Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #76
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I really think they've been monkeying with the FP/SB ratio so much lately that the red card is almost pointless. It means nothing if they stop the standby line from time to time and let 90% fastpass in.

On the up side, I also think this is all sort of a trial period. Once they get FP+ all figured out they should be back to being able to better predict the wait times. That should only take what..... a couple more years? They're going to have to decide how many to issue, but then they're going to have to wait and see what the no-show rate is on pre-scheduled rides, then adjust for that.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #77
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Stuff happens.
I think OP is looking for understanding of what kind of "stuff" happens to cause such inaccurate postings...as the next poster explains...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #78
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

The only way to totally eliminate long lines and the need for crowd control is to have less people in the parks. There are 2 ways to do that - let less people in the parks (which people would get mad about) or charge more so less people can afford it (which people would get mad about). Disney can't win on that front.

I do think Disney needs to religiously give out the red cards every 10 minutes for each line and have the signs updated in 10 minute intervals. I understand that they don't have to post estimated wait times (a lot of parks don't) but of they are going to extend that courtesy, then they need to put a priority on making it more accurate.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #79
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgrec View Post
Interesting. Thanks. I have never seen that.

now you have...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #80
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I do think Disney needs to religiously give out the red cards every 10 minutes for each line and have the signs updated in 10 minute intervals.
Actually, if they just wrote the code to update in real time how long it's taking the red card to get from the first post to the second, it would be constantly updating itself the whole time. Of course, they'd have to track multiple cards simultaneously, and update the wait time to the longest of the currently active cards...
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #81
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post

Actually, if they just wrote the code to update in real time how long it's taking the red card to get from the first post to the second, it would be constantly updating itself the whole time. Of course, they'd have to track multiple cards simultaneously, and update the wait time to the longest of the currently active cards...
They could put RFID receivers at both locations and automate the process so that the posted time is always accurate. Of course, even though it will then always be an accurate representation of how long the current boarder has waited in line, it still won't be a completely accurate measure of how long a person entering the line at that moment will wait.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #82
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
They could put RFID receivers at both locations and automate the process so that the posted time is always accurate. Of course, even though it will then always be an accurate representation of how long the current boarder has waited in line, it still won't be a completely accurate measure of how long a person entering the line at that moment will wait.

Excellent point! I'm hoping that this is part of the new system. if not right away- at least eventually.

and yes, you are corect- it still would not be super accurate. Lots of times attractions lines change quickly- like when a show lets out or the fireworks/parade have just finished there's a flood of people heading to nearby attractions. Buzz's standby line can jump from 5 to 30+min wait in a just a few minutes.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: