Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

BOG Latest Time for Lunch

Planning to go to BOG on our arrival day. What is the latest time that lunch is served, and will there still be a line at that time? Thanks!!
Supermom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

I was just told by my TA that the last one is at 2, then it switches to dinner. We are going to try for BOG for lunch one day in October and then dinner on another day.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

The CM I just spoke to told me that the line often cuts off at 10:30 in the morning, and people wait in line until 2:30 to eat lunch. That doesn't sound right to me. I know people line up early to eat lunch, but a 4 hour wait seems excessive.

She did not know what time they stop serving lunch.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
Thanks!

The CM I just spoke to told me that the line often cuts off at 10:30 in the morning, and people wait in line until 2:30 to eat lunch. That doesn't sound right to me. I know people line up early to eat lunch, but a 4 hour wait seems excessive.

She did not know what time they stop serving lunch.
Maybe the CM meant that lunch starts at 10:30 and the line cuts off at 2:30 which sounds MUCH more accurate. It is DEFINITELY not a 4 hr wait. We got in line at 11am and sat by 11:25. The longest waits I've heard so far have been up to about 45 min. up to possibly an hr. Who would wait in line for 4 hrs??
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
xApril
DIS Veteran

I've heard different things but I'd definitely try to be in line before 2pm.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

They have been cutting off the line between 2-2:30. As far as I know the exact time is not consistent so I'd recommend being there by 1:55 to be safe. Each time I have done lunch there I've gotten in line at 1:00-1:30 and waited about 20 minutes to place my order. Not too bad. I wouldn't wait that long for many other restaurants, but BOG is worth it!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
memma05
Earning My Ears

We really want to give it a try this trip! When we were there in December the line came all the way to the fantasyland entrance almost! Is it still that long? My 4 year old DD would love it!! Do you choose which area you sit in for lunch?
memma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
They have been cutting off the line between 2-2:30. As far as I know the exact time is not consistent so I'd recommend being there by 1:55 to be safe. Each time I have done lunch there I've gotten in line at 1:00-1:30 and waited about 20 minutes to place my order. Not too bad. I wouldn't wait that long for many other restaurants, but BOG is worth it!
Thanks so much. We are planning to go on our arrival day getting to the park around 2:00. If we don't make it this day, we'll just try a different day.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memma05 View Post
We really want to give it a try this trip! When we were there in December the line came all the way to the fantasyland entrance almost! Is it still that long? My 4 year old DD would love it!! Do you choose which area you sit in for lunch?
The line can certainly be longer during peak times, but like I said - when I go around 1:00-1:30 I've only had to wait about 20 minutes to order. The line is usually all the way down the bridge but moves fairly quickly. Don't believe a CM who tells you it'll be 60 minutes; they've been known to exaggerate the wait times. Seating is entirely up to you and all three rooms are open for lunch.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
memma05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post

The line can certainly be longer during peak times, but like I said - when I go around 1:00-1:30 I've only had to wait about 20 minutes to order. The line is usually all the way down the bridge but moves fairly quickly. Don't believe a CM who tells you it'll be 60 minutes; they've been known to exaggerate the wait times. Seating is entirely up to you and all three rooms are open for lunch.
Thanks so much! We will give it a try!! Can't wait
memma05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: