Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
Chewy shrimp, rubbery Mahi Mahi and small portions. Lobster bisque was watery and had an unpleasant flavor.
Yep, that sounds right. It's because it's all farm raised. Farm raised shrimp in particular are one of the most bacteria ridden things you can put in your mouth - more gross than most people realize.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
sabcook
Mouseketeer

We had lunch there in December mostly because my DS wanted desperately to see the marine life while we ate. I had heard all the negative reviews and so went with fairly low expectations. That said, the atmosphere was great, the service was fine, and the food was ok. The food was so rich and heavy that I couldn't cone close to finishing (I had the lobster mac). My husband and I shared the started sampler and that was probably the best part of the meal for me. The Chocolate wave was ok, but after all the other food it made me a little queasy (we were on the DXDP so had three courses). All in all, I don't regret going, but I am glad that it was just one lunch and I really don't think we'll go back again.
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
catra121
DIS Veteran

I love Coral Reef. It has been one of the best meals we've had the past two times I went. I've always gotten the NY Strip Steak which was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. I ALWAYS use A1 sauce with my steaks and didn't even have to ask for it here because the steak was melt in your mouth good. Others in my family had seafood and they loved their meals as well. And the napoleon cheesecake is a nice, light dessert so even when not on the dining plan I order it. I like the light desserts because sometimes the chocolate ones can be too heavy for me with touring the parks for the rest of the day. It's become a tradition for me to have my first meal of the trip here at Coral Reef. Always starts the trip out on a good note.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

We have eaten lunch here the fast few Septembers

Always enjoyed it. DD10 insists we eat here every trip. I always order the steak, so I can't comment on the other dishes. DH has tried the mahi mahi and loved it. The chocolate Wave is my favorite desert in all of WDW....almost tied with the PB&J creme brulee at FF.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

Kids loved the decorate your own sundae at the end, and the Chocolate Wave is one of my favorite Disney desserts.

Entrees were good, service was average to below-average. I would go again.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
tmanaster
Mouseketeer

Ate at Coral Reef for lunch last month with my daughter. I thought it was just ok but the setting is very pretty. I would go somewhere else in Epcot next time. I wrote a review of it here-
http://roadtriptheworld.com/2013/03/...-world-part-6/

Have a great trip!
Visit us at www.roadtriptheworld.com

Many DW visits as a child First Family Trip POR 2005 AS Movies 2006
ASMu/Fort Wilderness Cabins 2008 Pop Century 2010
Disney Princess Half Marathon~ Mom and Daughter trip! POR February 2011
Disney Princess Half Marathon Mom and Daughter trip! All Star Sports 2013
tmanaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

We did this in november. I booked it knowing the online community had some harsh reviews.

For us? We loved it! It was our sleeper hit of the trip. Great atmosphere with the tanks, good food, good appetizers, reasonable for disney, $20 per entree. For us it was a big win!
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: