Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #316
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Awww....I'm so sad your trip is over!! I had such a great time reading your TR and felt like I was along for the ride - great fun! So sorry to hear you and Bean got sick after you got back home and that PumpkinGirl was feeling worse Hope you are all on the road to recovery!

Loved the panoramic shots and the Christmas shot in Disneyland - it really does depict a Disney Christmas esp with the red and green balloons! Thanks for sharing your journey!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #317
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I felt a pang of sadness as your trip wrapped up too!

Wonderful TR and cant wait to read your final thoughts!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #318
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great safari pics.
Raifiki is fun to do once in a while.
I love getting a car to myself on Dinosaur. Makes it more special. LOL
ROTF with the dino pic squatting.
I will pass that on to Bean, she had a lot of fun trying to capture them all.

Rafiki was a pretty good “okay, we’ve done that now” one for me. The only reason I can see going back is if Bean gets a wild hair to do so. But we have a LOT more interactive animal offerings here in Oregon and although the conservation aspect is important, there’s just not that much to it

Getting a car to ourselves was a first for us, it was pretty cool – like we were off on a solo expedition back in time

Yeah, that dino squatting pic was one of those that I only noticed when I was editing pictures

Quote:
I would have jumped off of EE with the cheerleaders.
I want a pic with Chip. That is really nice.
I just posted that we had the Cowboy scene on GMR. Nice pics you got.
Sounds like you all had great times.
I love the panoramic pics.
It was a very loud queue and an even louder ride. We just laughed and laughed on the ride while they screamed.

I had never seen characters in Frontierland so having them there was so unique and PumpkinGirl loved getting her pic with them

You got the cowboy scene! Whoohoo – very cool! We haven’t gotten it since 2008. Gotta get back over to your TR!

It was a lot of fun. And I do love those panoramas, I’m slowly getting better on perspective so I know where to stand to get better ones. If you ever want hi-res versions of them send me a message and I’ll post a link to download.

Quote:
1900 is fun. Love all the characters that come out.
We saw Peter Pan also, what a great surprise it is when it happens.
Splash looked like fun. It was closed when we just went. :O(
POTC is my favorite ride. Great pics.
I have never seen Tiana there.
We had a good time at 1900, it was a fun way to start that last day.

Score on getting to see Peter Pan too – he did such a great job with the girls.

Oh, sorry you missed Splash – I didn’t even hear about the refurb of it until we got back home and I saw it on a TR. The only thing that we missed out on was TT at EPCOT, pretty much everything else was running.

PoTC is the best – just a classic. What MK’s version loses in not having the bayou or the drops they make up with at great theming of their ride queue

We saw Tiana and her prince at DLR in ’09 but that was a first catching her at MK.

Quote:
Nice pics in HM. Mine are always blurs.
DTD is fun but it can get so crowded there.
Too bad you both got sick at home but better than Disney.
Great report and really nice pics.
99% of my HM pics are blurs also – dark ride + moving car = fuzzy blobs in general.

It was pretty crowded when we got down to DTD. I think we’ve been down there once when it wasn’t crowded.

Agreed, much better to be sick at home AFTER the trip!

Thank you Scott, thank you for your great comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Awww....I'm so sad your trip is over!! I had such a great time reading your TR and felt like I was along for the ride - great fun! So sorry to hear you and Bean got sick after you got back home and that PumpkinGirl was feeling worse Hope you are all on the road to recovery!

Loved the panoramic shots and the Christmas shot in Disneyland - it really does depict a Disney Christmas esp with the red and green balloons! Thanks for sharing your journey!
Yeah, it had to end at some point *sigh* I so glad you enjoyed reading it. Yeah, it was a rough December with the sickies but we got past it and everyone was well by Christmas …except me. I actually ended up in urgent care with an ear infection on Christmas day I think I finally kicked it by New Year’s though

Thank you on those panoramas – I was so happy to be able to catch that Disney Christmas feel there. Loved those balloons!

You’re very welcome and thank you again for reading and commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I felt a pang of sadness as your trip wrapped up too!

Wonderful TR and cant wait to read your final thoughts!
Yes, but closing the book on one Disney trip always triggers thoughts of the next one, right! Thank you for reading and final thoughts are coming up next!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #319
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts Part 1

Hello All,

Sorry it has taken a bit to get back over here and post those final thoughts. You know the deal all that RL stuff gets in the way.

I took the finished product of the TR and copied it into a series of local webpages so I could put them on an USB stick and show them to MiL at her assisted living apartment. It has been great in that Ive been able to go back over the whole trip and keep it fresh in my mind.

Before I get into my thoughts I want to handle the requests from my dedicated TR readers:

Swag:

No, I didnt get any pictures of the swag it was honestly not very Christmassy anyways. Both girls pretty much focused on Anime/Manga stuff from the Japan pavilion. Other than that PumpkinGirl got a few pins and some earrings. Bean picked up a LOT of Stitch pins, the Stitch stuffy, and her dragons - which are showcased in the window pic towards the end of the TR. Roxy had picked up several items on our trip the year before so she didnt do any real shopping for herself, nothing really called out to her. I focused on random pins plus one Mickey Head Pirate Shirt, which I did find a small logo image of on Google shopping:

Bean Stitch Pic:

The next request was for the picture Bean drew of Stitch on the way back home:

She used one of her pins as the reference and I think she did a great job!

On with those Thoughts:

First off: Disney during the Holidays WOW!

It was pretty amazing and so very magical. From the decorations to the special events to the general feel Disney does a fantastic job of representing the holiday season. And I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the job that Universal did for their park. The difference between the two is that in 3 days I feel like I experienced everything that Universal had to offer in their parks for the season. But with our 5 days at Disney I feel like we barely scratched the surface!

For Resorts:

- We only checked out the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian, and the Yacht Club, along with our home resort POP and Art of Animation so LOTS more to see on that end.

For Events:

- We did MVMCP but as you read it wasnt the best experience so well certainly have to give that another go with a sleep in/restful resort day beforehand.
- We decided not to do the Candlelight Processional, which the girls didnt care about but I know it is something Roxy and I will see sometime down the road.
- Holidays Around the World in WS was very cool and is worth the time if you havent done it yet.
- The Osborne Lights were amazing and I know well want to experience that one again and again.
- Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade didnt do it and nobody in the family seems to have missed it. I think Im the only one in the family who is truly into parades.
- The Festival of the Seasons at DTD just seemed to make the place more crowded the decorations were nice though
- I would also like to do the Carriage/Sleigh Ride through Fort Wilderness
- Im sure theres more but thats what I know of as a novice holiday DISer
- As an honorable mention I do think you should check out the Macys Holiday Parade at Universal and Grinchmas at Islands if you have the opportunity

Okay, I think that covers the Holiday-specific content other than answering the question would you want to come back and do it again at this time of year?

- That would be a BIG YES for me! The timeframe coming in at the end of November and staying through that first week of December was just perfect event/weather/crowd-wise. The weather was just fantastic, sticking between 75-80 degrees with basically zero precipitation and very low humidity. Crowds topped out around a 5 out of 10 (with the exception of DTD) and most times it was lower than a 5. I could see doing the exact same trip on the same days, except stretching it out a few more days

Best Moments of the trip:

- The Peter Pan and Aladdin/Jasmine interactions with the girls
- All of the SMILES!!!!
- Christmas lights on everything
- The girls and I being called out to participate in the Singing Ladies in Red routine in the Italy pavilion
- Bean doing the big aaaaahahahaaa! pose under Ursula at AoA
- The girls handling so much of the camera duties and doing such a GREAT JOB with it!
- Bean finally getting to ride the Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Getting the then and now shots of the girls at different spots at WDW/US
- PumpkinGirl finally meeting Mulan
- Snow on Main Street and the Streets of America
- Panoramas!
- Dinner at Le Cellier
- All of the great family PP pics!
- Walking through EPCOT for our Akershus reservation and feeling like we had the whole park to ourselves
- Bean going Stitch-crazy
- PumpkinGirls great interactions with the Princesses at Akershus
- The Norway Christmas Story
- Getting to spend quality one-on-one time with both of my daughters
- The girls finally getting to experience WWoHP
- Getting so completely soaked with my girls in Toon Lagoon
- The girls mostly getting along
- Characters, Characters, Characters!
- PumpkinGirl finally getting to ride Minion Mayhem
- PumpkinGirl and Roxy bonding over their enjoyment of The Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue
- Scaring the Whos with our Grinch shirts in Seuss Landing
- Bean being able to make up for her sick day by having such a good time at AK on our Daddy/Daughter day
- MaW moment at the Merida character meet

Worst Moments of the Trip:

- Roxy and PumpkinGirl suffering with head colds the whole trip and Bean getting sick on our AK/MVMCP day
- Not getting a date night with Roxy
- Missing Wishes and the parades during MVMCP
- WWoHP not having the Dancers/Acrobats/Singers anymore (other than for static posed shots)
- Realizing that I cant walk 30 miles through 8 straight days of theme-parking anymore without my feet basically saying stop or I wont carry you anymore
- Not a worst moment, just a regret &not pushing the No Muggles button on the elevator in Hogwarts
- Another regret not being able to do any DISmeets

As you can see the Best far outweighed the Worst so big YAY for that!!!!!

E Ticket Family Ride Stats:

- ToT 4 times
- RnRC 3 times
- Soarin 1 time
- HM 4 times
- PoTC 3 times
- BTMRR 2 times
- Splash 2 times
- EE 6 times
- Dinosaur 5 times

I can tell you that being a west-coaster, specifically coming from the northwest, makes any journey to WDW an involved one. Just the cost of flying 4 people coast to coast and coupling it with the 14+hrs involved in getting there or back makes one really think about making the trip. But even with the hiccups and roadblocks we always come away with more than enough new magical memories to make it worthwhile.

Im so happy that we decided to go when we did in the girls life. They were truly able to enjoy the parks with a bit of that kid-like wonder that they had when they were younger. By the time we do our next family trip (which will be to DLR) PumpkinGirl will be in college and Bean will be a sophomore in HS. By the time we make it back to WDW they will both be adults and who knows if they will even want to/be able to go. No matter what the future holds well be able to look back on this amazing trip and smile.

For specifics in our future here is my off the cuff thoughts:

2013 camping/pirate festivals
2014 PumpkinGirls HS Grad/Roxy & My 20th Wedding Anniversary/trip to San Fran
2015 DLR Trip
2016 camping/pirate festivals
2017 Beans HS Grad
2018 camping/pirate festivals
2019 Roxy & My 25th Wedding Anniversary/Disney Alaskan Cruise

Well see how it all comes together, but you see that currently our next shot at WDW isnt even on the radar. Sad but true.

Now as the last part of my final thoughts I usually do a top 10 (or so) favorite pictures from the trip in no particular order. This is a REALLY TOUGH ONE given that I have over 2,700 pictures in this TR. Sooooo, Im going to cheat. Im posting my top 20 non-family pics in this post and will immediately do a separate post of my top 25 of family-related pics!

TOP 20 PARK/CHARACTER PICS:

Tree and Balloons

Looking back towards the Hub at DHS from ToT

Big finale of IJSS

Merida's expression while talking to PumpkinGirl

Catching the air cannon going off during Harbor Attack on the Backlot Tour

EPCOT is Ours!

Toon Lagoon at Night

Castle at Night

PumpkinGirl's capture of Drac jumping during the Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue

Osborne Lights

Indy and Marian falling from the rooftop during IJSS

Shot of Universals Nighttime Spectacular

Macys Tree at Universal

Main Street hub

Jack Sparrow saying Only you ..Can Be a Pirate!

Rivers of America

DHS Tree and ToT

Castle and Carousel

SE from the Japan Pavilion

Tomorrowland Terrace

Next up the Top 25 Family Pics and I wrap this thing up!

Click here for the Final Chapter:
Final Thoughts Part 2
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 03-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #320
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts Part 2

TOP 25 FAMILY PICS:

Roxy's Smile

Fam on Streets of America at DHS

Bean hamming it up with Ursula at AoA

MVMCP Snow on Main Street Shot

Bellhop Photobomb at elevators in ToT

Ariel discovering that Ursula has stolen PumpkinGirls voice!

Grinches with Santa Grinch

Cotton Candy!

The fam with Mickey and Minnie

Osborne Lights Pic

MVMCP Castle Shot

Ladies in front of Hogsmeade Village

Soaked at Toon Lagoon

Bean and I with Gru

PumpkinGirl with Mulan

Bean and I blowing a raspberry on RnRC

Bean and I going whaaaaat? on Dinosaur

Tigger about to surprise Bean

Girls with Snow White at Akershus

Bean kicking back and talking to Pan

PumpkinGirl doing the same

The fam at 1900

Girls with Aladdin & Jasmine

Roxy giving a smooch

Bean sipping yet another Shirley Temple on the trip home

There were MANY more but I had to stop myself from just re-posting the whole TRs worth of pictures.

I hope you have all enjoyed sharing our magical journey. Thank you for all who have posted and also to those who have silently read along. I appreciate all of the good Disney mojo that comes from making a TR and how it keeps the magic going long after we have pulled into our driveway from our Disney adventure!

Cheers and have a Disneytastic Day!

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 03-28-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #321
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Favorite part of your wrap up.... It goes to Best Moments with "All the smiles" I really loved your TR, it was well written and organized so well! A novice TRer like myself can learn a lot I really enjoyed it though Hopefully I get to read another sooner than later!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #322
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Thank you for sharing your trip report with us.

Wonderfully done as usual.

Thanks for giving a summary of the swag. Us girls like details

Please tell Bean her stitch is awesome. She did a great job

Love all the pics you picked. Such great scenery pics and all the smiles of the girls and Roxy are great. You can tell you all had such a wonderful time minus sickies

Looks like a lot of great plans you have for the future. Sure you all will find your way back to WDW in the future

You went the perfect time of the year for sure.

Thanks again for sharing your adventure with all of us
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #323
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

LOOVEEEEEE the wrap up.. You seriously have some wonderful pictures to look back on.. I love the girls with Peter Pan and the one with Tigger sneaking up... I would love to go at Christmas again one day!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #324
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ok... usually I make short notes for myself on my phone so I remember my thoughts... I forgot and just read... let's see how it goes...

First before I forget... That "Old" Shrek was really scary...(I would have had my eyes screwed shut as well) The whole movie would have been a whole different ball game with that ogre... I could believe he would eat people...

Really, really nice interactions on your MK day... that Pooh at Park Fare was actually pretty playful...Aladin & Jasmine seemed spot on... It's very cute but that Peter was just a little smidgen flirty with your girls... which I think was both cute and accurate... it's in the character in the animated film but even more so if you ever watch the live action from 2003...(very good btw... Jason Isaacs who was Lucius Malfoy in HP is Captain Hook)... also great Merida interactions... I really liked her too... she was really in character and had awesome personality...

I'm a huge fan of the PoTC & Big Thunder MRR... they're both just such Disney Classics... I'm sorry about your HM experience ... stopping in there would really kill the mojo... (the worst place I can think about having problems though would be Splash... getting stopped right before you go up that last conveyor belt before the drop... - I have a serious love/hate relationship with Splash)

Liberty Tree Tavern... I love the atmosphere in there... 9I was sad when they stopped the characters at Dinner... they had the cutest colonial costumes... nothing else like them on property)

DTD... some great stores and I'm glad that Bean scored her Stitch print... it can get crazy crowded there at night... & for some strange reason, I tend to "feel" the crowds there more than in the parks... I'd love to go there during the day sometime and just be able to walk around in a more leisurely way...

Ahhh... Going home day... sigh... I'm starting to just believe there is no good or easy way to travel via plane... it's too bad you can't just use some floo powder like Harry Potter or pixie dust and just be home... It was great that you got the lounge use... smart thinking...

Sorry to hear about you and Bean getting sick and Pumpkin Girl getting worse... In families, sometimes you can watch the illness go through person by person... and it's almost inevitable ... combined with the fact that I feel that this was just an extra awful winter for illness...it doesn't make it easier but if you wanted company... this was the winter to catch something...

I love your wrap up ideas... so much in fact... that I may steal some of them... (Just remember imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #325
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Favorite part of your wrap up.... It goes to Best Moments with "All the smiles" I really loved your TR, it was well written and organized so well! A novice TRer like myself can learn a lot I really enjoyed it though Hopefully I get to read another sooner than later!
I so agree - seeing all of those smiles while going back through the trip was the best

Thank you so very much for the nice comments on my TR writing, I've learned from the best here on DISboards!

One day I'll be back with another one, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Thank you for sharing your trip report with us.

Wonderfully done as usual.

Thanks for giving a summary of the swag. Us girls like details

Please tell Bean her stitch is awesome. She did a great job

Love all the pics you picked. Such great scenery pics and all the smiles of the girls and Roxy are great. You can tell you all had such a wonderful time minus sickies
Well thank you for being my most diligent poster!

No problem on the swag, most of the Anime stuff the girls picked up were manga books and small posters and such so not photogenic and not much Disney stuff. PumpkinGirl did pick up a very cute pair of Minion PJ's (Despicable Me).

I'll pass on the Stitch compliment to Bean

Thank you on the pics, so hard to choose with so many great moments and scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Looks like a lot of great plans you have for the future. Sure you all will find your way back to WDW in the future

You went the perfect time of the year for sure.

Thanks again for sharing your adventure with all of us
Yes, we'll have some busy summers for years to come! We'll get back there somehow.

Yup, no complaints about the timeframe in which we went!

You're very welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
LOOVEEEEEE the wrap up.. You seriously have some wonderful pictures to look back on.. I love the girls with Peter Pan and the one with Tigger sneaking up... I would love to go at Christmas again one day!
Thank you! I have been re-reading my Final Thoughts just to re-experience the fun and go back over those pictures. Some classics for sure!

Thank you for reading along and I know you'll make it there yourself some day soon
Old 03-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #326
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ok... usually I make short notes for myself on my phone so I remember my thoughts... I forgot and just read... let's see how it goes...

First before I forget... That "Old" Shrek was really scary...(I would have had my eyes screwed shut as well) The whole movie would have been a whole different ball game with that ogre... I could believe he would eat people...

Really, really nice interactions on your MK day... that Pooh at Park Fare was actually pretty playful...Aladin & Jasmine seemed spot on... It's very cute but that Peter was just a little smidgen flirty with your girls... which I think was both cute and accurate... it's in the character in the animated film but even more so if you ever watch the live action from 2003...(very good btw... Jason Isaacs who was Lucius Malfoy in HP is Captain Hook)... also great Merida interactions... I really liked her too... she was really in character and had awesome personality...

I'm a huge fan of the PoTC & Big Thunder MRR... they're both just such Disney Classics... I'm sorry about your HM experience ... stopping in there would really kill the mojo... (the worst place I can think about having problems though would be Splash... getting stopped right before you go up that last conveyor belt before the drop... - I have a serious love/hate relationship with Splash)

Liberty Tree Tavern... I love the atmosphere in there... 9I was sad when they stopped the characters at Dinner... they had the cutest colonial costumes... nothing else like them on property)

DTD... some great stores and I'm glad that Bean scored her Stitch print... it can get crazy crowded there at night... & for some strange reason, I tend to "feel" the crowds there more than in the parks... I'd love to go there during the day sometime and just be able to walk around in a more leisurely way...

Ahhh... Going home day... sigh... I'm starting to just believe there is no good or easy way to travel via plane... it's too bad you can't just use some floo powder like Harry Potter or pixie dust and just be home... It was great that you got the lounge use... smart thinking...

Sorry to hear about you and Bean getting sick and Pumpkin Girl getting worse... In families, sometimes you can watch the illness go through person by person... and it's almost inevitable ... combined with the fact that I feel that this was just an extra awful winter for illness...it doesn't make it easier but if you wanted company... this was the winter to catch something...

I love your wrap up ideas... so much in fact... that I may steal some of them... (Just remember imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
Hey Patricia!

That old Shrek was freaky for sure; it is amazing that someone thought it was a good idea to put him out there with small children

The character interactions on that last MK day were just golden – the epitome of what any Disney fan would want. Yes, Pan was just the right amount of casual flirty with them. I LOVE the live action Pan movie and watch it around once a year. The casting was superb all the way around but Issacs was a fantastic Hook!

Merida was great, so spot on for the character – really brought her to life.

PoTC and BTMRR were so fun, love them both. And we weren’t annoyed by being stuck in HM; it would have been cooler if the hitchhiking ghost had stuck around though. I bet the old ones would have ;-] It would be creepy to be stuck on the conveyor on Splash – my instinct would be to get out and walk up to the drop – lol

I remember waaaayyyy back in 1976 at DLR seeing the characters in colonial garb. It would have been very cool to have seen them at Liberty Tree. As close as the quarters are in that place I imagine it would have been very challenging for them to move around! Still my favorite place to eat at MK.

I agree on “feeling” the crowds at DTD at night. I think it is because there is just basically the central sidewalk with no hub pathways to escape down. Much too linear. Good idea going there during the day. It was very cool that Bean landed the Stitch print, she is very proud of it

Some floo powder would have been very nice as far as traveling! Those flights are just a killer. The lounge use did soften the blow quite a bit!

You’re right in that it was an awful winter for illness. I don’t know anyone who didn’t get sick at least once and quite a few (in my fam included) who were sick more than once

Please feel free to use any of my final thoughts ideas; I know I swiped many from other DIS’ers over the years! Thank you for following along and for your great comments – I’ll be over to your TR soon!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #327
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great final thoughts and pics. It was a great recap.

Nice plans for the next few years. At least DLR is in there.

Your pics were amazing and really enjoyed seeing them.

We are going 12/1-12/12 this year and hope we have good weather and minimal crowds like you.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #328
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

the trip was good, i enjoyed reading about it.

i really enjoyed the off site portions.

and sounds like it was a success all around.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #329
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great final thoughts and pics. It was a great recap.

Nice plans for the next few years. At least DLR is in there.

Your pics were amazing and really enjoyed seeing them.

We are going 12/1-12/12 this year and hope we have good weather and minimal crowds like you.
Thank you, it was fun with a little touch of "it's finally over" sadness to write.

Yes, there will be Disney in some form or I'll go into withdrawals and become catatonic

I hope the weather/crowds cooperate for you too - have fun planning it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
the trip was good, i enjoyed reading about it.

i really enjoyed the off site portions.

and sounds like it was a success all around.
Thank you Dan, I appreciate all of your posts. It was a good trip overall despite the illnesses we had to deal with. I think it was our last hard core "run, run, run" trip. All from here on out will be at a much more leisurely pace.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #330
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post

Thank you Dan, I appreciate all of your posts. It was a good trip overall despite the illnesses we had to deal with. I think it was our last hard core "run, run, run" trip. All from here on out will be at a much more leisurely pace.
thats the way to do it get the stuff done but with relax time added in.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: