Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #91
Azrael
le Pays maudit

Pictures please!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #92
allmydisneydreams
Mouseketeer

Wow, now I'm worried.

We leave Thursday - doing Legoland and the beach over the weekend, then hitting Disney Monday through Friday.

I have really good plans for the early mornings - doing Tomorrowland and Adventureland Tuesday and Fantasyland Wednesday. But my thought was we'd hang around into the afternoon doing shows and wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. Maybe we'll just have to leave at noon

Oh well, we're going so hopefully it will all work out.

We have been before twice in early November and once in late April. Both times crowds were low (in the 6/7 range) and were extremely manageable. But now I am teaching full time so school breaks are our only option.

Feeling a bit nervous ....
allmydisneydreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #93
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmydisneydreams View Post
Wow, now I'm worried.

We leave Thursday - doing Legoland and the beach over the weekend, then hitting Disney Monday through Friday.

I have really good plans for the early mornings - doing Tomorrowland and Adventureland Tuesday and Fantasyland Wednesday. But my thought was we'd hang around into the afternoon doing shows and wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. Maybe we'll just have to leave at noon

Oh well, we're going so hopefully it will all work out.

We have been before twice in early November and once in late April. Both times crowds were low (in the 6/7 range) and were extremely manageable. But now I am teaching full time so school breaks are our only option.

Feeling a bit nervous ....
Don't feel nervous. As long as you get there early and are prepared for the fact that it will be busy, doing shows and soaking up the atmosphere is a perfect way to structure it. If you plan on leaving at 3 pm and you've had enough by 1 pm then just roll with it.

There is a lot to be said for the atmosphere when the parks are busy and everything is running at max capacity
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #94
KMarston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Not the picture I was looking for but it was like this at Easter 2009. DHS and MK closed 3 times that week. AK was wall to wall people.
My son and I were there! I don't remember it being that bad.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #95
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Not the picture I was looking for but it was like this at Easter 2009. DHS and MK closed 3 times that week. AK was wall to wall people.
I was there! First trip ever! I thought I was so smart taking my kids out the week before our spring break!!!! Ha, ha, ha! Thanks to being prepared (TGM then, easy wdw now) we still had a great time and have gone back several times since.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #96
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarston View Post
My son and I were there! I don't remember it being that bad.
That's what I thought too but I have put it down to not knowing any better, lol. I think if you have a strategy and are there really early you sort of 'grow' with the crowd and it doesn't have the same impact as walking into a park that is already near capacity
Old 03-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #97
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

I was there today from about 9:30 to 4 -- it was insane. But, I was still able to do a few things - got a fastpass for Buzz (for 10:15 to 11:15), then got a FP for Little Mermaid (12:15-1:15 - must say, not at all worth it). Line was nearly 80 minutes for Be Our Guest -- I was there by myself while DH was golfing, so I did the line, and just to see this restaurant and how it worked was worth it (steak sandwich was good, but the lettuce they put on it was awful). Haunted Mansion was 60 minutes, line took you down to the water level by the Liberty Belle and back up .Anybody know why the interactive queue is closed -- just because of the crowds? Didn't even try Pirates or the Mountains. Saw the 3:00 parade, and left. That was all I could take. We'll try AK tomorrow. We're only here this week because DS is with his high school band and choir, so it was worth us coming down, but wow -- after this year, we won't have kids' spring break to worry about (until grandkids), and we WON'T be doing this again.

Although I will say, with temps in the low 60s, there was NO line for Dole Whips at 2 pm.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #98
dminnie
DIS Veteran

We were there last week and it was not too crowded at all. I think it must be the combination of college spring breaks and Easter week that is making it so crowded this week.

Mind you, there were some long lines last week, but we went for the advice on this site and it was very manageable. We got there at rope drop for the first time one morning and we did morning EMHs 3 days and one evening EMH. There was only one ride all week that we waited more than 20 minutes for (although we just skipped rides if they were showing a long wait). We also took breaks in the afternoon once the parks started seeming busy and then went back in the evening.

I've been thinking about going there Thanksgiving weekend to celebrate a big birthday. Am I crazy? We're not interested in waiting in long lines at all. Maybe we could go a couple months later when it's not so busy and I could celebrate the b-day a bit (very) late. Would that be just weird?
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #99
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

DHS CMs are being told they cannot park there for the remainder of the week. They will have to park at Blizzard Beach and get shuttled to work. Crowds are now considered to be worse than at Christmas!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #100
mmtravel
Mouseketeer

Guess we are just lucky!

We were there in 2009 as well - that was the last time we were there the week before Easter, and here we are again! I remember seeing the signs for the closures but they weren't the days we planned to be there. Lucky us! (Or it's our fault? Hmm...)

We haven't been to MK yet but are planning to do EMH for a few rides and a lunch at BoG Thursday, then on to Animal Kingdom. Guess we'll see! Epcot and DHS were super crowded but manageable yesterday, and using 7am EMH at DHS was the key. Whatever, it's vacation and we're having fun together. It won't be the same as our September weekend trips when we walk right on to everything, but it is what it is!

On a side note: brrrrrr! 59 degrees is not the balmy Florida getaway I'd dreamed of, but we're still having a great time. Really crowded at Disney Quest where we were today but we still managed to have a blast!
mmtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #101
kateandkids
Earning My Ears

We are here. Did MK today - definitely the most crowded I've ever seen it! If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will!
kateandkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #102
Nasscar159
Earning My Ears

I'm going this upcoming Tuesday to a epcot!? I'm really worried about crowds
Nasscar159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #103
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasscar159 View Post
I'm going this upcoming Tuesday to a epcot!? I'm really worried about crowds
Epcot is a great park for busy times as it's size makes it a good crowd eater. We used Epcot successfully for Easter Sunday and then hopped to MK late that night and we got loads done. Just be there first thing to get your must do's out the way and then save the shows and shops and walking around for later when it is busier
Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #104
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
You couldn't pay me to be at WDW this week ... Well, I might have a price ;-)

Anyway, I could never understand why people pay all that money for a vacation then won't just take the kids out of school for a week so they can enjoy it.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using DISBoards
Believe it or not, WDW is the cheapest vacation for us. We have DVC so room is "free", Disney Visa had about $500 in rewards money, and we drove down. The week here will be less than $2000. Couldn't go anywhere else that cheap for a family of 4. Also just planned this 3 weeks ago! Better than sitting home all week!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #105
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

With the opening of fantasy land this year and the mine ride next year Disney will be raking in the money over the holiday's

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: