Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #466
Simplealman
Keep it Simple and You will Never be Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
Today, a CM mentioned that I should watch for special offers in May or June for our trip in October. This is the second CM that has suggested that without prompting -possibly, just based on their experience or else perhaps the script they are given?
Thats great! What time of the month were you booking. I'm hoping for one of the last two weeks in October for free dining or any discount.

Simplealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #467
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.
I booked our flight down last week and we can't book our return till May since we aren't coming back till the 7th. Rates have been pretty good through SW these past couple of weeks.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #468
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tufgt View Post

I booked our flight down last week and we can't book our return till May since we aren't coming back till the 7th. Rates have been pretty good through SW these past couple of weeks.
I've been debating doing that too....I've just never booked one without the other....
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #469
ALD85
DIS Veteran

It doesn't help us October go-ers at the moment, but airfare for May with AirTran is 284 down from 340. I'm hopeful and holding out.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #470
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I found the best thing to do is sign up for daily price checks from the travel sites. I am signed up with Travelocity & Kyak. They send me the best prices that day for the destination I have set so I never miss the great discounts. Also I have noticed that the best prices are 6-8 weeks out from date of travel. Someone told me that's when airlines discount the most in order to fill the flights that haven't sold as well, before they start charging more for the last minute buyers. Right now they have fares at $246 for travel in May (SEA to MCO). But when I check for October they are averaging $315. I am really just watching trends now and will hopefully get a better deal on flights for October around end of June or July.

Although I think I need to hope for a fair amount of pixie dust to get a great deal!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #471
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.
I am also coming to WDW in Oct, and just booked my flights through Southwest, flying out of Buffalo (I live in Toronto)
I got $110 return, total $224 per person, taxes in.
Now, I also leave Nov 2nd, but I booked my return flight for Nov 1st, and will change it to Nov 2nd once the rates are released May 6th. I wanted to make sure I got a cheap flight home just in case Nov 2nd was too expensive. With Southwest you have no change fee, so if the price is around the same, I will move my return flight to Nov 2nd.
Normally, you can get some really great deals through Southwest! I always look at Southwest first!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #472
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplealman View Post
Thats great! What time of the month were you booking. I'm hoping for one of the last two weeks in October for free dining or any discount.
I'm watching early to mid October, but hopefully the month will all come out at once.
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #473
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post

I am also coming to WDW in Oct, and just booked my flights through Southwest, flying out of Buffalo (I live in Toronto)
I got $110 return, total $224 per person, taxes in.
Now, I also leave Nov 2nd, but I booked my return flight for Nov 1st, and will change it to Nov 2nd once the rates are released May 6th. I wanted to make sure I got a cheap flight home just in case Nov 2nd was too expensive. With Southwest you have no change fee, so if the price is around the same, I will move my return flight to Nov 2nd.
Normally, you can get some really great deals through Southwest! I always look at Southwest first!
I didnt realize you could change your flight once it was made. I may do the same thing. I live near Philadelphia but southwest and AirTran both fly cheaper out of Baltimore Washington. Ill have to check out return flights & see what I can find. Thanks for the good idea!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #474
CourtneyM86
Earning My Ears

Subbing! Heading to WDW 10/19-10/24 and planning on staying at POP. Currently working with a TA as this is my first time planning a trip to WDW (I've only been as a child). I've been doing a ton of research on my own, however, just to cover all my bases But we will hopefully be all booked up by the end of the week! We're booking a room & ticket package and are holding off on dining. For just the 2 of us I don't think a dining plan is really worth the cost but we will obviously take advantage of FD should it become available. If the rumor is true about no FD for the value resorts I will definitely consider upgrading to a moderate since I think that FD plan would save us a ton - but have to crunch all the numbers, of course.

I recently got some snail-mail from Disney with a code (two letters, 1 number) and I'm not sure if this is a pin or just an offer code. I don't have it on me right now but if I remember correctly it didn't list any % off, just actual rates. For example "$113/night at select value resorts" type of thing. I haven't had a chance to price that out yet vs the website so I'm not sure if it even is any lower, but it did cover the dates I will be there and most of October as well. I think it only excluded Columbus Day weekend time.
CourtneyM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #475
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyM86 View Post
Subbing! Heading to WDW 10/19-10/24 and planning on staying at POP. Currently working with a TA as this is my first time planning a trip to WDW (I've only been as a child). I've been doing a ton of research on my own, however, just to cover all my bases But we will hopefully be all booked up by the end of the week! We're booking a room & ticket package and are holding off on dining. For just the 2 of us I don't think a dining plan is really worth the cost but we will obviously take advantage of FD should it become available. If the rumor is true about no FD for the value resorts I will definitely consider upgrading to a moderate since I think that FD plan would save us a ton - but have to crunch all the numbers, of course.

I recently got some snail-mail from Disney with a code (two letters, 1 number) and I'm not sure if this is a pin or just an offer code. I don't have it on me right now but if I remember correctly it didn't list any % off, just actual rates. For example "$113/night at select value resorts" type of thing. I haven't had a chance to price that out yet vs the website so I'm not sure if it even is any lower, but it did cover the dates I will be there and most of October as well. I think it only excluded Columbus Day weekend time.
The 3 digit code is only for marketing purposes. It is just an advertisement for rack rates. A true PIN will have a 15 digit code.

If we get to go this year, we will be at POP that same week.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #476
CourtneyM86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The 3 digit code is only for marketing purposes. It is just an advertisement for rack rates. A true PIN will have a 15 digit code.

If we get to go this year, we will be at POP that same week.

thanks for the info! I had a feeling that was the case
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #477
CourtneyM86
Earning My Ears

Our trip is officially booked at POP!

Thought I would mention that my TA let me know that LM rooms at AoA would not be eligible for 2013 promotions (I believe family suites are eligible - at least they were during the spring promotion that's about to end). I had it down as my 2nd choice in case what we wanted at Pop wasn't available for some reason.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #478
djamesdisney1st
Earning My Ears

We are booking Oct 25- Nov 1st I'm so excited. We ended up going through a TA which ended up saving us $212 off what Disney can offer on their website. Now I'm hoping for FD or a % off the room rate which they will switch for me once its released.

I have signed up for every mailing/email possible and was hoping for a PIN but its probably not going to happen. This is our first trip as a family. I haven't been since 1997 and 1991 before that.

We are booking POFQ (where I stayed in 91 when it opened!!!!
djamesdisney1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #479
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesdisney1st View Post
We are booking Oct 25- Nov 1st I'm so excited. We ended up going through a TA which ended up saving us $212 off what Disney can offer on their website. Now I'm hoping for FD or a % off the room rate which they will switch for me once its released.

I have signed up for every mailing/email possible and was hoping for a PIN but its probably not going to happen. This is our first trip as a family. I haven't been since 1997 and 1991 before that.

We are booking POFQ (where I stayed in 91 when it opened!!!!
We're going 10/26-11/2 and staying at POFQ too! I'm waiting for the same thing. This is the first time we'll be staying on property. Last year we stayed at my FIL an hour south of Disney. That drive made for a VERY long day. I've been poking around on here, WDW website, Disney visas website and the mousesavers web site looking for discounts for October.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #480
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I did the same thing the other day. I had been debating between going Halloween week again or the week after Thanksgiving and I was "just checking" Southwest and saw rates of $120 each way from OKC to Orlando. I have never seen it that cheap before so I snatched it up for Oct 26 coming back Nov. 1. I will probably add Nov 2 when it opens up if it doesn't change my price much. Now I am just waiting for Disney discounts for October to come out.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: