Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Opinion on FE Gift delivery

(I also posted on my cruise meet but would love opinions here too)

Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there.

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I personally would just leave them in the FE and take the risk. I really don't think most people mess with them.

As far as I know we've never had a problem. I wouldn't want people knocking on my door. I probably wouldn't be in the room anyway. I also wouldn't want to make more work for the state room host/hostess or even try to track them down when I was trying to deliver the gifts.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
(I also posted on my cruise meet but would love opinions here too)

Would love everyone's thoughts/opinions on delivery FE gifts ---

I've been reading off and on about some FE gift thefts. My girls and I are working really hard on our FE gifts and we'd hate to see them stolen. They also look like they might be worth "something" so the temptation will be there.

Would it be tacky to leave the FE gifts in the FE, but knock on the door and slip a note underneath saying that the gifts are outside so that they are collected immediately?

Is it better just to hand them to the room steward around 4pm in the afternoon? My DH and I would split up and deliver the gifts all at the same time on a Sea Day to catch everyone's room stewards.

We're getting on the ship late on Day 1 so we can't go to the meet.

What do you think people would prefer? We will only be delivering on the 2 Sea days since our port days will be so long. Thanks!
If you're concerned about the gifts being stolen, then by all means, deliver them on a sea day and give them to room stewards to put in the room. On our FE we had one gift delivered that way, and the room steward just put it on the bed with the Navigators. I wouldn't go the knock/note route, just because there may be people who aren't in their room, and then you will need to go back again.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

What time are the stewards around in the afternoon? I can't seem to remember...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
What time are the stewards around in the afternoon? I can't seem to remember...
They are in and out all the time. I normally would see them setting up in the hallway right before main dinner time on our cruise.

But it could be hit or miss to find the ones you need on the hallway that you need them. Honestly it takes me enough time to get around the ship and deliver the gifts. I wouldn't want to give up that much of my cruise time trying to find the hosts when I got there. The days are short enough.

Plus you might see one in the hall and think they are for youthe room you are delivering. , but they are for a different set of rooms. It just seems way too complicated.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I personally would just leave them in the FE and take the risk. I really don't think most people mess with them.

As far as I know we've never had a problem. I wouldn't want people knocking on my door. I probably wouldn't be in the room anyway. I also wouldn't want to make more work for the state room host/hostess or even try to track them down when I was trying to deliver the gifts.
I agree 100%; honestly the State Room Host/Hostess have a lot to do, and don't need the responsibility of delivering FE gifts.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Someone on my thread said to just slip a note under the door so that even if they're not "home," they know something should be in the FE.

It'd be too hard to find everyone's steward anyway, so we're not going that route.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

I placed ours in inexpensive tote bags, and wrapped the tote handle around the stateroom door handle. If they wanted to take it, it would take a few minutes for them to remove it. Not a grab and go.

Here is another idea. Slip a note in the FE and ask them to pick up your gift at your stateroom at such and such day between the hours of --- and ----- explain the reasoning why.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain

Last edited by cruisinwithmaandpa; 03-26-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: ..
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
zzelenia
Earning My Ears

We did FE before dinner and my kids did a little nook at the door, so people know that is something at their doors

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DISBoards
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Mine were too big for the FE so i emailed my group that I would place them against the door with the date and approximate time. None were taken.

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

tictoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

I had my item in a small gift bag. I tied the bag to the fish with a pipe cleaner. I did this to keep it safe....

I should add, I put it behind the FE
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

I would just chance it or attach it like previous posters suggested... I definitely would not knock... you run the risk of waking a sleeping baby (or worse yet, a sleeping adult!)!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! All great ideas! I think I will put it in a small bag and zip tie it to the fish behind the FE and slip a note under the door to look there . Thanks for the ideas!!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Sounds like some great suggestions here. For the record though, I would be LIVID if someone knocked on my door for an FE gift. Both of my kids are very light sleepers and trying to get them to nap (because they still need it) is hard enough. It's an FE gift, not UPS.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #15
F2superstar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
I had my item in a small gift bag. I tied the bag to the fish with a pipe cleaner. I did this to keep it safe....

I should add, I put it behind the FE
Brilliant idea. Thank you.
F2superstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: