Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #721
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Hi Alison, I'm so sorry to read about Sunny she was blessed to have such wonderful parents.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #722
Pinkocto

I'm definitely curious about POTC in DL now.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #723
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I agree that Pirates of the Caribbean is so much better at Disneyland and I can't wait to ride it again in May. That Dole Whip Float looks so tempting. I wish I could have one of those right now. What a shame that you just missed the parade.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #724
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great update. Dole Float. I also think Disneyland's POTC is so much better than WDW's. WDW's Splash is superior. Disneyland's Space and IASW also beat WDW's. BTMRR seems the same to me.
I haven't been on Splash since the previous time I rode Pirates. Just not a fan of getting wet. Long time for BTMRR, but I totally agree with you on Space and IASW. I like our Soarin' better, but WDW's ToT. I like our Train better because of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World. I like our HM better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi Alison, I'm so sorry to read about Sunny she was blessed to have such wonderful parents.
Thanks, she was such a great kitty. Hard to fill her tiny shoes.

Quote:
I'm definitely curious about POTC in DL now.
As you can see with Jenny and I we are definitely opinionated! There's lot of things you should be curious about there. Our RSR is definitely better than WDW's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I agree that Pirates of the Caribbean is so much better at Disneyland and I can't wait to ride it again in May. That Dole Whip Float looks so tempting. I wish I could have one of those right now. What a shame that you just missed the parade.

Corinna
I never even knew they existed until I got on Disney forums and everyone raved about them. The good thing is that they are dairy free, and it seems now every time I eat ice cream I go into a food coma and want to

I was bummed mainly because we waited all that time, and if the lady hadn't come by and told us it was going to be so long, we would have stayed the 10 minutes for the parade. No biggie, I'm not a football fan. I didn't even watch the game! It just seemed kind of neat to watch it since I was in the right place at the right time.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #725
franandaj

By the time that we were finally in the room with scooters charging, it was after3PM, probably close to 4PM. While waiting for the parade, we had talked about the idea of going to DTD. However, once we got to the room, the bed was calling to Fran, “Time for a nap….” And the bed won.

With Fran sleeping, I sat in the front room working on the TR until it was time to leave for our Dinner Reservation. I was lucky that tonight we were going to another monorail resort, so the scooter could happily charge all night until morning. However before leaving I did admire this beautiful sunset.

Now I had a specific goal for this night and one of the reasons, I didn’t want our ADR to be too late, was that I learned from Lisa (are you still out there?), that there are a finite number of these babies each day, and it sucks if the person before you gets the last one! I stepped up to the bar.

I placed my order.

And here it is, a thing of beauty and taste!

I am happy!

The place was somewhat crowded.

It didn’t take long for our buzzer to ring and soon we were being led to our table past the place where they cook the meats, little did I know…

I was a little disappointed in ‘Ohana this time. When we ate there in 2011, it was definitely in my top favorites that I wanted to return to. Now, I’ll go back sometime, but I’m not rushing to do so. The bread was OK, but I wasn’t wild about it on my last trip either.

The salad was OK. Sorry about the blurry pictures it was very dark in there and I didn't want to use the flash.

What was disappointing was that whereas last time, there were three dipping sauces, now there was only one.

The potstickers and wings were certainly tasty, but I remembered them being better. The noodles were pretty good.

The biggest disappointment was that all the meat was pretty much overcooked. No mooing going on here. All of you with husbands that like their meat well done would have had happy husbands!

One thing that was not disappointing was the Bananas Foster bread pudding. Here are the before and after pictures.

Fran wanted to take a look around the Poly, I was in a dairy coma. I really should learn that I shouldn’t eat ice cream, especially if I have had a couple drinks. It just knocks me out and I am history. We found a bench and I literally fell asleep on the bench. Fran found the Wyland gallery there and when she came back to wake me she reminded me of how dangerous it was to let her go unsupervised in an art gallery. Luckily she didn’t do any damage, so we boarded the monorail and headed back to our room. I barely even remember getting back there. I think she stopped at the Contemporary gift shop and I just went right back to the Villa and passed out, another fun Disney day!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #726
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I love the look of the Lapu Lapu. That would definitely tempt me to put it on my list of drinks to try. I might not drink a lot of alcohol but when I do, it has to look real pretty.

I've never eaten at Ohanas and so the food looks good to me. Sorry you were disappointed with it.

Lovely, lovely sunset pictures.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #727
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The sunset photos are gorgeous. We have never been to 'Ohana for dinner. Is it very noisy?

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #728
Pinkocto

I'm sorry dinner wasn't the best. The only time I've been to Ohana was for breakfast. Fran's comment about shopping is too cute.

I agree, beautiful sunset pictures!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #729
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Lovely sunset pics. We haven't eaten at O'hana's, but DH would be happy the meat wasn't mooing, me on the other hand would be sad.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #730
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh the divine Lapu Lapu - I love that I need two hands to hold it !!

Shame 'Ohana wasn't so great for you both but it sounds like the dessert helped to make up for it !
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #731
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I love those monorail pictures at sunset!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #732
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Sorry the food was not wonderful, that is a disappointment.

That is one drink that will never make my list of things to try, I am allergic to Pineapple....

The pictures were lovely, and I was thinking that you let Fran go shopping while you slept, that it could have turned dangerous... All of those paintings are beautiful.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #733
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice photos of the sunset with the monorails. That will be something that I will enjoy every time if I ever stay at BLT.

Very nice update.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #734
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I actually don't mind POTC at MK. I feel like the boats get so backed up at DL and that we're always going sooo sllloooow through the pirate ship battle room. The queue is much better at POTC too.

I absolutely love the sunset photos of the monorail. Great job!

Gasp! I had the lapu lapu too on this trip (if I can ever get to it on my TR that is ) DELICIOUS wasn't it!? I'll definitely be getting it again in the future.

What a bummer about dinner. Glad the dessert made up for it though!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #735
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I love the look of the Lapu Lapu. That would definitely tempt me to put it on my list of drinks to try. I might not drink a lot of alcohol but when I do, it has to look real pretty.

I've never eaten at Ohanas and so the food looks good to me. Sorry you were disappointed with it.

Lovely, lovely sunset pictures.
Thanks about the sunset pictures.

My drinks just have to taste good! No beauty requirements here! But I DID want to get it in the pineapple. When they run out, you can still order them in a cup, but what's the fun in that? I just wish the meat wasn't quite so cooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The sunset photos are gorgeous. We have never been to 'Ohana for dinner. Is it very noisy?

Corinna
I'm glad you like the sunset photos.

It was a little noisy, they do this little pageant with the kids and have them dance and do a little parade, otherwise it wasn't louder than anywhere else.

Quote:
I'm sorry dinner wasn't the best. The only time I've been to Ohana was for breakfast. Fran's comment about shopping is too cute.

I agree, beautiful sunset pictures!
Me too. We'll be back again, but there's a lot of other places I will put ahead of that one on the list.

I'm glad the sunset pictures came out so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Lovely sunset pics. We haven't eaten at O'hana's, but DH would be happy the meat wasn't mooing, me on the other hand would be sad.
Thanks on the pics! It was still OK, I did end up leaving completely stuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh the divine Lapu Lapu - I love that I need two hands to hold it !!

Shame 'Ohana wasn't so great for you both but it sounds like the dessert helped to make up for it !
It was really tasty, I would get that again! The dessert did make up for the rest of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I love those monorail pictures at sunset!
Thank you very much. And

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Sorry the food was not wonderful, that is a disappointment.

That is one drink that will never make my list of things to try, I am allergic to Pineapple....

The pictures were lovely, and I was thinking that you let Fran go shopping while you slept, that it could have turned dangerous... All of those paintings are beautiful.
Sorry you are allergic, pineapple is one of my favorite flavors.

She ends up getting what she wants in the end, if it's really big she usually asks first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Very nice photos of the sunset with the monorails. That will be something that I will enjoy every time if I ever stay at BLT.

Very nice update.
Thank you, I waited a while to get those monorail shots just right! You would like BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I actually don't mind POTC at MK. I feel like the boats get so backed up at DL and that we're always going sooo sllloooow through the pirate ship battle room. The queue is much better at POTC too.

I absolutely love the sunset photos of the monorail. Great job!

Gasp! I had the lapu lapu too on this trip (if I can ever get to it on my TR that is ) DELICIOUS wasn't it!? I'll definitely be getting it again in the future.

What a bummer about dinner. Glad the dessert made up for it though!
I kind of like that the boats back up, makes the ride last longer!

Glad the sunset monorail photos were a hit! I loved the Lapu Lapu! I might want to go there just to get one of those! I had high hopes for the dinner based on last time. That dessert is awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: