Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #616
jjiillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
Just stopping in to comment on the FE groups. Right now there are five cabins that would like to be in the SMALL group. I'm fine with having a 5 cabin FE group.
I am now torn about what to do. I signed up for the small group but when making my gifts I have enough for 30. Did someone mention us possibly remaining one group and some of us not delivering to all the rooms?

DS (8) DD (7) DS (5)
jjiillee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #617
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

As far as extra FE gifts goes. If its not personalized, there will be rooms with FE outside their doors that aren't a member of DisBoards. If youre in the small exchange and have extras, just give some to people on the other list. If you have extras, just throw some in the other FE's. We don't keep track of who we haven't received anything from. We're just happy to get stuff in the pocket when we come back to our room!
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #618
Ready to go
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just stopping in to comment on the FE groups. Right now there are five cabins that would like to be in the SMALL group. I'm fine with having a 5 cabin FE group.
Hi, I also signed up for the small group (one of the five) because I was worried about luggage weights and transporting the gifts. I have kind of been waiting until after April 4, to see what is determined for the small groups or if there will even be anything for the small groups. I know it was suggested that there could be just one large group for all and the smaller group people could decide who to give gifts to...but to be honest, I would feel funny about getting gifts and not reciprocating. Depending on what is determined, I may have to bow out (will wait it out for now)...I hope with no hard feelings!!!

Dream Fish Extender January 5, 2014 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0SFNNV0E#gid=0
Ready to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #619
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go View Post

Hi, I also signed up for the small group (one of the five) because I was worried about luggage weights and transporting the gifts. I have kind of been waiting until after April 4, to see what is determined for the small groups or if there will even be anything for the small groups. I know it was suggested that there could be just one large group for all and the smaller group people could decide who to give gifts to...but to be honest, I would feel funny about getting gifts and not reciprocating. Depending on what is determined, I may have to bow out (will wait it out for now)...I hope with no hard feelings!!!
No worries! Would you be OK with the really small FE group of 5?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #620
Ready to go
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
No worries! Would you be OK with the really small FE group of 5?
That would be fine with me.

Dream Fish Extender January 5, 2014 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0SFNNV0E#gid=0
Ready to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #621
jjiillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go View Post

I think that some people that signed up for the large group wanted to give to both groups. I remember many people saying to sign them up both both groups. now I think I might be one of them I will still do the small group of five but now DH wants to do the big group. Which cracks me up because he didn't want to do it at all in the first place! I think my Disney obsession is rubbing off on him!!!
So I guess we wait and see what Anji says on April 4?

DS (8) DD (7) DS (5)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #622
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I think that of we are down to 4 cabins in the smaller group then there will be no small group.

This is our first cruise with a baby so i cant commit to such a large group - we already need a separate suitcase for his crap!

I have done FE before but the group maxed at 20.

Its too bad - would have really enjoyed doing FE for a more manageable sized group.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #623
jjiillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think that of we are down to 4 cabins in the smaller group then there will be no small group.

This is our first cruise with a baby so i cant commit to such a large group - we already need a separate suitcase for his crap!

I have done FE before but the group maxed at 20.

Its too bad - would have really enjoyed doing FE for a more manageable sized group.
Can I still do the small group with all of you and do the large group?
So there would still be five in the group? or is it down to four without me? I haven't checked in a few days.

DS (8) DD (7) DS (5)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #624
jjiillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjiellisvt View Post
**FE Update**
I have updated the FE list. When you have a chance please visit the spreadsheet and update/check your information. Be careful not to delete others information. We would like everyone to list (f)female or (m) male. Also, for kids please put the age in () as well. This helps for those making personalized gifts (don't fret its not a requirement). Also, please note whether you would have a preference for a small participation listing (10-20 rooms) or a large participation list (currently at 36 rooms). If at least 10 rooms want to be on a smaller list I will split those rooms out. If anyone from the larger list would like to gift to the smaller list they can. If less than 10 rooms ask to be on a smaller list I will leave it as one big listing and leave it up to everyone if they want to give to everyone or not. Trust me we won't judge (or even keep track) if we don't get gifts from everyone. Please remember you can sign up through April 4th.

On another note, we get to visit the mouse in six days for a quick day visit. Heading to the Magic Kingdom to go see the new Fantasyland. CAN'T WAIT!!! Will help to get us in the spirit for the cruise.
Here is what was said about the group sizes.

DS (8) DD (7) DS (5)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #625
CoryB2679
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carynhudspeth View Post
- Names, Gender and Ages of Cruisers
Patrick- M 33
Caryn- F 31
Austin- M 20
Tanner- M 9
Angel- F 7
Ana Lin- F 4
Alexandra- F 3
Troy M 1

- Hometown
Indianapolis, IN

- Stateroom(s)

- Dinner Seating
Early but plan to move to Late seating

Starting to get very excited for this vacation AND very excited to learn about the fish extenders!
We have a dd who's 7, and another dd turning 3 on the cruise... nice to see so many kids around the same ages.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #626
lorenni
DIS Veteran

So then we're definitely just having one 40+ stateroom list for FE?

I would not feel right only giving gifts to 10 rooms when 40 have signed up. And to be honest I don't even want to receive 40 different gifts.

Looks like we're out. Have a great time!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #627
erinjean1277
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would not feel right only giving gifts to 10 rooms when 40 have signed up. And to be honest I don't even want to receive 40 different gifts.

We are willing to add to the small group if you all are wanting to keep separate from the larger group. It is up to you all. I would hate for you to drop out if you have already had something started. Our FE gifts are done and I had planned on distributing to everyone no matter the group designation. We have no expectations of return.
~ Dec 2011 Disney Dream 3 night Bahamas
erinjean1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #628
jjiillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I don't want you to have to leave either! I will still exchange with you in the small group and exchange in the large group also if that is ok?

DS (8) DD (7) DS (5)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #629
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Thanks, guys that's really sweet. I'll see how things fall out next week - I think that's the cut off for signing up. I know we had previously discussed having some of the larger list folks also participate in the smaller list - but then EVERYONE on the large list wanted to be on the small list too!

My main goal is to have little things that will entertain the tiny person so even if it doesn't work out with the FE group we'll put up our FE and leave little things in his pocket each day for him to find.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #630
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Doing the cruise docs dance! Mickey mail is the best! We leave for vacation four weeks from today (we have a dream cruise before our fantasy cruise)!!

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: