Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
sorceressk
Mouseketeer
 
sorceressk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 379

Back2back cruising

Any tips/tricks?? I will be doing this for the 1st time in a month. One 5d with a friend, followed by 4d w the partner. Just curious how it works and if anyone has any special tricks up their sleeves. =]
sorceressk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
clten
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,763

Each b2b can be a little different and it varies by port. What will happen is that you will get a letter in your cabin near the end of the first cruise telling you about the disembarkation/re-embarkation process. We have done it all sorts of ways -- staying on-board (in US ports, this seems to be a thing of the past), meeting somewhere to be escorted off, self-disembarkation with time given to get off the ship.

My only advise to you is if you are not getting off as a group (given a meeting place), don't rush to get off the ship at whatever time they tell you in the letter. Get off based on how many other people are still onboard. You really want to be among the last off. (The chairs onboard are much more comfortable than the chairs in the port terminal.) You have to wait until the first cruise is completed and closed out. So anyone still at Guest Services settling their bill or in Shutters buying photos will keep them from closing out the cruise. Rushing into the terminal doesn't get you back on any sooner -- just gives you more time to wait in the terminal.

Be sure to tell your dining team (if you enjoy them and want them for the next cruise) and your stateroom host that you are doing b2b. It should be in your record but sometimes only the supervisors know and the crew actually working with you don't know.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,429

Have you done it in Barcelona before? We are doing that this June and would love to hear what goes on there.
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
sorceressk
Mouseketeer
 
sorceressk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
Each b2b can be a little different and it varies by port. What will happen is that you will get a letter in your cabin near the end of the first cruise telling you about the disembarkation/re-embarkation process. We have done it all sorts of ways -- staying on-board (in US ports, this seems to be a thing of the past), meeting somewhere to be escorted off, self-disembarkation with time given to get off the ship.

My only advise to you is if you are not getting off as a group (given a meeting place), don't rush to get off the ship at whatever time they tell you in the letter. Get off based on how many other people are still onboard. You really want to be among the last off. (The chairs onboard are much more comfortable than the chairs in the port terminal.) You have to wait until the first cruise is completed and closed out. So anyone still at Guest Services settling their bill or in Shutters buying photos will keep them from closing out the cruise. Rushing into the terminal doesn't get you back on any sooner -- just gives you more time to wait in the terminal.

Be sure to tell your dining team (if you enjoy them and want them for the next cruise) and your stateroom host that you are doing b2b. It should be in your record but sometimes only the supervisors know and the crew actually working with you don't know.
Thanks!! It will be on the wonder in Miami. On carrib and the next Bahamas. Have u done that one before?
sorceressk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Have you done it in Barcelona before? We are doing that this June and would love to hear what goes on there.
Us, too. Justhat, you'll have to be sure to tell me on the June 15th how it was handled, ok?
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 16,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Have you done it in Barcelona before? We are doing that this June and would love to hear what goes on there.
We did B2B in Barcelona in 2010. Typically, in non-US ports, you will not disembark on the turn around day. However, on ours, we were directed to meet at Rockin' Bar D (along with the other 300 B2B guests). After everyone else had disembarked, we were escorted off the ship as a group, checked in for the second leg and reboarded the ship. This was the last Med/WBTA. I understand on the EBTA/1st Med B2B they did not get off the ship to re-checkin. That was handled at Guest Services onboard.

The only constant on B2Bs is the letter you will receive directing you as to your particular procedure.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran
 
alexandmaddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
Thanks!! It will be on the wonder in Miami. On carrib and the next Bahamas. Have u done that one before?
We just did this on the Wonder in Miami two weeks ago. It went very smoothly. We waited in Studio Sea unitl everyone was off the ship. We were then escorted off the ship and through customs by a DCL representative. After that we checked back in and waited about 10 minutes to reboard the ship which took about a half hour. After getting back on the ship we hung out at the Cove Cafe.
__________________
alexandmaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
sorceressk
Mouseketeer
 
sorceressk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandmaddie View Post

We just did this on the Wonder in Miami two weeks ago. It went very smoothly. We waited in Studio Sea unitl everyone was off the ship. We were then escorted off the ship and through customs by a DCL representative. After that we checked back in and waited about 10 minutes to reboard the ship which took about a half hour. After getting back on the ship we hung out at the Cove Cafe.
Too cool! I wonder if this will be the same for me since I am the only one in my party doing b2b.
sorceressk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
sorceressk
Mouseketeer
 
sorceressk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 379

Do they hold ur bags? Or must u take the bags with u when u get off? Is customs basically the same, just with a DCL escort ?
sorceressk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran
 
alexandmaddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
Do they hold ur bags? Or must u take the bags with u when u get off? Is customs basically the same, just with a DCL escort ?
No, you don't bring your bags. Customs was the same, just no line! It really was a smooth process. We decided to do another B2B next Spring Break as well.
__________________
alexandmaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Us, too. Justhat, you'll have to be sure to tell me on the June 15th how it was handled, ok?
I definitely will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
We did B2B in Barcelona in 2010. Typically, in non-US ports, you will not disembark on the turn around day. However, on ours, we were directed to meet at Rockin' Bar D (along with the other 300 B2B guests). After everyone else had disembarked, we were escorted off the ship as a group, checked in for the second leg and reboarded the ship. This was the last Med/WBTA. I understand on the EBTA/1st Med B2B they did not get off the ship to re-checkin. That was handled at Guest Services onboard.

The only constant on B2Bs is the letter you will receive directing you as to your particular procedure.

I would love if we don't have to get off and back on!
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
csidisney
Mouseketeer
 
csidisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 331

I am looking at doing that same b2b on the wonder next march! I already have the carribbean one booked. Just have to convince DH to add the second half.
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4 nights Oct 2009
Disney Dream - 4 nights May 2011
Disney Magic - 4 nights May 2012
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribean 7 nights March 2013
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
moomy-san
DIS Veteran
 
moomy-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 733

We did this same b2b out of Miami in February. It was smooth and quick as can be. The really nice part was when we arrived in Cove Cafe after re-boarding, they informed us all coffee beverages were complimentary. So my kids quickly ordered smoothies and we had frappacinos while we relaxed by the pool! My kids swam by themselves for at least 30 minutes before anyone else boarded.

The only downside of the b2b was that all of the entertainment was repeated. Even funnelvision movies.
__________________
Disneyland October 2005, January 2006, February 2007, January 2008, January 2010, February 2011, February 2012
DCL Mexican Riviera aboard the Wonder February 2011 and February 2012.
DCL B2B Bahamas and West Caribbean aboard the Wonder February 2013
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014


Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
We did this same b2b out of Miami in February. It was smooth and quick as can be. The really nice part was when we arrived in Cove Cafe after re-boarding, they informed us all coffee beverages were complimentary. So my kids quickly ordered smoothies and we had frappacinos while we relaxed by the pool! My kids swam by themselves for at least 30 minutes before anyone else boarded.

The only downside of the b2b was that all of the entertainment was repeated. Even funnelvision movies.
I am so excited for our B2B in Oct!!!! Yay thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
csidisney
Mouseketeer
 
csidisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 331

Just finished booking the march B2B next spring out of Miami. We should start a thread for it . 9 nights on the ship...can't wait!
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4 nights Oct 2009
Disney Dream - 4 nights May 2011
Disney Magic - 4 nights May 2012
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribean 7 nights March 2013
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.