Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #316
phi2012
Mouseketeer
 
phi2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Devon UK
Posts: 156

That's great thanks.

For us, it's just with using some adult credits, some child credits, paying oop for some kids meals and at some places oop for adult meals too, it's all getting quite confusing.

I'll just have to try and track them as best as possible. But good to know we won't get in trouble if I get it wrong by a meal. Thanks.
__________________
ME DH DD5 DD3 DD0
phi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #317
MC0810
Mouseketeer
 
MC0810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 324

for the qsdp, if my son wants to get two sides of fries for his 2 sides, instead of 1 side of fries, and a cookie..is that possible?
__________________
May 2011 ~ POP
Sep 2011 ~ POP
Apr 2012 ~ All Star Sports
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Nov 2014 ~ POR-MVMCP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #318
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC0810
for the qsdp, if my son wants to get two sides of fries for his 2 sides, instead of 1 side of fries, and a cookie..is that possible?
No he gets 2 sides only. A cookie is one of the sides. There is no dessert for kids. It's an entree and 2 sides with some sides being treats. But yeah he can get 2 sides of fries or 2 cookies or 1 fry and 1 cookie.

You can likely buy an adult side of fries if you want more sides
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #319
peanut520
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 195

Can my dd share my dinner entree with me if there isn't anything she likes on the kids menu? We are going to pay oop for additional meals so we will use her child TS credit at those meals. Is that okay?
peanut520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #320
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

If you're talking about TS, she can share with you unless it's a 1) buffet, 2) all you can eat family style restaurant, 3) fixed price restaurant like CRT or Akershus, 4) dinner show, or 5) Via Napoli. And yes, you can use her child credit at other meals.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #321
peanut520
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you're talking about TS, she can share with you unless it's a 1) buffet, 2) all you can eat family style restaurant, 3) fixed price restaurant like CRT or Akershus, 4) dinner show, or 5) Via Napoli. And yes, you can use her child credit at other meals.
Thanks! We have are planning to eat at chefs and know that 4 meals for 4 adults/1 child is plenty.
peanut520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #322
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,850

this will be out first time using the dining plan so bear with me

My 5 yo DD loves Casey's Corner, I noticed that it doesn't have a kid's menu so I'm assuming she would order just a reg meal there. On the DDP is a quick service credit the same for everyone or is it specific to the age of the guest? Just wondering if DD getting a meal would deduct from the adult QS credits and then mess up the whole count leaving us with less adult QS credits and more child ones. I hope this makes sense lol

I understand at TS restaurants that we pay the tip but do we pay tax also?
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #323
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony
 
Tricia1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 9,720
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
this will be out first time using the dining plan so bear with me

My 5 yo DD loves Casey's Corner, I noticed that it doesn't have a kid's menu so I'm assuming she would order just a reg meal there. On the DDP is a quick service credit the same for everyone or is it specific to the age of the guest? Just wondering if DD getting a meal would deduct from the adult QS credits and then mess up the whole count leaving us with less adult QS credits and more child ones. I hope this makes sense lol

I understand at TS restaurants that we pay the tip but do we pay tax also?
You will have no issue using your kids credit for a meal at Casey's.


Your credits cover the cost of your meal and tax, only the tip is extra.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #324
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
You will have no issue using your kids credit for a meal at Casey's.


Your credits cover the cost of your meal and tax, only the tip is extra.
thank you. just to clarify... all QS credits are the same? We won't accidentally use a child credit or adult credit when we don't mean to as they are all one in the same?
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #325
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony
 
Tricia1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 9,720
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
thank you. just to clarify... all QS credits are the same? We won't accidentally use a child credit or adult credit when we don't mean to as they are all one in the same?
They will take a kids credit for your kids meal. (The meal you purchase to feed your child. There is no child/adult meal distinction on the menu board at Casey's)
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #326
3fairies
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44

Dessert for kids

We are on the regular dining plan and was wondering if kids get to order desserts with lunch and dinner? We have the plan with 1ts, 1cs and a snack!
Thanks in advance!
Carrie
3fairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #327
DCDisney
On my way...
 
DCDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,072

Kids can have a dessert for both types of meal but it has to come from the kids choices. Usually at QS they can pick 2 sides from choíces like grapes, apples, carrots, fries, applesauce,o r Choc chip cookie. At table service meals the dessert is usually choice of fruit or ice cream where they can add their own toppings. Buffets and family style meals they get the same choices as adults.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #328
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!
 
dreamsofdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Central Connecticut...Red Sox territory!
Posts: 540

Please forgive me if this was answered already, but I tried to scan through and didn't see it anywhere. Here's our story:

DH, DD4 and I are heading to WDW in October - not during free dining, and we're staying on rented DVC points anyway. We are purchasing DxDP for the first time. (We've only done DDP in the past, when DD was 2.) We will be there for 9 nights, so I get that there are 3 credits/day x 9 nights = 27 credits per person. We're kind of foodies, plus we like to do a lot of character meals and a couple of signature meals.

I also understand that any child needs to order from the children's menu, if available. What I don't know is, is there a way that they differentiate adult vs child's credits when you are on DxDP?

My DD4 is 99% g-tube fed and only eats a few bites of veggies or crackers - literally a few bites; less than 100 calories a day - and is unable to swallow liquids. She receives Pediasure via her feeding tube for her nutrition and hydration. We had to purchase the DxDP for her even though she won't be eating more than a nibble...and often nothing at all. I've heard that at some restaurants will not charge a credit for her if the situation is explained, or the character meals might only charge an "entertainment fee," although I'm not sure how that would work on the dining plan.

If we go somewhere like Artist Point or Fulton's and we don't order a meal for her because she's being tube fed and it would be a ridiculous waste of credits since she CAN'T eat, will her unused credits be marked as child credits? Or is it just in one big pool on the DxDP? I hope that made sense, and TIA!


__________________


DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #329
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran
 
Avonlady1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Babylon, NY
Posts: 2,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney View Post
Please forgive me if this was answered already, but I tried to scan through and didn't see it anywhere. Here's our story:

DH, DD4 and I are heading to WDW in October - not during free dining, and we're staying on rented DVC points anyway. We are purchasing DxDP for the first time. (We've only done DDP in the past, when DD was 2.) We will be there for 9 nights, so I get that there are 3 credits/day x 9 nights = 27 credits per person. We're kind of foodies, plus we like to do a lot of character meals and a couple of signature meals.

I also understand that any child needs to order from the children's menu, if available. What I don't know is, is there a way that they differentiate adult vs child's credits when you are on DxDP?

My DD4 is 99% g-tube fed and only eats a few bites of veggies or crackers - literally a few bites; less than 100 calories a day - and is unable to swallow liquids. She receives Pediasure via her feeding tube for her nutrition and hydration. We had to purchase the DxDP for her even though she won't be eating more than a nibble...and often nothing at all. I've heard that at some restaurants will not charge a credit for her if the situation is explained, or the character meals might only charge an "entertainment fee," although I'm not sure how that would work on the dining plan.

If we go somewhere like Artist Point or Fulton's and we don't order a meal for her because she's being tube fed and it would be a ridiculous waste of credits since she CAN'T eat, will her unused credits be marked as child credits? Or is it just in one big pool on the DxDP? I hope that made sense, and TIA!


I don't know if you've considered it, but I would change DD's age to 2 in the reservation so you do NOT need to purchase the DDxP for her...it seems this situation warrants an exception to the rule. Maybe talk to someone at Member Services (or ask the people you are renting from to do it) to see if a doctor's note or something would allow you to bypass the rule where everyone on the reservation needs the same plan.

I see nothing wrong (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it) w/ changing her to a 2y/o...you will still be buying her park tickets, and still paying for anything you may order at the restaurants for her, just by doing it, you can bypass the rule where you are forced to spend $100's on her dining plan that she is unable to use due to her medical reasons...she's not simply a picky eater.

Regular restaurants (not buffets or set cost restaurants such as O'hana or Cinderella's) won't charge a credit for a person not ordering, so the credits will remain in the bank. Pretty sure they DO differentiate between adult & child (at table service places, at least), but I could be wrong. Once my DS slept through all of O'hana & they did NOT charge us a credit...but that's probably due a nice CM & not the rule.
Avonlady1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #330
DCDisney
On my way...
 
DCDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,072

The credits are child credits so you couldn't use them except maybe use for kids QS meals for breakfast? We've gotten rid of lots of child QS credits that way and it makes a nice adult breakfast. You can avoid buying the dining plan if you leave her off your reservation and add her at check in when it's too late to purchase the DDP. I think that is your best bet as long as you are not using magic express. I can't imagine the DXDDP would be saving you anything if you have to buy the extra child meals.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: