Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Alamo Premium car selection at MCO

Does anyone know what cars are on the premium aisle for Alamo at MCO?

I am between renting a full size and a premium.

Regarding car selection - which cars have a really big trunk?

Thank you!
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Moparlar
Mouseketeer

When we got there 2 weeks ago they were out of fullsize cars so we got a premium for no extra. At that time there was a Charger, a Challenger, a Flex and I believe a Tahoe. Since it was just me and My DW we suffered through a Challenger for 9 Days at $210.00 for the whole time.

Larry
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Does anyone know what cars are on the premium aisle for Alamo at MCO?

I am between renting a full size and a premium.

Regarding car selection - which cars have a really big trunk?

Thank you!
Premiums are not classed by their size but rather their options, same with the Luxury class.

The full size cars with the really big trunks are Impalas and Malibus.

The Premiums with really big trunks are the Taurus and the Toyota Avalon.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparlar View Post
When we got there 2 weeks ago they were out of fullsize cars so we got a premium for no extra. At that time there was a Charger, a Challenger, a Flex and I believe a Tahoe. Since it was just me and My DW we suffered through a Challenger for 9 Days at $210.00 for the whole time.

Larry
The Flex and the Tahoe are not premium cars. Chargers are classed as full size and Challengers are premiums. Looks like they were really low on cars.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

We haven't rented at MCO since 2011 but at that time we had our choice of Cadillacs, Buick Regal, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Genesis and Nissan Maxima. We chose the Maxima. Unfortunately, by the end of the week we immensely disliked that vehicle. Didn't feel it should've been a premium at all. Had no special features. No leather, no sat radio. Hated the way it handled. Our own fault though for choosing that one.

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We had a premium from Alamo at MCO two weeks ago (for a week). They had very few choices left, all were American cars.

We chose Chrysler 300. It had a good sized trunk and satellite radio. Nice, quiet ride. Good sound system.
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
We had a premium from Alamo at MCO two weeks ago (for a week). They had very few choices left, all were American cars.

We chose Chrysler 300. It had a good sized trunk and satellite radio. Nice, quiet ride. Good sound system.
Was it the Convertible? The Chrysler 300 sedan is an Alamo Standard size car (according to their website).

Edit please excuse me. The 200 is standard, not the 300. =)

Last edited by Kassidysdad; 03-27-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Kassidysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidysdad View Post
Was it the Convertible? The Chrysler 300 sedan is an Alamo Standard size car (according to their website).

Edit please excuse me. The 200 is standard, not the 300. =)
The Chrysler convertible is a 200. The Chrysler 200 sedan, is, as you said a standard class.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveswdw View Post
We haven't rented at MCO since 2011 but at that time we had our choice of Cadillacs, Buick Regal, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Genesis and Nissan Maxima. We chose the Maxima. Unfortunately, by the end of the week we immensely disliked that vehicle. Didn't feel it should've been a premium at all. Had no special features. No leather, no sat radio. Hated the way it handled. Our own fault though for choosing that one.
The sat radio is NOT something that Alamo subscribes to. It is free for the first 10k miles. Most of the Maxima's are cloth interior, but, it is a premium because it is a Maxima.
The Caddys are Luxury.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post

When we got a premium car this past Oct 27th, they only had three cars to choose from in the premium section. This was around 2:00pm. I'm not that familiar with the different cars, but one was a brown Ford, one was a white Nissan, and the one we chose was a maroon Hyundai. The only reason we chose it, is because the other two had alot of dents and scratches. I was really surprised at how beat up they looked.

We were not happy with the selection or the car itself. It had ugly gray cloth seats and smelled like cigarette smoke. Back in Sept we booked a midsize and had alot more to choose from and got a pretty white Ford Fusion with leather seats.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-28-2013 at 01:00 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I have attempted to rent Premiums from National at MCO several times. I would not recommend wasting your money as the selecting is PATHETIC! (Generally there is the "car" LOL!)

I was once told they hide them on the Alamo Aisle (and I was told this by a National Employee), but when I tried to go over there I was told that since I didn't have Alamo paperwork I could NOT have a car (Even though this same National employee sent me over there) But looking at what I could see... it wasn't worth fighting for
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

It is $60 more for a 9 day rental from full size to premium. Might be worth it for a Maxima or Avalon. If not, I will just keep the full size reservation.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
disneyboy123
Mouseketeer

anyone got a midsize lately? Wondering what they have to offer in that class
disneyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyboy123 View Post
anyone got a midsize lately? Wondering what they have to offer in that class
Malibu... malibu...

LOL! They do have those things in mass quantities and stick them EVERYWHERE!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I have attempted to rent Premiums from National at MCO several times. I would not recommend wasting your money as the selecting is PATHETIC! (Generally there is the "car" LOL!)

I was once told they hide them on the Alamo Aisle (and I was told this by a National Employee), but when I tried to go over there I was told that since I didn't have Alamo paperwork I could NOT have a car (Even though this same National employee sent me over there) But looking at what I could see... it wasn't worth fighting for
No they do not hid the Premiums over there. Often, especially on B side, there is no room for the Premiums and they are parked on the Alamo side where there is more than 2 spaces for Premiums. All you had to do is ask one of the people in the booth for a Premium or the (National Greeter) and one would have been supplied. You can, in fact, take a Premium from the Alamo side and drive it out the National exit. Trust me, they don't know the difference. The only time there is a difference is when you take one from the EA or Exec. aisle. There is a subtle tell for those.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: