Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Sanaa @ AKL - only restaurant in Disney World where you can view animals while eating, and has very good food. I know you say you have picky eaters but they do have a fish and a steak options. If you do go to Sanaa go while it is light outside.

Kona Cafe @ Polynesian - Excellent breakfast (best brekfast in all of Disney World) and is know for its tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes among many other delicious choices. Also very good for dinner.

Via Napoli @ Epcot - IMO only good pizza on Disney property

WPE or Earl of Sandwich @ DD - very good options and good food. Both are counter service

Yak & Yetti @ AK - very good food

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #17
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

MK: Honestly, CRT dinner is the only place I would consider above avg. for a full meal at dinner. Plaza Restaurant is very good for what they sell, if you don't mind sandwiches for dinner. We don't mind Tony's for a lunch spot, but I wouldn't waste a dinner on it. LTT dinner is very similar to Cracker Barrel, except there's no menu to choose from. If you really like CB, you'll like LTT.

AK: Yak & Yeti. If that type of food doesn't appeal to your group, try Rainforest Cafe.

DHS: You have it covered. If you need a 2nd meal there, Hollywood Brown Derby is the best restaurant in the park by far. Since you're not using DDP, you could order as much or as little as you like. Although it's a signature restaurant, it's very kid friendly. I don't think your kids could possible be worse than some of the kids I've seen there. At least you care about their behavior in nice restaurants, which says a lot about your parenting skills. Kudos to you.

Epcot: I see you have Teppan Edo. If you're looking for another Epcot restaurant, Les Chefs de France would be our first choice of the non-signature restaurants based on food alone. It has a bustling atmosphere. San Angel Inn has an outstanding atmosphere & the food is pretty good for authentic Mexican. It's not Tex-Mex. It is very dark in there, if anyone in your party has a hard time seeing. Tutto Italia is pretty good, but we don't feel it's worth the OOP prices. We'd rather add a little $ to what we would have paid there & have a signature meal. If everyone in your party likes pizza, you should try Via Napoli. It's very reasonable for a Disney restaurant.

DTD: We like House of Blues, but it can get very loud in there. If that doesn't bother you, we think the food is worth the trip. We actually prefer the food over Raglan Road, but I always recommend going with your first choice.

It would help to know which hotel you're staying in. That would help with restaurant suggestions in the area.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill, Via Napoli, Coral Reef.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I didnt read the previous posts, sorry if this has been repeated...

grandpa doesnt do buffets, but what about all-you-can-eat? Ohana is an all you can eat restaurant. I personally find the quality of the food to be below average.

Via Napoli & Tutto Italia are both very good, Via is my fave thou. Delicious!

Chefs de France is also wonderful! The bonus is that the kids will get to see Remy! (Lunch only, Remy does his last round at 520pm).

We also like Teppan Edo. Yum! And its quite entertaining.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
AAmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks Everyone. I am the OP, and you all have given me some good suggestions. I am gonna go look at the menus now! Someone asked where we were staying- Shades of Green, close to the Polynesian
AAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Definitely look into the Grand Floridian Cafe. My parents and I enjoyed it quite a bit. They have a good variety on the menu and the atmosphere was pleasant.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Adistar
Mouseketeer

Location: Stoughton Massachusetts, 1332 Miles away from our happy place!

I second Via Napoli and Wolfgang Puck in DTD. We also enjoy San Angel inn and whispering canyon cafe. Anything in Epcot is a good choice in my eyes.
Dec 2010- CBR Trip for hubby and I
April 2011- Poly trip! Planned in 3 weeks!
October 2012- BWV!
June 2013- Adults only 3 day trip. BWV
January 2014- 3 day cruise on Disney Dream, 4 days at BLT
Adistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Since I don't know what "picky" means for your family, I will tell you what 3 additional non buffets places my family enjoys...I agree with you, off to check the menus
I would suggest--

Coral Reef -it gets, mixed reviews, mostly for the slow service but we have always enjoyed the food and the kids love the fish tank

Garden Grill- one of DHs favorite meals

Hood De Doo Musical Review- good food, FUN show
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #24
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

We are non adventurous eaters. Our DD is super picky (pouches, chicken nuggets/fingers, fries, pepperoni pizza, and some fruits)

We really enjoy Via Napoli, Big River Grille, Captain's Grille, and Grand Floridian Cafe all for dinner. The last two were awesome with working with us to find DD something she would eat. The first two had food she eats.

We also enjoy Rainforest Cafe but it scares some kids.

We are eat in our room breakfast people except one breakfast buffet and grab yummy snack stuff for lunch.

If we did grab CS some of our favorite is Wolfgang Puck Express.

Hope this helps!

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
nanni
Mouseketeer

Yak & Yeti, Rose & Crown, Kouzzina, Via Napoli
nanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
Cee
DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. Good food, great fun and if the kids get out of hand, the CMs will collect napkins and tie them to their chairs. Don't believe me? Ask my DD(in the middle in the avatar). It happened to her when she was 8.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Liberty Tree Tavern! This will be our first trip without eating there at I keep second guessing myself but we're trying to try new places.

Also, we really like the sit down restaurant at POR... its name escapes me at the moment, sorry.
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

50s Prime Time Cafe in HS might be a good option. It has good down home cooking and grampa might get a kick out of the atmosphere there and it's pretty friendly on the wallet.

Liberty Tree Tavern might be fun for y'all too. Lots of nice choices.

My favorite hidden gem is the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. It's never crowded and it's a great place for a steak!
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #29
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Boatwright's... that's the name of the restaurant at POR
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Based on your limitations and the make up of your party, I would suggest Coral Reef at Epcot. It is great for the kids (aquarium wall) and a good menu for picky eaters. It gets mixed reviews but we have always enjoyed it. It was one of two restaurants my kids want to go to again. The other was the previously suggested Sanaa. I am not sure the trek to AKL and having picky eaters makes that a good option for you but we loved it. It was out must do for our upcoming trip.
delgrec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: