Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #1036
shdavis238
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone. Thanks for all of your tips. We are going on our first Disney trip in late August and I can't wait. I have a question. Do any,of you know where to find plus size Disney clothes? All of the ones on the Dianey store only go up to a Xxl. I need a 3x or 4x. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #1037
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyF
Anyone ever fly Virgin America? I'm booked with them to DLR this summer. Just wondering how the seats are.

I occassionaly need an extender on some carriers, but never had a real problem width-wise with any of the seats. Being in the middle usually sucks, but the arm rests can come down completely; it's still snug but not totally unbearable.
I found virgin seats awful- I was stuck on the insides and my arm rests were digging into me. I paid an extra $40 and I got upgraded to a bigger seat. Expensive but SO worth it. I also had to ask for a seatbelt extender.

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #1038
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdavis238 View Post
Hey everyone. Thanks for all of your tips. We are going on our first Disney trip in late August and I can't wait. I have a question. Do any,of you know where to find plus size Disney clothes? All of the ones on the Dianey store only go up to a Xxl. I need a 3x or 4x. Thanks!
Disney Store does have plus size...some things up to 5x.
Just go to the site and do a search for "Plus Size" and it comes up with 19 items.
Good luck!

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #1039
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdavis238 View Post
our walmart usually have alot to offer
ive purchased a few for my mom there over the laszt couple of trips.

you can always visit us over at the Creative Board and make your own.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #1040
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post

our walmart usually have alot to offer
ive purchased a few for my mom there over the laszt couple of trips.

you can always visit us over at the Creative Board and make your own.
I have to agree with Zoeismommy... Your best bet is to try Walmart...i have always had a lot of problems buying clothes from Disney direct until I got under 270 pounds once I did I could start getting into the 2X and 3X

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #1041
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post

I have to agree with Zoeismommy... Your best bet is to try Walmart...i have always had a lot of problems buying clothes from Disney direct until I got under 270 pounds once I did I could start getting into the 2X and 3X

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I bought a few 3x and 4x's last June at the park and on the cruise ship. When I tried them on I was surprised that they were a lot smaller than they said. They were almost a spandex material. I hope I have lost enough weight by my October trip so I can wear my Disney wear. I bought 2 shirts from one of those cheep stores outside of Disney and they fit great. Unfortunately they are over worn so they have become night shirts only.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #1042
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Anyone else wear men's clothing? I'm sure I look very unattractive at disney in plain tshirts and black/navy knee length shorts but at least it fits. I bought a 2XL disney animal kingdom shirt (Tigger? Is that you?) and it was TINY! Gutted, I love pooh bear!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #1043
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Ebay works for me. In fact, there is a purple Mickey and Minnie shirt that I got in the Sears at the Mall in Oahu ( when we were at Aulani), that I liked so much, that I bought a replacement on Ebay. Now, that one is wearing out, and I am debating to go for a third of the same shirt!

I also found some 3x shirts at various spots in WDW in the past, like the Boardwalk/Beach Club, the Contemporary shops, and other places.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #1044
shdavis238
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #1045
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

This is a fab thread! I am around 5 foot 4" and weigh around 185-190 pounds (doctors scales say 185, mine say closer to 188! :P), I would love to lose weight but I just love eating delicious food so much!

My main problem is my bust, my bra size is a back breaking 40 HH! I did lose weight after having my DD but my breasts ballooned (I used to be 44 D) and now I have constant back pain because of them, I have been to the doctor about this but he just keeps putting me on medication which helps for an hour or so but after that wears off and I can only take the tablets once every 6 hours. I have tried so many bras and never found one that gives me excellent comfort and support. I would LOVE to find the perfect bra for my trip in November, does anyone have any suggestions for me? Any bra they have had success with?

(Sorry to anyone who finds this to be T.M.I, after dealing with this problem for over 3 years it has become just a regular topic of conversation for me!!)

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #1046
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars
This is a fab thread! I am around 5 foot 4" and weigh around 185-190 pounds (doctors scales say 185, mine say closer to 188! :P), I would love to lose weight but I just love eating delicious food so much!

My main problem is my bust, my bra size is a back breaking 40 HH! I did lose weight after having my DD but my breasts ballooned (I used to be 44 D) and now I have constant back pain because of them, I have been to the doctor about this but he just keeps putting me on medication which helps for an hour or so but after that wears off and I can only take the tablets once every 6 hours. I have tried so many bras and never found one that gives me excellent comfort and support. I would LOVE to find the perfect bra for my trip in November, does anyone have any suggestions for me? Any bra they have had success with?

(Sorry to anyone who finds this to be T.M.I, after dealing with this problem for over 3 years it has become just a regular topic of conversation for me!!)
I found some really supportive sport bras in Walmart after an emergency trip to the store at Disney! Mine are 40DD and its bloody difficult to find bras that don't start digging in after an hour, so I tend to wear sport bras!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #1047
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
I found some really supportive sport bras in Walmart after an emergency trip to the store at Disney! Mine are 40DD and its bloody difficult to find bras that don't start digging in after an hour, so I tend to wear sport bras!
Thanks! I will have to check this out when I am over. I wear a bigger back size than I need purely for comfort but I am guessing with sports bras I would need to stick to a 38. I never tried a sports bra before as I was afraid they wouldn't support my cup size but if they are comfy it is worth a try!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #1048
ykmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah

I use to be your size and was fortunate to have a breast reduction. I found tat a food sports bra was the most comfortable, but not flattering. See if there is a store around you that carries large bra's and go for a proper fitting. Although crazy expensive, the right bra makes a world of difference!
ykmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #1049
ppony
Artist in residence

WHY has this thread been around for 3 years and I'm just now seeing it!?!?! GREAT thread! Bookmarking and subbing! Mods, please allow this thread to stay active.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #1050
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
I buy the 42 DDD and my FAVORITE bras are ones I get at Catherine's that have thick padded shoulder straps. They never slump down and never dig in.
Most comfortable bra I've ever owned and that includes the ones I paid $150 for. Never again. These are the best, for me.
http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plu...one%20selected

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: