Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I love the photos with your parents!

I've never gotten the Plus version of PhotoPass - only the regular PhotoPass. Are you only getting the digital download versions of the files, or are they sending you the CD in addition to the digital files?

At this point I almost wonder, what would a trip to DLR be without some kind of saga? I practically expect the sagas on my trips, so I am comforted to know that sagas are occurring on other trips too (though not if they are horrendous events, of course, but just momentary inconveniences!)!

Did I read correctly that you all took a wrong turn on the shortcut path? I did too, on my very first solo run on the shortcut route back in 2008! Obviously I made it from the PPH to the GCH just fine - it's hard to miss the GCH right across the street - but I took a wrong turn once inside the GCH and didn't end up where I wanted to be. Then I had to backtrack. (And, coincidentally, it was also when I was headed to the ticket booths to take care of getting my AP!)

Of course, once you realize exactly where you're going along the shortcut you never forget it, as I'm sure you discovered! I didn't know that the PPH was handing out maps for the shortcut? When did they start doing that? They used to direct people to take a rather circuitous route that bypassed the GCH entirely.

Another thing that parallels your trip - on that 2008 trip, when I got lost on my first solo shortcut run, my room was also on the 5th floor of the PPH...facing the pool area!!
They gave me a resort map at check-in and drew all over it where to go. I overheard them doing the same for another guest when I visited the desk another time.

As for getting lost, I was lagging behind with little ones while DH and the two tall kids were in front, so when we should have turned left at the lobby, they continued down the hall next to it. We got outside before they/I realized we were headed for the DCA entrance instead of DTD. I think I knew before they did, but I didn't want to yell in the lobby and knew we wouldn't get far if they were lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
I'm so jealous that you didn't actually have to switch times! That was an issue for us, since our kids normally go to bed at 7:30 (AZ time). With shorter hours already, we didn't feel like leaving before park closing! I'm excited to hear how the rest of your trip went and to see you pictures!
My kids are a little older, so even the youngest goes to bed 8/8:30 at home. He was a trooper -- even at WDW at 6.5, he did great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Nice to hear that you got to upgrade your ticket to the DAP. It looked really busy that day. Can't wait to read your first day at the parks.
It was busy that first night. I could tell from the time we got to DTD. I think I entered Disneyland right after the parade (they were still sweeping up on Main Street), which probably made it look even more busy right then.

I got all of my Photopass pictures downloaded digitally (only took 1.5 hours to arrive once I ordered it) and I'm trying to get them organized with my trip pictures. I may make a short detour and do a single post on my son's visit to DLR last weekend, just because teenagers are (unintentionally) hilarious and I'm grateful my son still likes Disney stuff.

And DD10 wants to be Walt Disney for her famous American project at school!! Finally, a project I don't mind helping her research!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: