Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #376
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Barry, I'd apologize for missing the last update, but since you've missed ALL of my December TR, I won't.
I haven't missed all of it. Just .... most ... of it. But don't feel bad, I've been missing everyone's TRs lately.

Quote:
Does Bambi have a 401 too? I think by the time Madison is old enough to get married and the way Disney keeps raising their prices you are going to need BOTH of your 401's to pay for it.
We already have a plan. It revolves around Madison marrying a rich guy. Actually, that's the entire plan.

Quote:
Wow...what a face you had with the Evil Stepmother. I would have stepped back mighty quick if I had seen that look.
Oh Kathy, I'd never give you that look.

Quote:
We've never eaten there and after your description, I'm not sure I want to.
For what its worth, we had a good experience there the other time we were there a few years back.

Quote:
I do love Ryder's new t-shirt though.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #377
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Wedding Day

Wedding day rolled around, meaning it was D-Day. We had a lot to coordinate - Bridesmaids, groomsmen, kids, babies, etc. And yes, I said we (well, Bambi). Let's just say organizational skills are not the bride's strong suit, so Bambi did a lot of the coordination for this day. But before the hecticness of the day set in, Evan, Ryder and I did get to sneak down to the Boardwalk Bakery and enjoy a nice breakfast by the water.

After breakfast, however, is when everything started to go into motion. While Bambi, the bride and the rest of the bridal party headed over to the Yacht Club's beauty salon to get their hair done, I took the kids to Downtown Disney where we were to meet the other flower girl so her and Madison could do the same. After a 45 minute bus ride stopping at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Typhoon Lagoon we finally made it to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.

They work it like a NASCAR pit crew down there - someone working on hair, someone else on nails, someone else on makeup. All that's missing was the smell of high octane racing fuel and the "weeeeeee, weeeeee" of pneumatic air guns changing tires.

What pit crews don't have, however, is Pixie Dust. (I think NASCAR banned that in the '80s)

The finished product:

About half way though Madison's appointment, Ryder started getting quite upset with all of the activity going on. Luckily, Bambi had finished up her hair appointment around this time and came to relieve me. The plan now called for me to take Evan and Ryder back to the room to start getting Evan ready for his role a ring bearer. Fortunately, the walk to the bus takes us right past the Team Mickey store.

I picked up a nice Mickey Golf Hat, which Evan gladly modeled while waiting in line at Earl of Sandwich.

We grabbed our sandwiches to go and ate them at the bus stop, waiting for our chariot back to the Boardwalk. Turns out, we could have eaten a 6 course meal while we watched busses for every other resort come and go. Finally, our bus pulled up and piled on. I had a sinking feeling that the Boardwalk would not be the first stop, and sure enough, we drove right past it to drop off at the Swan. I told Evan to grab his stuff and get off here. It would be quicker (and less stressful) to make the short walk over the bridge and into the back door of the Boardwalk. We made it back to the room to find that the girls, using Bambi's parent's car, had beaten us back to the room. Ugh.

At least the room was all pretty when we got there.

Knowing that the room would soon be filling up with an Olympic sized pool of estrogen, Evan and I decided to make like a tree, and get out of there. Actually, it was part of my agenda to get Evan all gussied up and take him, Ryder and the bride's son over to the groom's room at Port Orleans French Quarter, where we would meet up with the rest of the guys in the wedding party and get on a bus to the wedding pavilion. But we learned our lesson from the bus debacle from that morning - we went to the front of the Boardwalk and hopped in a cab. For $12, we made the trip in about 10 minutes. Win.

And no sooner had we left the room, did it become coloring central. Nails and activity sheets.

I guess these is some kind of standard wedding day picture or something.

Meanwhile, the boys and I arrived at Port Orleans and figured out how to work the cummerbund and suspenders on Evan's monkey suit. A few minutes later, a DCL bus showed up to whisk us over to the Grand Floridian for pictures.

And as one would expect, a 5 year old can only take so much smiling and posing. Luckily, the Grand Floridian had us covered.

Pictures done, we climbed back onto the DCL bus for the short drive over to the Wedding Pavilion.

And along the way, we found out that neckties make wonderful handholds.

The big moment finally arrived. And by that, I mean Madison and Evan's parts in the ceremony. After all, I'm writing this, not the bride and groom. If they want their story told, they can write their own Trip Report.

Now, if you had unsupervised access to one of the most exclusive spots on Disney property (without having to pay for it) what would you do? Yup, take pictures. Nice call.

After snapping our pictures - oh, and letting the Bride and Groom get a few too - we boarded the Disney Cruise Line/Wedding bus for the ride over to the Boardwalk. The reception was held in one of the ball rooms there. Pretty classy place, but I was disappointed with the lack of fiberglass cow on the roof. (Yes, the place where Bambi and I had our wedding reception had a fiberglass cow standing on the roof, guarding the entrance to the building. All the nice places in Wisconsin do.)

Luckily, Disney knows how to treat their most important guest. No, I'm not talking the couple that just dropped the equivalent of a small island nations GDP on a wedding. I'm talking about the kids. No waiting around complaining about being hungry. They had only beed in their seats a few minutes before they each had a plate of food sitting in front of them.

So instead it was me that got to sit around complaining about being hungry until our food arrived. Madison did share a french fry, which was nice.

The kids even got their own dessert - dirt cup cakes!

So with dinner and the toasts taken care of, there in only one thing left to do - get the DJ to crank the amps up to 11 so we could lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'till we died. Or until bedtime, whichever comes first.

Anybody else surprised that the Wisconsin kids are hanging around the bar? Yeah, me neither.

Ryder, being only 5 months old, was not shaking his groove thing quite as much as the other kids, but he was hanging out, enjoying the colored lights and thumping music.

The party doesn't necessarily get out of hand when the Rambo tie comes out, but it's on the right path.

We partied hard long into the night. Well, most of us did. Madison and Evan went home with Grandma & Grandpa around 10:30 and from what I understand, we crashed out and sleeping before they left Disney property. The official party wrapped up around midnight. Instead of joining the rest of the group continuing the celebration down at the Boardwalk, Bambi and Ryder and I headed back to the room. As Roger Murtaugh would say, "We're getting too old for that shi.....stuff." Too old for that stuff. Yup, that's what he would say.

Up Next: Back to the Magic Kingdom!
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #378
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
But before the hecticness of the day set in, Evan, Ryder and I did get to sneak down to the Boardwalk Bakery and enjoy a nice breakfast by the water.
On a day when the females are preparing for a wedding, I'd think having the guys sneak off at any chance that makes itself available would be a high priority.

Quote:
They work it like a NASCAR pit crew down there - someone working on hair, someone else on nails, someone else on makeup. All that's missing was the smell of high octane racing fuel and the "weeeeeee, weeeeee" of pneumatic air guns changing tires.
But just think how much more awesomer it would be if they did have air guns...

Quote:
What pit crews don't have, however, is Pixie Dust. (I think NASCAR banned that in the '80s)
Well, it was taking the paint off the cars... You ever been hit by a handful of pixie dust at 200 mph. It's like a sandblaster...

Quote:
Ryder started getting quite upset with all of the activity going on.
I'm sure you were too, but thankfully, you had Ryder along for the ride as a built in excuse. Well played.

Quote:
We made it back to the room to find that the girls, using Bambi's parent's car, had beaten us back to the room. Ugh.

Ain't that how it usually works?

Quote:
But we learned our lesson from the bus debacle from that morning - we went to the front of the Boardwalk and hopped in a cab. For $12, we made the trip in about 10 minutes. Win.
Wow... Barry learned from experience and adapted. Who knew...

Quote:
Now, if you had unsupervised access to one of the most exclusive spots on Disney property (without having to pay for it) what would you do?
The possibilities are endless...

Quote:
Yup, take pictures. Nice call.
Well, clearly you weren't exactly "unsupervised." Bambi was there.

Quote:
(Yes, the place where Bambi and I had our wedding reception had a fiberglass cow standing on the roof, guarding the entrance to the building. All the nice places in Wisconsin do.)
The only thing better would be if you rode the chicken limo to the reception.

Quote:
So instead it was me that got to sit around complaining about being hungry until our food arrived. Madison did share a french fry, which was nice.
So apparently she became the new favorite child for at least a few minutes.

Quote:
So with dinner and the toasts taken care of, there in only one thing left to do - get the DJ to crank the amps up to 11 so we could lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'till we died. Or until bedtime, whichever comes first.
If Tim wasn't there, then you didn't have a real DJ...

Quote:
The party doesn't necessarily get out of hand when the Rambo tie comes out, but it's on the right path.

Quote:
As Roger Murtaugh would say, "We're getting too old for that shi.....stuff." Too old for that stuff. Yup, that's what he would say.
Something like that... the sentiment is 100% accurate either way though.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #379
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #380
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The finished product:

Simply Beautiful

Quote:
Meanwhile, the boys and I arrived at Port Orleans and figured out how to work the cummerbund and suspenders on Evan's monkey suit. A few minutes later, a DCL bus showed up to whisk us over to the Grand Floridian for pictures.
What a handsome dude. I am such a sucker for a man in a tux...

Quote:
Now, if you had unsupervised access to one of the most exclusive spots on Disney property (without having to pay for it) what would you do? Yup, take pictures. Nice call.

Awww you all look great. You clean up well!

Sounds like a wonderful time was had. How special a Disney Wedding. Mission accomplished - the reason for the trip. Now on to more fun...
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #381
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
But before the hecticness of the day set in, Evan, Ryder and I did get to sneak down to the Boardwalk Bakery and enjoy a nice breakfast by the water.
Ryder was not impressed. Hey, it still works!

Quote:
After a 45 minute bus ride stopping at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Typhoon Lagoon we finally made it to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
They couldn't throw in a stop at Universal or Sea World while they were at it?

Quote:
Now that would make it more interesting.

Quote:
You sure? How exactly did Jimmie Johnson win 6 titles in a row?

Quote:
The plan now called for me to take Evan and Ryder back to the room to start getting Evan ready for his role a ring bearer. Fortunately, the walk to the bus takes us right past the Team Mickey store.
Which is more fun than weddings. Just sayin'.

Quote:
We made it back to the room to find that the girls, using Bambi's parent's car, had beaten us back to the room. Ugh.

Quote:
Knowing that the room would soon be filling up with an Olympic sized pool of estrogen, Evan and I decided to make like a tree, and get out of there.
Good call. And Back to the Future.

Quote:
The big moment finally arrived. And by that, I mean Madison and Evan's parts in the ceremony. After all, I'm writing this, not the bride and groom. If they want their story told, they can write their own Trip Report.
Darn right. This is the only part we care about, anyway.

Quote:
Now, if you had unsupervised access to one of the most exclusive spots on Disney property (without having to pay for it) what would you do?
Mark my territory.

Quote:
Yup, take pictures. Nice call.
Oh. Um...yeah, that too.

Quote:
Pretty classy place, but I was disappointed with the lack of fiberglass cow on the roof. (Yes, the place where Bambi and I had our wedding reception had a fiberglass cow standing on the roof, guarding the entrance to the building. All the nice places in Wisconsin do.)
You didn't have one at home that you could have brought with you?

Quote:
Still, it's a standard complaint at weddings, and the kids weren't complaining too. So it's still an improvement.

Quote:
Anybody else surprised that the Wisconsin kids are hanging around the bar? Yeah, me neither.

Quote:
As Roger Murtaugh would say, "We're getting too old for that shi.....stuff." Too old for that stuff. Yup, that's what he would say.
As would you and I.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #382
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You sure? How exactly did Jimmie Johnson win 6 titles in a row?
It was only 5... don't give that no-talent clown more credit than he deserves.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #383
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Wedding day rolled around, meaning it was D-Day.
“Blessent mon cœur d'une langeur monotone”

Quote:
We had a lot to coordinate - Bridesmaids, groomsmen, kids, babies, etc. And yes, I said we
Really? Just doesn’t sound like you…

Quote:
(well, Bambi).
Oh… that make more sense.

Quote:
After a 45 minute bus ride stopping at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Typhoon Lagoon we finally made it to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
That area has just about the worst bus routes down there.
I learned that the hard way myself.

Quote:

Quote:
What pit crews don't have, however, is Pixie Dust.
They just wish they did…

Quote:
The finished product:

Charming as ever.

Quote:
The plan now called for me to take Evan and Ryder back to the room to start getting Evan ready for his role a ring bearer. Fortunately, the walk to the bus takes us right past the Team Mickey store.
Highlight of the day?
Certainly a good diversion.

Quote:
Finally, our bus pulled up and piled on. I had a sinking feeling that the Boardwalk would not be the first stop, and sure enough, we drove right past it to drop off at the Swan.
Ouch…

Quote:
I told Evan to grab his stuff and get off here.
Good save!

Quote:
Well… good attempted save anyway.
But you did have time to stop for lunch and a new golf hat.

Quote:
Knowing that the room would soon be filling up with an Olympic sized pool of estrogen, Evan and I decided to make like a tree, and get out of there.
I’d run too.
Just watch out for that manure truck as you make you’re get-a-way.

Quote:
But we learned our lesson from the bus debacle from that morning - we went to the front of the Boardwalk and hopped in a cab. For $12, we made the trip in about 10 minutes. Win.
He can be taught!

Quote:
A few minutes later, a DCL bus showed up to whisk us over to the Grand Floridian for pictures.

Cleans up rather well don’t he?

Quote:
The big moment finally arrived. And by that, I mean Madison and Evan's parts in the ceremony.
Goes without sayin’

Quote:
Check for a pulse…
And don’t be too quick to walk toward that bright light either.

Quote:
Yup, take pictures.

Oh… so that can actually happen in this life.
I thought certain you were joshin’ us.

Quote:

Nice shot. You can see the personalities in the kids shine through all those high falutin’ get ups.
Well, except for Ryder. He’s still holding his opinions close to the vest.

Quote:
Pretty classy place, but I was disappointed with the lack of fiberglass cow on the roof.
Well, it is Disney and not The Dells…
There’s just some things that even a good Imagineer can’t effectively recreate.

Quote:
Luckily, Disney knows how to treat their most important guest. No, I'm not talking the couple that just dropped the equivalent of a small island nations GDP on a wedding.

Quote:
I'm talking about the kids.
They’re no fools.

Quote:
So instead it was me that got to sit around complaining about being hungry until our food arrived.
As it should be…

Quote:
Madison did share a french fry, which was nice.
And all was right with the world…

Quote:
Stating them off early…
Explains the ease with which they can be convinced to wear a “Cheese Head” in public.

Quote:

You can put the boy into the monkey suite
But you can’t take the monkey-shines out of the boy.

Quote:
The official party wrapped up around midnight. Instead of joining the rest of the group continuing the celebration down at the Boardwalk, Bambi and Ryder and I headed back to the room. As Roger Murtaugh would say, "We're getting too old for that shi.....stuff."
Getting? I’m long past being too old for that “stuff”
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #384
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Whoever wants to marry me needs to be able to afford a Disney wedding. Luvin the pics. Looks like a fun day
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #385
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Barry. Your kids clean up good...must get that from their mommy!

Seriously, you all look beautiful, and what a wonderful place to have a wedding.

RIP Genie
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #386
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Just got home from a trip with a 3yr old and our own 5 month old! I have to say, the 5 month old was MUCH easier...The 3 yr olds tantrums drove me to

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: