cheese topping….yummmmm!!!

Ben wanted to be in his food picture again…so here he is with his Big Kahuna!

He really enjoyed this as well. I tried some of the potatoes and they were delicious!

When we were finished, we paid our bill (we paid cash here instead of using a dining credit), and headed back out to the monorail. NOW it was Magic Kingdom time! See? I told you we would get there eventually!

We rode the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, went through the bag check, through the turnstiles, and found a spot for the opening show!

Now, side note, we got to use the new turnstiles for the first time on this morning. They were neat, but the set up baffled me. There were basically four of the little machines for every 1 CM. People were moving so quickly, there was no way the CM was able to see everyone. It would have been so easy for someone to just walk right on through and say they had used the machine. Not sure about the set up, but the machines were nifty! Yup….nifty, I said it!

Anyway, back to the opening show…this always makes me tear up!!! Who knew that people singing about “good morning” could make me emotional?

Finally, the gates were open and we entered the Magic Kingdom!!!!

I always feel such a strange combination of excitement and calm when I walk down Main Street USA for the first time on a trip. It just feels RIGHT.

As we made our way toward the castle, we saw the Dapper Dans getting off the trolley. I love their outfits!

When we got to the hub, we had a decision to make. We had been talking about what we should do for a few days now. Did we want to follow our tradition and head to Space Mountain or did we want to head to the new Fantasyland to do Enchanted Tales with Belle?

Decisions, decisions….

Next stop: Our day at Magic Kingdom!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Breakfast looks yummy right now. Those pancakes are just crazy, aren't they? Definitely enough to fill more than one!

I miss that good morning song! I can totally relate to getting a bit teary, too.

Lovin your MK pictures! The color is awesome in that last one with the Dapper Dans.

Can't wait to see which you pick next. My guess is Belle.
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In

Your breakfast at Kona looks so good! Would you happen to know if the juice with breakfast was plain orange juice or was it the yummy concoction that they serve at Ohana for breakfast?

Enjoying your report!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #23
Enchantress01

Yay for getting front row parking and making the opening show. The CM's spring outfits are soooo beautiful.

Yum! Your Kona breakfast looks soooo good.

I wonder if you chose to visit Belle and Ariel. Hmmm....

Just to clarify, we honeymooned in Grand Canaria - the largest and lush Canary Island and took the excursion to volcanic Lanzarote for camel-riding. The vinyards there are amazing. Each vine is deep in black volcanic sand depressions with walls built around them to shield them from the winds. From there we went to Spain. O.K. enough about that. Now back to this wonderful TR!!

It's funny; it looks so crowded on Main Street but by the hub it's so empty. How were the crowds?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #24
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Breakfast looks yummy right now. Those pancakes are just crazy, aren't they? Definitely enough to fill more than one!

I miss that good morning song! I can totally relate to getting a bit teary, too.

Lovin your MK pictures! The color is awesome in that last one with the Dapper Dans.

Can't wait to see which you pick next. My guess is Belle.
Those pancakes were DEFINITELY enough for two! Yummm, I wish I had some right now!

I love that shot! Their outfits totally pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Your breakfast at Kona looks so good! Would you happen to know if the juice with breakfast was plain orange juice or was it the yummy concoction that they serve at Ohana for breakfast?

Enjoying your report!
I'm not sure if it is the same one as 'Ohana, but they call is the Lillikoi juice, and it is AMAZING!

Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Yay for getting front row parking and making the opening show. The CM's spring outfits are soooo beautiful.

Yum! Your Kona breakfast looks soooo good.

I wonder if you chose to visit Belle and Ariel. Hmmm....

Just to clarify, we honeymooned in Grand Canaria - the largest and lush Canary Island and took the excursion to volcanic Lanzarote for camel-riding. The vinyards there are amazing. Each vine is deep in black volcanic sand depressions with walls built around them to shield them from the winds. From there we went to Spain. O.K. enough about that. Now back to this wonderful TR!!

It's funny; it looks so crowded on Main Street but by the hub it's so empty. How were the crowds?
I love that opening show! You're right, their outfits are great for Spring!

I wish I had that breakfast right now!

Sounds like an amazing Honeymoon!

The crowds were not bad at all. A bit busier than what I had hoped, but we didn't have many issues with it being too crowded.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Sorry I missed the end of your last TR, things have been so busy for me with school and work that I haven't been on the dis since february I'm glad to see you have started a new one and I am here to follow along with you, if not as often as I would prefer, I'll try Can't wait to see more!
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Sorry I missed the end of your last TR, things have been so busy for me with school and work that I haven't been on the dis since february I'm glad to see you have started a new one and I am here to follow along with you, if not as often as I would prefer, I'll try Can't wait to see more!
Welcome back, thanks for reading!!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #27
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

To Infinity...and Beyond!!!!

When I left off, we had entered Magic Kingdom and were trying to decide if we should hit Enchanted Tales with Belle first, or our traditional first ride, Space Mountain! We had been going back and forth on this for quite a while, but ultimately decided that we could not justify spending all the precious early morning time standing in line and experiencing ETwB. We knew we wanted to see it, but we decided to give it a try late one night instead.

So, we made our way toward Tomorrowland!!

Those people to the right of the topiaries were part of a film crew. There was some woman being filmed for something, I’m not sure what? We didn’t stick around very long to find out…we had a Space Mission to get ready for!

And then…..Ben had to stop and tie his show.

Yup, within ten minutes of entering the park, before we even made it to a ride, he had to hold us up to tie his darn shoe. DOUBLE KNOT PEOPLE!!!!! This became a theme throughout the trip, so you will get to see Ben tying his shoe a few more times!

Getting there!!

We walked right on to the boarding area!

And I got to sit in the front row!!!!

After our ride through space, we headed over to ride Buzz. I am historically TERRIBLE at this game, but I had been watching youtube videos, and I was DETERMINED to redeem myself!

Again, we walked right on! I tried my hardest…but failed miserably.

I just can’t tell where my laser is pointing! I was feeling optimistic though, so I dragged Ben right on again. I just needed a warm up round, right? I was DEFINITELY going to max out the score this time…I mean, I knew EXACTLY where to aim!

Sigh. I’m hopeless. And in case there is any question, I’m the one in the twenty-thousands on both rides. Don’t judge me.

After this was when our feelings of “I’m just SO HAPPY to be here” started to kick in again. We felt no sense of urgency. I asked Ben what he wanted to do next, and he said Peoplemover. He has NEVER asked to go on the Peoplemover before….who am I to argue?

I just love this ride. It is so relaxing and you get such great views!

It was such a beautiful day!

Crowds were still very light in Tomorrowland!

Up next, we decided to make our way toward the New Fantasyland to check it out. We knew the line for Belle would be too long by now, but we figured we could ride the Little Mermaid and check out Gaston’s Tavern.

On our walk, the most AMAZING thing happened! For the first time in my life, I said “OMG” out loud.

I SPOTTED TWEEDLE DEE AND TWEEDLE DUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were greeting near the teacups, right next to where Alice and the White Rabbit greet!

The Tweedles are one of the only characters I can remember meeting on my very first trip when I was a kid. Of course, I was super excited and I dragged Ben over to get in line!

We admired the topiaries while we waited!

The line was very short, so after just a few minutes, it was our turn! Ben wanted to take the picture with funny faces, and even the Tweedles joined in!!

Love that picture!!

I had always wanted a photo with the White Rabbit, but I hate meeting face characters, so we had never done it because we had never seen him without Alice. I think face characters are great for kids, but I don’t have anything to say to them, so I feel awkward!

When we finished with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alice had just gone on break and the White Rabbit was greeting on his own. Most of the line had stepped aside to wait for Alice, so we got to be second in line to meet the Rabbit!

With these two successful character photo ops completed, we continued on our way toward the New Fantasyland. We decided to make a quick detour to grab fastpasses to Peter Pan first.

I just love all the color of Fantasyland!

Fastpasses in hand, we made our way back and headed through the new castle walls for our first glimpse of the New Fantasyland!!!!

Next Stop: New Fantasyland, of course!!

Old 04-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics! Wonderful update.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #29
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Great update and love the photos! I have never seen tweedle dee and tweedle dum or the white rabbit.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #30
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: