DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

AKL 2-bedroom savanna view over thanksgiving 2013..... What are my chances?

I was thinking about switching my boardwalk ressie to a savannah view 2-bdrm tues- fri of thanksgiving week. I know t-day is a challenge, but what are the chances at the 7 month mark?

Feel free to argue yes, no, maybe, or for giving me false hope!
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

At 7 months out for that Thanksgiving time period in 2012, you could have gotten a 2BR savanna view at Kidani but not Jambo.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

AKL surprisingly seems to always have availability. Maybe cause its not near a resort I'm guessing?

And yes Kidani is usually available more over Jambo, I would definitely agree with that.

I think it's possible. I don't think that's false hope at all

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
AKL surprisingly seems to always have availability.
What I have found tracking the 7 month window is that the only time of year when there is some risk of not being able to get AKV savanna view at 7 months out is the first week of December, DVC's highest demand week of the year, and even then you should be able to get it, although with some chance of needing to waitlist for one or two of the days in the week.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba

What I have found tracking the 7 month window is that the only time of year when there is some risk of not being able to get AKV savanna view at 7 months out is the first week of December, DVC's highest demand week of the year, and even then you should be able to get it, although with some chance of needing to waitlist for one or two of the days in the week.
So....... Purely speculating....... The tues, wed, thurs of t-day week has a decent shot the morning of 7 months mark?.... In your past experience?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We own at AKV and I have noticed recently that it is getting busier. We did some resort swapping at 7 months which meant I wanted to change my Kidani 2bedRm Savannah view dates and it wasn't possible about 36 hours after 7 months. I think it is getting busier, maybe as it is getting closer to being sold out and there are less contracts offered for resale than there were a year ago.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We own at AKV and I have noticed recently that it is getting busier. We did some resort swapping at 7 months which meant I wanted to change my Kidani 2bedRm Savannah view dates and it wasn't possible about 36 hours after 7 months. I think it is getting busier, maybe as it is getting closer to being sold out and there are less contracts offered for resale than there were a year ago.
Good perspective. Has anyone had any luck with akl during thanksgiving at 7 months?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amypetecar View Post
I was thinking about switching my boardwalk ressie to a savannah view 2-bdrm tues- fri of thanksgiving week. I know t-day is a challenge, but what are the chances at the 7 month mark?

Feel free to argue yes, no, maybe, or for giving me false hope!
I think you have a decent chance for Savannah View right at 7 months. A couple of years ago I tried to switch a Thanksgiving week reservation (Sun-Fri) to AKV right at 7 months. I wanted a 2BR standard view and could not get the last two nights, however I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a 2BR Savannah View if I had wanted to use that many points. I would call first thing when your window opens, though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
staceymay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

So ive been checking veterans day weekend as a litmus test for thanksgiving week availability. So far, jambo, beach, wilderness, boardwalk, and blt all have partial availability...

Kidani is available (as is okw and ssr)..... So is it reasonable to hope that since veterans week is available at 7 months for kidani.... That thanksgiving week will be too?

I know its a bit of a stretch, but i know some of you experts are pretty familiar with kidani availability out there. Plus it helps me kill the 2 weeks until i can search it on my own

Someone help!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amypetecar View Post
So ive been checking veterans day weekend as a litmus test for thanksgiving week availability. So far, jambo, beach, wilderness, boardwalk, and blt all have partial availability...

Kidani is available (as is okw and ssr)..... So is it reasonable to hope that since veterans week is available at 7 months for kidani.... That thanksgiving week will be too?

I know its a bit of a stretch, but i know some of you experts are pretty familiar with kidani availability out there. Plus it helps me kill the 2 weeks until i can search it on my own

Someone help!
Interesting. I'm planning a Veteran's Day weekend trip if my contract doesn't get taken by Disney in the next week or two. I probably won't be able to book until the end of May. It's good to know there is something available but I know by May that could change. Good luck with Thanksgiving!

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

So tomorrow is my 7 month mark. For those of you in a similar position, in general, the wednesday and thursday are VERY challenging to book at every resort except SSR for thanksgiving week.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #12
Firepath
Mouseketeer

Good luck! Hope you get it!
Firepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Well?????
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Really??? I had no idea. Why do you think that is? Just cause it's after Thanksgiving and points are "cheaper" to stay during Christmas season? We go either that week or the second week for that reason. LOL

And yes.... Well??? Any news? Did you get it? I hope you did.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Really??? I had no idea. Why do you think that is? Just cause it's after Thanksgiving and points are "cheaper" to stay during Christmas season? We go either that week or the second week for that reason. LOL

And yes.... Well??? Any news? Did you get it? I hope you did.
Lots of members like to be there for the Christmas parade taping. Plus the annual meeting occurs in early December. Low points. Holiday decor and events. Low crowds.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: