DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #2116
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch
Your closing IMG tag has a backslash, rather than a forward slash

Looks like 5516 (or 5518), what was your original assigned villa?
Impressive. We're in 5516. We're just 3 (DD is 12) and the studio has felt plenty large enough for us (we stay in 1BRs a lot).

I think our original room was maybe 2109?? I know it was 2nd floor and an odd ending, which didn't match up with room #s you had recommended (x504). Since I was pretty confident our original room wasn't ready at 7, that not many others if any had checked in that day, and we got a terrible 1st floor view last time - I asked at the desk for something better.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #2117
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
It was pretty noticeable. I didn't like the looks of our initially assigned room and asked about a switch (we checked in at 7 am) and got this instead.

Nice!!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #2118
Fellowship9798
The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face
I'm holding out for something in California

Quote:

Impressive. We're in 5516. We're just 3 (DD is 12) and the studio has felt plenty large enough for us (we stay in 1BRs a lot).

I think our original room was maybe 2109?? I know it was 2nd floor and an odd ending, which didn't match up with room #s you had recommended (x504). Since I was pretty confident our original room wasn't ready at 7, that not many others if any had checked in that day, and we got a terrible 1st floor view last time - I asked at the desk for something better.
Hey, we just checked out of 5516 on Friday morning. Hope we left it in good condition for you. Loved the room and the view. It was right next door to the 1BR we stayed at back when VGC first opened.

Step 1: Convert girlfriend (now wife) into Disney fan. MISSION COMPLETE
Step 2: Brainwash my firstborn to similar state. MISSION COMPLETE
Step 3: Brainwash second child before she knows any better. MISSION COMPLETE

What's next? Work on the dog?
Fellowship9798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #2119
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship9798

Hey, we just checked out of 5516 on Friday morning. Hope we left it in good condition for you. Loved the room and the view. It was right next door to the 1BR we stayed at back when VGC first opened.
Yep, it's prefect.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #2120
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Hello!
Does anyone there know what days DCA opens for magic mornings now that Carsland is open ?
And does everybody get carded by the entrance ? I'm wondering if I have to bring my kids room keys or not.
Thanks
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #2121
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca
Hello!
Does anyone there know what days DCA opens for magic mornings now that Carsland is open ?
And does everybody get carded by the entrance ? I'm wondering if I have to bring my kids room keys or not.
Thanks
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday for DCA.

We only had to show one key, but I've seen others mention being asked for everyone's.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #2122
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Disneyland Early Admission Options -- official site
Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread -- long thread, but only read the first post and the last few pages
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #2123
cseca

Thanks Snurk71 and Nonsuch!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #2124
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

We just did EE at DCA again today and aCM was giving the family behind us a hard time because they only had 3 of their 4 room keys. They did end up letting them in though.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #2125
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We just returned from our first trip to the Grand Californian. We stayed in a 1-bedroom and enjoyed almost everything about it. One word of advice to newcomers: Pack your own toilet paper! I have never seen such low quality toilet paper in my life. Even the t.p. in the parks is higher quality than what they provide at the GC. Very odd given the cost (high points) needed to stay there.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #2126
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Is there a concierge or ticket desk inside the GCH? I have a 2br villa reserved for Sunday 4/14 - Friday 4/19, 5 nights and 6 days. We're staying the Saturday night prior 4/13 across the street at Desert Inn. Originally I was going to check in at 6 am and get started in EMH at CA on Sunday and have a non-park day in the middle of our trip on Wednesday. But our family tends to be late risers and the idea of waking up later on Wednesday for EMH was sounding better and better. So then I decided to switch things around and have Sunday be our non-park day but we'd have to give up our one chance to see Fantasmic.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add a 6th day to our tickets. I think it makes perfect sense that if we're going to be staying there for 5 nights and 6 days, to allow us to add a 6th day. I know there are no guarantees though and it may depend on getting lucky on approaching the right ticket cast member at the main ticket booths. I was hoping that I might have a better chance by talking to the ticket people at GCH and explaining that since I am staying there for the 5 nights and 6 days, could I add the 6th day?

Any thoughts on how likely this might be?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #2127
cseca

Quote:
We just did EE at DCA again today and aCM was giving the family behind us a hard time because they only had 3 of their 4 room keys. They did end up letting them in though.
Thanks I'll be sure to bring everyone's tix then. I just hate to bring so many cards.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #2128
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya View Post
Ideally, I'd like to be able to add a 6th day to our tickets. I think it makes perfect sense that if we're going to be staying there for 5 nights and 6 days, to allow us to add a 6th day. I know there are no guarantees though and it may depend on getting lucky on approaching the right ticket cast member at the main ticket booths. I was hoping that I might have a better chance by talking to the ticket people at GCH and explaining that since I am staying there for the 5 nights and 6 days, could I add the 6th day?

I assume you are asking whether you could add an extra day to the 5-day ticket that is sold (5 days being the maximum)? While I can't say for 100% sure, I can say I think that is highly unlikely. The ticket pricing is set by corporate management, and I am pretty positive the people selling the tickets would not have the authority to set their own pricing for a 6-day ticket. The pricing is tiered in a very specific way: to go from a 3-day to a 4-day ticket costs an extra $25 (per adult), to go from a 4-day to a 5-day costs an extra $15, and to go from a 5-day to a 6-day ticket would cost what...? The ticket sellers would not have the authority to make that call.

Of course, you always have the option to purchase an extra 1-day ticket for $125 (or $87 without hopping privileges), but I doubt that is what you are looking to do.
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #2129
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya View Post
Is there a concierge or ticket desk inside the GCH? I have a 2br villa reserved for Sunday 4/14 - Friday 4/19, 5 nights and 6 days. We're staying the Saturday night prior 4/13 across the street at Desert Inn. Originally I was going to check in at 6 am and get started in EMH at CA on Sunday and have a non-park day in the middle of our trip on Wednesday. But our family tends to be late risers and the idea of waking up later on Wednesday for EMH was sounding better and better. So then I decided to switch things around and have Sunday be our non-park day but we'd have to give up our one chance to see Fantasmic.

Looks like mixed results. Here is a thread on the Disneyland board that may be of some help:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ding+extra+day
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #2130
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya

Others have reported being able to do this at Guest Services. The 5 day max was implemented to stop ticket renters. However others have reported being told No. I'd check in with guest services or your concierge and ask, not a ticket booth.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: