The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #826
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Great info I think we are going with the villages. unless there is some reasoning I shouldn't.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #827
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

gina I take It you have done a lot of research before traveling to Orlando.I have noticed that your visit will coincide with Florida's mean season. I sure hope the weather holds out for you. You appear to be excited counting the days like myself. Back to SVR (soon to be owner?). Feb.2014 Hawaii Spring?2014 Hope all of those visiting SVR have as memorable vacation as our family. OUT.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #828
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperof4 View Post
gina I take It you have done a lot of research before traveling to Orlando.I have noticed that your visit will coincide with Florida's mean season. I sure hope the weather holds out for you. You appear to be excited counting the days like myself. Back to SVR (soon to be owner?). Feb.2014 Hawaii Spring?2014 Hope all of those visiting SVR have as memorable vacation as our family. OUT.
Yeah, we were there the same week in 2012, so we know what we're in for. Arrived just as the tail end of Hurricane Isaac swept through Orlando. Our flight from Syracuse was put on a travel alert, and we weren't even sure we'd fly out as scheduled.....but thankfully we made it safe, sound and on time (just rainy and yucky for a day or two...great shopping weather!) We have trip cancellation and interruption insurance in place just in case . Hopefully we won't need it though!!!

We have visited Orlando the second week in January, the first week of January, the last week of August, and Christmas week. Each time period has its pros and cons. While August is steamy hot, at least we know we are guaranteed some nice, hot pool weather .

Your February getaway will be here before you know it . As for us, we are very excited about trying out the Vistana for the first time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #829
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

Looking to rent at Sheraton Vistana. Does anyone know Terry Faust?

I am looking to rent a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the month of July. This will be the first time I am renting so I need some insight on how it works. How can I know that I'm not being scammed. Terry Faust's name came up when I was looking at My Resort Network.

No in in my family drives so I am at the mercy of shuttles and cabs or whatever public transportation I can find. I really don't like International Drive area even though it is convenient. We have stayed at Pop Century before, but with a hyper 3 year old and a bored 13 year old we could really use the space and activities you get from a timeshare resort. We are planning on cooking most of our meals and we only plan on going to 3 parks in the 2 weeks that we want to rent.

Does the Sheraton Vistana Resort offer shuttles to the parks and are there supermarkets that are close by?

Thanks for any info.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #830
SwiftyOWB
Earning My Ears

Headed to Vistana April 12-19

Hi, all. My husband, 2 girls and I are headed to Vistana from the 12th to the 19th of April. Will anyone be there with us? We are going to do 5 days at the park but back at the hotel late afternoon. We are looking forward to a great week!
SwiftyOWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #831
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
I am looking to rent a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the month of July. This will be the first time I am renting so I need some insight on how it works. How can I know that I'm not being scammed. Terry Faust's name came up when I was looking at My Resort Network.

No in in my family drives so I am at the mercy of shuttles and cabs or whatever public transportation I can find. I really don't like International Drive area even though it is convenient. We have stayed at Pop Century before, but with a hyper 3 year old and a bored 13 year old we could really use the space and activities you get from a timeshare resort. We are planning on cooking most of our meals and we only plan on going to 3 parks in the 2 weeks that we want to rent.

Does the Sheraton Vistana Resort offer shuttles to the parks and are there supermarkets that are close by?

Thanks for any info.
Can't help with Terry Faust, but can answer some of your other questions.

I think that Vistana would be a great location for keeping your two charges entertained, but getting around is a bit difficult without a car. Vistana does offer shuttles to the parks at extra cost ($8pp if I recall). The shuttle is free only if your reservation is through Sheraton or a Travel Agency; timeshare exchanges do not get free shuttle.

The resort does have a Lynx stop at the front see http://www.golynx.com/ for maps and schedules. From what I can tell though, a trip to any of the nearest grocery stores will require a transfer, although the 304 route might get you to the Walmart Superstore on 535. Best to plan groceries carefully and take a taxi. We prefer the Publix at Vineland and I-Drive. If you forget anything, there is a well stocked market on site, but prices are a bit high (but not as high as an extra taxi ride!)

Enjoy your vacation!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #832
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

When are people receiving their email confirmations back from Vistana after submitting the Diamond Lane form?

This is our third visit and third time submitting the form but I don't remember... I know I had to call to follow up one year. I submitted ours early last week & haven't heard anything yet. Our check in dates are the 14th & 21st (two consecutive weeks that will hopefully be linked so we don't have to move). We aren't actually arriving until the 17th but they are timeshare exchange weeks so we had to book the full week. It was a freebie/bonus week so I don't feel bad about "wasting" three nights.

SwiftyOWB - It looks like we'll overlap a couple days. We'll be in the parks on the 18th & 19th but will spend the afternoon of the 17th swimming before heading to DTD for dinner & to pick up our APs.

Thanks!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #833
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post

Thanks for any info.
You can book directly from the Sheraton website. Also you could try VRBO
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #834
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to walk to DTD from the Resort?

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #835
WDWFRV
Nighttime is my time to dream of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We are very excited to stay at SVR this coming August.......just made our reservations this week .

I have tried to read through most of this thread, but haven't found (or somehow missed) the answer to one of our questions. How much is a round of mini golf at the resort?

And how does the course compare to say, Congo River or Pirates Cove?

Hey, we also are going to be there in August. When we reserved and got our confirmation by email, they had already assigned us to the Fountain 1 section but when we called to ask questions about it they said that it will probably not be in that section. It was only assigned at the time of booking but... not sure how to go about this.

(Dreams are made of Disney vacation spent with loved ones)
WDWFRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #836
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
Is it possible to walk to DTD from the Resort?
Sort of. It's about 3 miles from the Resort to DTD and you are walking along some very busy roads, although there are sidewalks all the way on the East side of 535. You will have to cross two ramps for the I-4 and cross two busy intersections to get there.

It's doable for a power walker, but I wouldn't recommend it with family in tow. Keep in mind that you can easily walk another 2-3 miles at DTD, so you are talking about logging 8-10 miles on your feet!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #837
WDWFRV

Hi, this will be my first time staying with SVR and I was wondering what exactly is the Diamond Lane form. Can anybody use this form? Does somebody have a link for this form. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a Club Intrawest member and I am exchanging through Interval International. Will it limit my chances of having the room that I want. I read that a person did not get an adequate room (it was on the ground floor with a view of the stairs going up to the other balconies and she was really disappointed). What happens if your timeshare is not with SVR, do you still have the same service as the others.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #838
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

I guess walking is out of the question!!! Chauffard Dave! Downtown Disney Please!!!!

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #839
WDWFRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
I guess walking is out of the question!!! Chauffard Dave! Downtown Disney Please!!!!
I guess so sis, but you know that your BIL is always there for you. You are very lucky to have a BIL like him

Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #840
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFRV View Post
Hi, this will be my first time staying with SVR and I was wondering what exactly is the Diamond Lane form. Can anybody use this form? Does somebody have a link for this form. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a Club Intrawest member and I am exchanging through Interval International. Will it limit my chances of having the room that I want. I read that a person did not get an adequate room (it was on the ground floor with a view of the stairs going up to the other balconies and she was really disappointed). What happens if your timeshare is not with SVR, do you still have the same service as the others.
Hello neighbour!,

Looks like a family venture to Vistana!

The DL form allows you to make special requests or notify the resort of special needs. For instance, it sounds like you are travelling with another party. DL is a great way to request that both parties be placed together. Or apart for that matter...

There really aren't any "bad" sections at Vistana; it is a very well thought out resort. Don't feel that you have to fill out a request form unless you have very particular needs. There are lots of posts on this thread covering the differences between the various parts of the resort.

You can access the form at this link: https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...?propertyId=01

Don't send it too early as the resort doesn't get the relations from II or RCI until a couple of weeks prior; they will just hold your request until they can confirm. Trading through II will provide no penalty, it is the preferred company for Sheraton, although Vistana trades on both II and RCI.

Owners will alway have preferential access to their owned weeks - that goes without saying. If we travel in our own week, we will be placed in our deeded unit. Sheraton owners also get preferential access to trades on II - they are allowed to book available weeks before anyone else. But once you have a trade in place, there really isn't any preference given to any particular guest - trades are placed as run of resort. Once at the resort, there is no secret handshake, and I have never been asked if I am an owner. I even have to pay for the "owners' internet" (higher speed) just like non-owners. Ownership does not seem to bestow any additional benefits except that you get invited to the "owner's update" (timeshare presentation) instead of the "VIP welcome breakfast" (timeshare presentation).

I must say that whoever complained about a stair view is VERY picky. Many lower floor units have their entry doors situated under the stairs to the unit above. This is to avoid ANY windows looking at stairs, but it can make the entry a little gloomy. I have never seen a unit with a view of the stairs. The main views are out the back of all units, and there are generally no stairs there (with a couple of exceptions, but those stairs are well hidden - it took me half a week before I realized that a Springs unit we were in had a back stairs access). All the floor plans I have seen have the kitchen and 2nd bedroom at the front of the unit, which generally has the less desirable view of the parking/street side; but still no windows on the stairs.

Enjoy your stay, Vistana is a really wonderful resort!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: