Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
This may approach the line of TMI and for that I apologize, but we are cementing out plans for a return to wdw and I'm getting a little anxious about a problem I kind of expect to have with the resort.

I experience night-terrors most nights and the resulting noise can be very traumatic for people in a 50 to 100' radius. This happened one night last year during our stay at POR out of a 6 night vacation but we are staying 9 nights this time and I'm really dreading this.

Would it be wise to let the resort staff know that this might occur? Can I hope to find a room on the end of a building?

I do usually bring it up upon check in but they rarely take me seriously. As it happens (I'm told this) I often do quite a bit of screaming; even worse, I make exclamations in several different voices and even speak in different languages. I don't mean I'm possessed, they are languages I personally know. Be that as it may, wild and terrified screaming in Japanese, Urdu, Korean, Bengali, and/or English (of course) can be quite upsetting to someone who is not expecting it.

I'm thinking of bringing a recording of a particularly shrill 'event' to convey the complexity of the situation to the Cast Member at check in. Or should I try to make the resort aware of this before we arrive?

I really don't know how much accommodation I can expect but it would be really nice to make it through the week without the police showing up. That was a real bummer.
And that's enough internet for me for one day..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: