Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
shinez
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then you are lucky enough!

Location: Maine! Just a hop skip and a jump from the coast...

Wilderness Lodge Room Request Help! Courtyard View...

Hi All!!
I am headed to uncharted territory for myself...across Bay Lake from the Poly to the WILD Wilderness Lodge!
So, we booked a 'courtyard view' which is piglatin to me... I heard rumors of requests so that you might get a chance to see Wishes or the electrical parade.. we are traveling with a toddler, who needs to nap, so need to be away from some noise level... any and all help and suggestions MOST welcome!!! Thanks in advance!

Wilderness Lodge - April 2013!
Back to the Polynesian- Feb 2012!

Disney Cruise- Magic- Feb. 2010
Surprise 40th B-day trip sans kids- Dolphin- Oct. 2009
Polynesian- Nov. 2008 Polynesian-March 2006Polynesian-March 2003 Polynesian-Feb 2002
Hop skip and a jump over to Disneyland-Paris on Honeymoon- June 1995
Polynesian- March 1994Polynesian- March 1993 Off-site- College Spring Break 1989 & 1988
1st
Disney Vaca with Family at the Sharaton Lakeside Motel April 1977

shinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinez View Post
Hi All!!
I am headed to uncharted territory for myself...across Bay Lake from the Poly to the WILD Wilderness Lodge!
So, we booked a 'courtyard view' which is piglatin to me... I heard rumors of requests so that you might get a chance to see Wishes or the electrical parade.. we are traveling with a toddler, who needs to nap, so need to be away from some noise level... any and all help and suggestions MOST welcome!!! Thanks in advance!
Your best chance for a view of Wishes would actually be a Woods View...and that could be a better place for quiet too.

Depending on which courtyard view you get, it can be loud. The courtyard view overlooking the pool will have a decent view of the EWP but over the pool and all associated activities.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
shinez

OH NO! I am getting all freaked out because I've never stayed here before, need all you WL experts to tell me the ins and outs and musts!! Where oh where do we ask to stay for a little bit of quiet that isn't a haul from the center of things? We are 'courtyard view' by default- nothing else is available... THANK YOU!!

Polynesian- Nov. 2008 Polynesian-March 2006Polynesian-March 2003 Polynesian-Feb 2002
Polynesian- March 1994Polynesian- March 1993 Off-site- College Spring Break 1989 & 1988
1st

Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quiet at WL

Five years ago my wife and I stayed at WL for an anniversary celebration. We booked a standard room but had the Disney Magic of an unexpected upgrade to Courtyard view. At check in, I simply asked for a quiet room, and we got the Courtyard. It was wonderful, and it was indeed quiet. I have heard that rooms opening onto the lobby can get loud, particularly at night, with sounds coming out of Whispering Canyons restaurant. We could, indeed, see the electrical water pageant from our balcony. I absolutely love WL, and even though we'll be staying at POR this May, we'll definitely make a trip to the lodge to enjoy it's ambiance for a few hours.
SkywayGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Take a look at a WL photo taken from Bay Lake as opposed to the front of the resort. The beauty you see is the inner courtyard. I would suggest adding "view of Silver Springs" a.k.a. The waterfall and you'll be away from the pool and awaken every morning by the sound of the waterfall. This also may be soothing as your little one naps.. With an inner courtyard view you would be able to see EWP. (You can see some of wishes from some woods view rooms)

A court view could also get you a view on the Villas side of the WL. Very quiet there.

Most importantly, any questions you could ever think of are answered here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

It is a fabulous thread by the infamous WDWKook.

Enjoy!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinez View Post
Hi All!!
WL is like a horseshoe. The inside of the horseshoe is were the feature pool is located. It can get quite noisey during the day. Besides the regular swimmers, there are lots of games/activities for kids. If you want this view, ask to overlook the feature pool.

Another "pool view" room may overlook the pool between the lodge and villa's. No lifeguards or games. So this view is much quieter. If you want this, ask to overlook the villa's pool.

A Woods view room can overlook several places, depending on the wing. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking a small pond. It was quite pretty watching the natural wildlife. We could also see part of the MK fireworks (obstructed by trees). Our room was very quiet.

The only rooms were you have a good view of the water parade are the rooms at the very end of the "horeshoe". I'm pretty sure these are the deluxe rooms. (Mini suites)

Enjoy! WL is a beautiful resort and a great choice for little ones. You are never very far from anything in the lodge.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
shinez

OMG! You guys are sooo awesome!! I am so used to requesting longhouses, this all in one package is foreign to me! Lastly, what floor would be best? Too high, too low, to noisey? Thoughts??

1st

Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
JerilynPearl
Earning My Ears

I wouldn't worry too much, in general WL is much smaller and quieter than most WDW resorts. Unlike some of the monorail resorts WL is not a transportation hub, and there are fewer visitors stopping by, thus IMO it is very kid friendly and quiet. I've stayed there multiple times, courtyard/woods view/concierge level/villas... They are all the same. There are just two things I suggest:
1) Stay away from ground level, especially with a toddler, unless you don't mind him or her running into the bushes. Plus you can hear the grounds crew doing their thing.
2) Request a room that is not near the stairway, this is the only time I was irritated by noise. I'm a light sleeper, it was not voices and footsteps but the slamming door that got to me.

It's a small resort packed with plenty of theming, I think you'll enjoy it. Once you get off the boat or bus you'll feel a sense of calm and you should sleep just fine!

JerilynPearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: