Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
The pool is a big factor. That's why I decided on AKL over WL was because AKL has 2 great pools and 2 waterside.
Is the pool that small at the Poly??
The Poly pool is too small for the number of people staying at the Poly. Personally, I have felt that at times it was too crowded to get into. However, my DD loves that pool and the volcano slide. A plus is that you can see Cinderella's castle at the MK from the Poly pool. The main pool at AKL is very large and never feels crowded. The Kidani pool is smaller, but still an ok size and the splash area at Kidani is great!

Quote:
We had considered a split stay, but its very confusing with tickets/dining plan. I am hoping for a good discount on the room rate and paying OOP for the dining plan, but if I did the discount (if one becomes available) can I do a split stay and apply the discount to each reservation?
I love the idea of a split stay, and getting to experience both resorts.
This is all new to me, so any info is greatly appreciated, thank-you!!
We do splits all the time, mostly on room-only reservations. You can get a package with the DDP for one resort, but doing it for both would require that you buy a ticket (even just a one-day one) at the 2nd resort. Some people do a package for part of the trip and then pay OOP for dining on the other half. When we do a split, we generally like to end up at the resort with the larger room so we don't feel like we downgraded somehow (so we did AKL first, Poly 2nd).

Quote:
We have a lot of ADR's..is it difficult to get to them? For example we have;
*Chef Mickey's
*Ohana dinner and breakfast
*Cape May Chef
*Boma (if we stay at AKL)
*T-rex
And others that we will do while in the parks.
What we did was do all MK/Epcot days while at the Poly (including most monorail dining), and do all AKL/DHS/AK days when staying at AKL. So Chef M and 'Ohana at the Poly. Boma when at AKL. And T-Rex and Cape May really wouldn't make a difference -- you would have to use the bus system to get to either of them from AKL or the Poly. (Cape May is easy to get to from Epcot or DHS though).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: