Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #451
peteykirch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.
JetBlue is only booking to the 26th of October, and I need the 27th, everyday I go to their website hoping it updated, but nope.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #452
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxrocks View Post
We went ahead and grabbed tickets on SW even before see what Frontiers fares are like. SW had almost the perfect non-stop flights for us from DEN and the ticket prices were really reasonable, especially considering no additional baggage fees. We paid just over $300 a piece for our tix. They have since gone up in price.

Chris
I may eat my words but $300 plus $25 (RT EBCI fee) times 5 tix on SW doesn't appeal at all. Yesterday, Frontier's summer airfare to Tampa (where we will likely fly, attending a wedding before WDW) was $205 plus $20 for a checked bag with assigned seats and that is why I am waiting for them.
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #453
foltzy
Mouseketeer
 
foltzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Does frontier fly out of Philly or Baltimore/Washington? I can check them too. I'm all about finding cheap airfare.
They fly out of both. We want to fly out of Harrisburg so we wait and see or if we're going to drive to Philly or BWI.
__________________
Liz
foltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #454
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by foltzy View Post

They fly out of both. We want to fly out of Harrisburg so we wait and see or if we're going to drive to Philly or BWI.
Awesome! Ill check them out too....thank you!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #455
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 486

The last 2 times we went to WDW we flew non-stop. But that is 6.5 hours on a plane from Seattle!! This time we are going for layovers in Denver and perhaps Ft. Worth, so we can at least get out and stretch our legs!! Last week I saw fares that were 262 but now its back up to 390+!! Didnt have the cash last week but hopefully I can catch another one of those deals before we leave. After last week I put aside cash so next time I wont be caught "empty handed" lol
__________________
Me DD

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #456
freckles04
DIS Veteran
 
freckles04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 967

Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.
__________________
ME: DS10:

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #457
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.
That's a good question....my kids want to swim too when we go down. I may or may not. I need warm weather to swim, my kids and husband don't care lol I was looking at the weather channel app in October for the weather, just to get an idea. And it looked like low 80's was about average. But there were days around 90 too.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #458
Bus36
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience."
 
Bus36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.
I'm not an airline expert, but SW basically does their round trips by just putting two one way segments together. I don't know of a disadvantage of just purchasing the 1st leg now one-way, if you're sure of the date and are happy with the price, and then book the trip back one-way when they are released.

I'm also flying out of BWI and $127 seems to be the bottom. (My return flight was $104 for like 2-3 days when the schedule was released then quickly went to $127). For the flight to MCO, the time is more important to me, so I did choose a $160 flight. I was happy with the less than $300 round trip and 2 nonstop flights exactly at the times I wanted.
Bus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #459
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post

I'm not an airline expert, but SW basically does their round trips by just putting two one way segments together. I don't know of a disadvantage of just purchasing the 1st leg now one-way, if you're sure of the date and are happy with the price, and then book the trip back one-way when they are released.

I'm also flying out of BWI and $127 seems to be the bottom. (My return flight was $104 for like 2-3 days when the schedule was released then quickly went to $127). For the flight to MCO, the time is more important to me, so I did choose a $160 flight. I was happy with the less than $300 round trip and 2 nonstop flights exactly at the times I wanted.
I want a 6:00 flight out and a late flight home. I don't care if I'm pulling in my drive way at 1:00 in the morning. I'm making the most out of the 8 days we're going to be there.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #460
partypa
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 438

The weather is perfect for swimming in October, no worries on that
partypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #461
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypa View Post
The weather is perfect for swimming in October, no worries on that
Yay! My kids want to go on the bug serpent slide at POFQ. They'll be happy
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #462
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I want a 6:00 flight out and a late flight home. I don't care if I'm pulling in my drive way at 1:00 in the morning. I'm making the most out of the 8 days we're going to be there.
Same here! Getting the earliest flight I can there and the latest out!!
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #463
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 408

My jaw just dropped... I am now SO glad I purchased our Delta fares last week. Sun Country released their fares from MSP over the weekend at $410 NS (not bad, matches SWA from MSP). Today Delta's NS fares are over $700, and their layover fares are over $650!!! Just crazy insane! For others who are flying from MSP, good luck and I sincerely hope Delta come's to their senses and flights come down in price and realize us Minnesotans like to enjoy "MEA" break - or I guess just look to SWA or Sun Country for your flights?
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 6


TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #464
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer
 
SlightlyocdDisneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 325

Another CM mentioned May or June

Today, a CM mentioned that I should watch for special offers in May or June for our trip in October. This is the second CM that has suggested that without prompting -possibly, just based on their experience or else perhaps the script they are given?
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #465
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
Today, a CM mentioned that I should watch for special offers in May or June for our trip in October. This is the second CM that has suggested that without prompting -possibly, just based on their experience or else perhaps the script they are given?
I just talked to 2 CM's the other night and both of them told me they haven't heard anything. I hope your right because we go in October too!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: