Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Shagley
If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will run you down.

Alamo - additional driver question

Does anyone know if you can go back and add an additional driver after the car has already been picked up?

We won't be flying into MCO, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I will be flying in on a 2:30pm flight. I want to pick up the car and run some errands before I pick up my sister from an 8pm flight. Does anyone know if it would be possible to then go back to the Alamo counter after I pick her up and have her added as a 2nd driver to the rental car? I don't really want to be the only driver for the entire week.

Thanks!

Shagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagley View Post
Does anyone know if you can go back and add an additional driver after the car has already been picked up?

We won't be flying into MCO, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I will be flying in on a 2:30pm flight. I want to pick up the car and run some errands before I pick up my sister from an 8pm flight. Does anyone know if it would be possible to then go back to the Alamo counter after I pick her up and have her added as a 2nd driver to the rental car? I don't really want to be the only driver for the entire week.

Thanks!
Yes, you can go back to the Alamo counter at the location where you rented the car and add the driver. IE: if you rent the car at MCO, you need to go back to MCO to add the driver. ( I know you said you won't be flying into MCO, just using MCO as an example.)
All this information, btw, is on the Alamo site under Customer Support. Click on it and many FAQs are there.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Shagley
If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will run you down.

Thanks gmeh1!! I was hoping you would see my question since you are the resident Alamo expert!!

Shagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagley View Post
Thanks gmeh1!! I was hoping you would see my question since you are the resident Alamo expert!!
You are most welcome. Not an expert, but, thanks for the compliment.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Actually you can go to any Alamo with your paperwork, the second driver and his license, etc. I was down a few months ago and got the car at the airport and my husband came a few days later. I was trying to figure out how to easily do this without having to pay for parking etc, meet my husband and all that and they said I could do it at any location so I picked him up and then we went to lunch at the Polynesian and took care of it at the Car Care Center.

I know you work for them gmeh but this is what I was told by the airport counter at MCO and it worked for me no problem. They just said I had to have all my paperwork.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Actually you can go to any Alamo with your paperwork, the second driver and his license, etc. I was down a few months ago and got the car at the airport and my husband came a few days later. I was trying to figure out how to easily do this without having to pay for parking etc, meet my husband and all that and they said I could do it at any location so I picked him up and then we went to lunch at the Polynesian and took care of it at the Car Care Center.

I know you work for them gmeh but this is what I was told by the airport counter at MCO and it worked for me no problem. They just said I had to have all my paperwork.

Liz
Thanks Liz. I no longer work for National/Alamo. I was quoting the official stance on their policy, nice to see they can be flexible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: