Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #316
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad Final Night Whirlwind

Dinner was done right around 10:00 and we dashed straight up to Shutters to make our final photo selections. As I mentioned in my post on Day 3 about our Shutters experience it was a mob scene up there. We could barely find a spot to look at our photos so I decided to purchase a photo disc, with the ability to unlock 10 photos at a later date, so I could make my selections at a more leisurely pace at home.

Right at 10:15 we scurried down to watch the See Ya’ Real Soon show in the main atrium lobby. We would have stayed at Shutters and just peered over the balcony, but I’m pretty sure every guest on board was in the mid-ship atrium area at this moment and the balcony space was totally occupied. Plus the best photos are a ground level anyway.

At the atrium show the characters all come out to say goodbye and do meet and greets and photos one last time. Being the Disney geek I am I of course needed to see the characters one last time. I took photos as they came down the stairs, making sure to stay until my main mouse Mickey appeared, but then we had to leave before the meet and greet lines started.

We left early mostly because we still had to make the mad dash upstairs to put the luggage outside the door by 10:30. (Again, if you can do this before your late dinner or show I’d recommend it.)

With the luggage safely out we raced down to The Tube to try to catch the ventriloquist’s adult show. It started at 10:30, and it was about 10:40, so it was already packed in there. We decided to pass on the show and take a leisurely walk out on deck where we reflected on the happiest parts of the cruise and tried not to think about how it was our last night. Departure depression had definitely set in.

We finally kicked the towel animal off the bed around 11:15 and curled up on our comfy bed for the last time.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #317
Dawncala

See Ya Real Soon

We stumbled into Animator’s Palate at 8:45 AM bleary eyed and sullen. Guest suitcases lined the hallway and were wedged in between tables. The atmosphere of the guests in the room was pretty gloomy to say the least, but our servers were bright eyed and perky as usual.

The See Ya Real Soon breakfast menu is probably my least favorite. There is nothing unique about the offerings and the food always tastes like leftovers to me. I’m sure this is partly because some of it is leftovers, but also because I’m usually in a fairly blue mood right about now.

The kids discovered if we held up our water glasses the reflection from the lights made a Mickey head.

This is an example of one of the strange photos I took just for kicks.

We still had a mango, which was given to us in Costa Maya, so we cut it up to eat with breakfast.

They call it "For a Sweet Journey". I call it "The all-carb special".

They call it "Route 66". I call it the "High-protein power option"

They call it the "Omelet Map" I called this the "OCD Special" because everything was lined up so neatly.

They started calling for All Ashore around 9:30. We hugged our servers one last time, gathered our handful of carry-on bags, and made our way to the exit in the Deck 3 atrium. I swear we all looked like we were headed toward the gallows.

With a last swipe of our key-to-the-world cards our Disney cruise was officially over.

We easily found our luggage by the big Tinkerbell banner. Since most families have the early breakfast seating and were already off the ship the customs lines were fairly short. We found our car rental company courtesy shuttle right outside and before we knew it we were in our rental car on the way to the Orlando airport. (We use Avis)
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #318
Dawncala

There’s No Place Like Home

The rest of the trip was easy-peasy. We hung out in the Orlando International airport for a while, walked around, shopped and took some photos.

DD is putting on a brave face, but DS's reflects how he felt about the cruise being over.

We thought it was funny that Perry sitting there made Mickey look cross-eyed.

One of the statues you can find by the Orlando Airport Disney store. - By the way...Where's Perry?

Then we had a long layover in Minneapolis where we walked around, shopped, had dinner, and took some more photos.

We pulled into our driveway just after midnight (Pacific Standard Time) exhausted, but ready to go again.

THE END

– Thank you so much for taking time to read this and for your wonderful comments. I hope you all get the opportunity to sail on the Fantasy or at least with Disney Cruise Line sometime soon.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #319
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I'm the 1st to say "Thank You"!!! What a great report full of great tips, beautiful photos and humor! I'm sad it's over...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #320
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

Thanks for helping us relive this great cruise. You finished just in time as we're going on the Fantasy eastern loop 5/4-5/11 where we'll create more wonderful DCL memories.

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #321
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Fantastic TR... I read the entire thing this evening! The antics of Perry were a hoot! And now I want to book a cruise on the Fantasy more than ever. Thanks for sharing your cruise!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #322
Dawncala

Thank you everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Your kind comments put me on .

Have a great cruise Strawberry! I will keep an eye out for a trip report.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #323
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

thanks for doing this trip report - it was EPIC! lots of great photos (esp. food) and showing lots of different activities, the room, and it was nice to see your family having such a great time. thanks for your effort
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #324
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Wonderful trip report! Thanks so much for posting so many photos! I really enjoyed reading it.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #325
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

This was fantastic! Really enjoyed! How did you request Palo soufflé? Just ask your server?
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #326
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great review! Thanks for sharing!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #327
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Awesome Cruise trip report!!!

You did an AWESOME job writing this trip report! Now I have a really good idea about what to expect if we should ever decide to take a cruise. Thanks for all the great photos and all the time you spent filling us in!

~Ninja Mom
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #328
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by meajuly5 View Post
This was fantastic! Really enjoyed! How did you request Palo soufflé? Just ask your server?

Yes. We just asked our server (who consulted with her section lead) a day or two in advance. Remember there are no guarantees, and we were reminded of that on our most recent cruise (Feb 15, 2013) We asked for a Palo chocolate souffle again and we were very, very politely denied. Apparently so many people have been asking for them that they've been having to say no to that request. You might get lucky on your cruise though. Just in case, make sure to make dinner reservations in Palo and have one (or more) then.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #329
Elain3crowder
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
An Unforgettable Journey

The final show in the Walt Disney Theater is titled “An Unforgettable Journey” and provides a pretty decent wrap-up for the cruise. I was thankful that it was not so heart tugging that I ended up bawling by the end. I think it was just enough to make one melancholy about it being the last night on board.

The show was filled with the usual variety of Disney song and dance numbers and there is a slide show with pictures taken of guests during the cruise. Our family did not make it into the slide show, but there were a few people we recognized. The best reaction was when they put up a photo of two Japanese girls. I think by the end of the cruise there wasn’t a single person who had not encountered them somewhere. We bumped into them many times and they definitely left a lasting impression. They always had on the cutest Disney outfits and accessories, were usually wearing mouse ears or Minnie bows and were carrying autograph books and cameras. I think they must have been at every character meet-and-greet because that is where we saw them the most. They also almost always had front row seats at the shows too and tonight was not an exception. They were sitting front and center when their picture was displayed, and while they shyly giggled the rest of the audience whooped it up for them.

There was one disappointing moment at the show though. A part of the show references the new Animation show in Animator’s Palate. Anyone with our particular dining rotation, with late dinner seating, hadn’t seen the Animation show yet (it was tonight) so it was kind of a spoiler for us. Hopefully they correct that so everyone has a chance to see the Animation show before the farewell show.
We r leaving may 4th on the fantasy. The only night available to get into dinner at palo was the last night. why do they save the animators palate show for the last night? Didn't u eat there 2 days before? Is this typical? I was hoping we wouldn't miss anything but if we get your rotation we will
Elain3crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #330
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

What a fantastic trip report. Thank you so much. If possible, I am even more excited for our cruise on the Fantasy in October after reading this
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: