Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
alxangel
Earning My Ears

Potty training?

My 2 1/2 year old daughter has been potty trained for almost two weeks now. She has had no accidents and is doing great. She tells us when she has to go and we get her to a potty ASAP. We're heading to Disney in 3 weeks. I'm worried if there is a line in bathroom when she has to go. Should I put her back in pull-ups for the trip?
alxangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
SunshineTK
Earning My Ears

I wouldn't confuse her by putting her in pullups. We always find that the mens rooom almost always has a shorter line. My husband usually took my kids in when they were little. Plus, take her to the bathroom even if she doesn't say she needs it.
SunshineTK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would try without pull ups or diapers but two weeks is very early and sometimes the 'hunny-moon" period. I would at least pack a few packs of pull ups and if things don't go as planned, put her back in them for the trip. Not worth the stress on vacation.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Erinmc3
Mouseketeer

While I wouldn't put her in the pull-ups, I would definitely bring them. My son was potty-trained for about 3 months before we went and he still had a few accidents.

Next Disney vacation: Hoping for Oct/Nov 2015

Family vacation at POP May 17th-25th 2013
First family vacation at POP Sept 16th-24th 2011
Off property: 2005, 1986, 1979(ish)
Erinmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Our daughter was 2y7m and had been potty trained for almost a year when we went to MK the first time, and we still took Pull Ups. It was the only time we ever used them--we used cloth diapers and trainers--but I had no idea how long the ride lines would be, how long the bathroom lines would be, how quickly we could get to a bathroom or how excited/nervous/stressed/distracted/busy/tired she would be and thrown off her regular schedule and routine. Changing a PU once or twice would have been no biggie but having an accident at that age would have horrified her and made for a very rough day. We went back to underwear the next day on the plane and she had no problems with being confused.
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
lady9
DIS Veteran

Be aware the potties at Disney are "magic", they are auto-flush. This scared the daylights out of our just turned 3 year old who had been potty trained for many months. This derailed our entire day as she refused to go to the bathroom except in our hotel room. There are non-"magic" potties at the baby care centers, but by then, she was freaked out by any that weren't in the hotel. We bought pull-ups and moved on with the vacation. She used the pull up, would tell us, we'd change her in the bathroom, and had a good rest of our stay. If we weren't in the parks, we used panties and she was fine. She had no problem adjusting once we returned home.
lady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
fairygagamother
Earning My Ears

Three words--baby care center!! They are the best! They're quiet, mostly well-located & some of the toilets don't automatically flush. I never paid attention to these until we had two newly potty trained 2 year-olds. They were a lifesaver! It's also a quiet place to go to re-group. The kids can watch movies, color, or just chill out.
fairygagamother is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: