Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

More of World Showcase

We moved on to Japan!

We hung around here and fed DS and finished our treats.

My dad got a Kakigori (I think that's what it's called). It's basically a slushie. Yum! He let me taste it and then gave it to DD when he'd had enough. She loved it!

DH ran up to the restaurant to get DS some milk. He came back with some sushi, too! He doesn't get too adventurous when it comes to sushi, so he picked the California Roll.

Just beautiful!!!

They started moving in the barges for IllumiNations!

As we moved toward Morocco, we noticed Aladdin and Jasmine would soon be meeting!

Olivia was acting so shy for some reason! LOL I think it's because Aladdin was so handsome!!

We didn't do much in Morocco. I got to see the inside of Restaurant Marrekesh while taking DD to the restroom, though! LOL I wanted to eat there really badly, but I knew my dad would hate it. DD would have loved watching the belly dancers, though. The lady that owns her dance studio is a belly dancer and Olivia just loves it!

This is where our "eating and drinking around the world" fell short. We were just so full!!! LOL And I knew France was next. I took french from 7th grade through college, so I knew the delicioiusness that awaited me in France!!!

UP NEXT: France!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #107
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

France!!!

Yay! This is what I had been waiting for all day long!!

I've always wanted to go to France and this is the next best thing!

My parents got a creme brulee and a lemon meringue tart! I think it was from Boulangerie Patisserie

I found the crepe stand!! I got a crepe with chocolate sauce and a Grand Marnier slushie. I heard how wonderful this drink is and it did NOT disappoint!!!!! Orange Push Up in adult form. OMG GOOD!!!!!

So pretty! I like how this pavilion winds around like the city streets.

As I was eating my crepe, I see an area with just one other family waiting in line. I asked them who they were waiting for and they said Sleeping Beauty!! I couldn't believe there wasn't a huge line of people! We got in line and she came not too long after that. DD was in HEAVEN as this is her favorite princess!! I had never seen this movie as a child and found it at Goodwill right before our trip. I fell in love with it!!! And I'm sad to say, it replaced Cinderella as my favorite Disney princess movie!

We discovered the trick to keeping DS content. Lollipops!! LOL

UP NEXT: The UK

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #108
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

The UK

Sadly, we left France. I could have stayed there all day long! We wandered over the bridge into UK and found Father Christmas telling stories.

While we were listening, my mom and Olivia found Pooh and Tigger! They had walked in the back door of the shop right into the middle of the meet and greet! Oops!! LOL

So, we went around front and got in line the right way.

Jumping 5 times for Olivia's 5th birthday!!

Tigger was so cute! He had Olivia laughing so hard!! LOL

Tigger showing my mom that he signed his name. He was so proud!

After this, my parents decided to head back to the hotel. We were sticking around for Candlelight Processional and IllumiNations!

Nightime pics as my parents left the park:

UP NEXT: The Candlelight Processional narrated by Blair Underwood and IllumiNatons!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-15-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #109
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Candlelight Processional and IllumiNations!

By the time we wandered back around to The American Adventure, it was almost time for the Candlelight Processional. Blair Underwood was the narrator for tonight!

More suckers to keep DS quiet!!

The stage is so pretty!

CP was awesome! (And we are not overly religious people. It was still an amazing story, amazing narration, and amazing singing!!)

After it was over, the kids were both falling asleep. We put them both in the stroller and made our way back over to the UK. Our plan was to let them sleep and to get a bite to eat waiting for IllumiNations to begin. DH found a bench in Canada while I waited in line for some food.

We split a fish and chips, each had a shortbread cookie, and a drink.

As we ate, the place started to fill up, so we moved closer to the railing so I could get pictures and video without other people's heads in the way! LOL

The holiday ending was amazing! Click here to see video of it!

UP NEXT: Hollywood Studios

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #110
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Hi there!

I'm joining in on your TR a bit late, but I'm really enjoying it! The reveal video with your daughter was SO cute! What a lucky little girl to have such an excellent family!

Btw, I'm not sure if anyone ever answered your question, but the dragon and the little boy float in MSEP is from the movie Pete's Dragon. It's kind of random, but MSEP is an old parade, so I guess it makes sense?

I love reading TRs of first visits! You definitely did your research! I don't know of many Disney newbies who would think to make an ADR at a resort (especially a resort that you're not staying at) instead of in one of the parks!

I'm seriously impressed with your eating & drinking around the world goal in World Showcase! There's no way I could have lasted through that many countries!

I can't wait to read more!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #111
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Hi there!

I'm joining in on your TR a bit late, but I'm really enjoying it! The reveal video with your daughter was SO cute! What a lucky little girl to have such an excellent family!

Btw, I'm not sure if anyone ever answered your question, but the dragon and the little boy float in MSEP is from the movie Pete's Dragon. It's kind of random, but MSEP is an old parade, so I guess it makes sense?

I love reading TRs of first visits! You definitely did your research! I don't know of many Disney newbies who would think to make an ADR at a resort (especially a resort that you're not staying at) instead of in one of the parks!

I'm seriously impressed with your eating & drinking around the world goal in World Showcase! There's no way I could have lasted through that many countries!

I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading!! I am impressed with your list of trips! I think I *may* have convinced DH to go back next year for Halloween if we get some things paid off beforehand.

I looooovvved all the food at World Showcase! lol Most of it I split with DH and DD. There is so much I still want to try, though!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #112
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Disney's Hollywood Studios
My mom was very excited for this park! She loves everything TV and movie related!!! DD was dressed very appropriately, like a movie star!

My dad wanted to sleep in this morning, so my mom jumped in the car with us! After eating breakfast at the hotel, we got on the road! We got to DHS soon after opening.

Pretty! It's not vacation til you see a palm tree! lol

At the front gates, we had to stop at Guest Services to get DD a new Birthday button. I had forgotten her original one back in the room. The lady inside was so sweet. She said "Olivia, we have a phone call for you!" and put her on the phone. Olivia started smiling SO BIG!! She said it was Mickey Mouse telling her happy birthday! CM customer service is INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Of course we were on our way to Toy Story Midway Mania! But we were distracted by how beautiful everything was. I loved this window display!

I may have said this before, but I wish I would have looked more at the maps and figured out the actual paths to take to get to attractions lol I knew where they were in general and in relation to everything else, but I was clueless which sidewalk to take to the attraction. LOL

Pixar Place!

The line for TSMM was already ridiculously long (close to an hour, if I remember correctly) so we decided to get Fastpasses for later. This was actually our first ever Fastpass! All week long, we had been very lucky with wait times or been able to use a Switch off pass. There was a CM helping at the FP machine and she laughed when I told her I was excited because it was our first time! I told her that we would have an extra person joining us later on (my dad) and she gave us an extra FP for him, too! Yay for two CM interactions that WOWed me in the customer service department!

After getting our FPs, we ran into the green army man! DD was very nervous around him lol I don't think she knew what the heck he was. But he was so super sweet!

Of course we had him sign her DHS Autograph book.

While we were there, we decided to try the new Jack Sparrow attraction! Today was it's "official" opening, although I had reading a ton of reviews about it already here on the Dis! DH decided to sit this one out and stay with DS. I'm pretty sure he had fallen asleep and we didn't want to wake him up.

My mom took pics inside while I held DD. They pack you so tightly into the room that she couldn't see a thing! And my arm was getting ready to fall off by the end of the show! lol

My feelings were so mixed on this attraction! I LOVE the POTC movies, but the attraction was just ho-hum for me. The one thing that would make me see it again is the Jack hologram at the end. I wasn't even sure it was a hologram at first!! It is SO good!

Back outside, DS was awake and it was time to go Under the Sea!

UP NEXT: Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 03-26-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #113
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Under the Sea And Some Thrill Rides

I was so impressed with this show. Just loved it!

DD and DH

I can't remember if my dad met up with us before the show or after. But, we headed down toward Tower of Terror. My parents got some treats for themselves and the kids. Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror were on the list for DH and me!

I could see it off in the distance!

Yummy treats!

Who needs Prince Charming when you have chocolate?

My mom's treat!

DH and I first went on Rock n' Roller Coaster! This ended up being my favorite roller coaster in all of WDW!

Funny story. I KNEW (Hello, researcher/planner extraordinaire here) that this coaster takes off fast. However, DH distracted me with trying to put his hat and sunglasses inside the little bag so they wouldn't fly away. I didn't even notice our limousine taxi-ing up to take off and then ALL OF A SUDDEN we were GONE!!! LMAO Hilarious. I'm sure our ride picture was epic. LOL

Meanwhile, DD found her beloved Power Rangers!

This is how she plays Power Ranger at home

Yes, those are underwear on her head. And yes, they are clean! lol

DH and I ended up getting Fastpasses for Tower of Terror because it was getting close to our lunch ADR!

UP NEXT: Where is lunch?!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 04-21-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #114
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

If you ask me, DHS is just a confusing park in general! I've been there tons of times, and I still get turned around, especially over by the Backlot Tour!

OMG I recognize the CM by the Toy Story FP machine! You know you've been to Disney too many times when... lol!

Mickey Mouse rice krispies are my favorite! I'm making my mom bring back one for me when she and my dad go next month.

Awww, your daughter is so cute as the pink Power Ranger! Is that even still on TV? I have no clue! (And now I feel old, haha!)

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #115
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
If you ask me, DHS is just a confusing park in general! I've been there tons of times, and I still get turned around, especially over by the Backlot Tour!

OMG I recognize the CM by the Toy Story FP machine! You know you've been to Disney too many times when... lol!

Mickey Mouse rice krispies are my favorite! I'm making my mom bring back one for me when she and my dad go next month.

Awww, your daughter is so cute as the pink Power Ranger! Is that even still on TV? I have no clue! (And now I feel old, haha!)
I'm glad I wasn't the only confused person! lol

hahahahaha Now that's funny! I think I recognize a lot of characters in other people's pictures, but then I think maybe the costume makes a lot of them look alike anyways.

I wanted to try a Mickey Rice Krispie treat and never did! Oh well, another thing to add to my list for our next visit!

Thanks! Power Rangers is on Netflix! She is very into that and Transformers LOL With that and her beloved princesses, she's very well rounded! lol

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #116
jc040404
DIS Veteran

I've totally fallen behind, but I'm catching up.

Love that at home power ranger pic. She's so silly! Where are those Power Rangers costumes? I get so confused in that park, but my boys would be nuts to see them!

The pirate thing is not child friendly at all, is it? My child-holding arms were dying by the end of it, too. You TR just taught me something about it though. I had no idea that was a hologram at the end! I actually thought it was a CM that joined the show. DH is currently cracking up over this. I guess he already knew. Thanks for the Disney education!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #117
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I've totally fallen behind, but I'm catching up.

Love that at home power ranger pic. She's so silly! Where are those Power Rangers costumes? I get so confused in that park, but my boys would be nuts to see them!

The pirate thing is not child friendly at all, is it? My child-holding arms were dying by the end of it, too. You TR just taught me something about it though. I had no idea that was a hologram at the end! I actually thought it was a CM that joined the show. DH is currently cracking up over this. I guess he already knew. Thanks for the Disney education!
hahahaha

The Power Ranger costumes are in a store by the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. Maybe LA Props or Legends of Hollywood? We saw it as we were walking from Rock N Rollercoaster to lunch at 50's Prime Time.

I am going to update again soon, I promise! Things have been super busy around here. My blog traffic has been picking up, so I've been trying to write regular posts over there!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #118
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

50's Prime Time Cafe

When planning, not a lot impressed me about dining at Hollywood Studios, to be honest. 50's Prime Time Cafe seemed to be the best option for all of us. My dad would be happy with the "down home" food and everyone else would like the 50's theme!

It was SUPER busy, so we checked in and went back outside to wait.

Carter's waving "Hi, Grandma!"

Then he got antsy, so I let him run over to daddy!

We had such pretty views while waiting!

Olivia was obsessed with the map. She wanted to know where we were, where we were going next, and how we got there!

Here she comes a callin'! We waited around 15 minutes. We were all so ready to eat!!! Especially the kids!

We were put in one of the small rooms off to the side. We had tvs to watch and only two other tables in the room with us! Our waiter was a little dry, but he knew to take a group picture! You can tell Carter is UPSET and just wants to EAT!!! lol

My monster man.

I ordered a Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake! I love peanut butter, so I knew this was right up my ally! It was HUGE and soooo good!!

DH and DD shared a Strawberry Milkshake.

Olivia picked Chicken Noodle Soup for her appetizer.

Funny story. When we first started looking at the menu, I asked DH if he wanted to split the Entree Sampler since it came with THREE meats, green beans, and mashed potatoes. "No," he said. Ooooookay. I really wanted to try everything, but I knew I would be miserable if I got that by myself. So I just ordered the fried chicken. I don't really like fried chicken on the bone because it's so messy to eat, but I had just had meatloaf our first night in Disney and I didn't know if I liked pot roast, so fried chicken it was! So the waiter goes around the table taking everyone's order. DH was last. Can you guess what he ordered? The freaking ENTREE SAMPLER!!!!! I just glared at him!!! He claims he never heard me ask. Whatever, dude!!! So between DS acting crazy and that, I was not in the best of moods! lol But my PB&J milkshake made things a little better!

Entree Sampler that DH did NOT eat all of. LOL My parents also got this and split it.

DD chose the grilled chicken with a side of pasta. Disney has HUGE kids portions.

My meal was okay. I was annoyed by how messy it was. I knew better than to get that. Oh well!

For dessert, my dad got an ice cream sundae.

My mom got the s'mores! This looked so good. She said it tasted exactly like s'mores. LOL Wonder why?! I wanted to try it, but I was SO FULL!

Our server brought DD a do-it-herself ice cream sundae. He had everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. She loved all the attention!!!!

Carter was happy now that his belly was full!!!

UP NEXT: We part ways again. Who does what?!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 04-21-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #119
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

An Afternoon in Hollywood

We split ways after lunch. DH, DD, and I had Tower of Terror Fast Passes to use!!! To be honest, I was a tad worried about going on this ride right after lunch, but I figured we'd be okay!! I was anxious for DD since she was so scared of Haunted Mansion the first day! lol But, she had seen video of this ride on one of the Disney specials on Netflix. (If you haven't watched those, go do it now! They're great!!)

She's finding which way to go on her map. LOL

Pretty girl!

On the way, we walked past the street performers.

Here we are!!

Yay!!!

This pic is kinda dark, but we are inside the TOWER OF TERROR!! Bwahahahaha....awaiting our elevator to the twilight zone!!!

We got seated in the front row!!! So exciting! DH had NO IDEA our seats moved forward! LOL He thought it was just up and down. He was like "*** is going on?!" hahaha So far, DD was surprisingly okay!

And then, the door opened up, I was anticipating the drops the whole time!! LOL Once we started dropping, DD was just giggling so hard and loud!!! LOL She was flying up off her seat and I was frantically trying to hold her down with my one hand! hahahahaha

And in the ride pic, you can see DH holding her down with his hand, too! LMAO

My parents and Carter headed off in the other direction.

They went to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!!

Sometimes it doesn't matter what's going on around you, you just need a nap!

UP NEXT: Pixar Count Down to Fun Parade!! (R.I.P.)

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 04-21-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #120
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Disney Pixar Countdown to Fun Parade

It is a shame Disney got rid of this parade! We loved it so so so much!! The music is fun and catchy, the characters are GREAT...love all of them!!! I am glad we got to see it before it ended, though. R.I.P. Parade!!

I love how all the characters are doing the choreography, too!

The dancers costumes were so bright and pretty!

Hehehehe I love how fat he is!!

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" I love it!!!

I have never seen "Up", but this old man is so cute!!

haha She's really into it!!

NEXT UP: It's Fastpass Return Time!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 04-21-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: