Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

BBB in DTD early appt??

A new poster (4 young kids) has asked me a question that I need your help with guys. They have a large group heading to a 9:10am BBB appt in DTD. What would you all recommend as the best way to get there at that time of day? Bus? Cab?
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
alc571
DIS Veteran

Where are they coming from?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Oops, sorry. AoA.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

BBB in DTD early ADR??

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney early Advance Dining Reservation?? I hope they don't expect to dine there.

The problem with relying on WDW Transportation bus service is that buses to DTD run less frequently than buses to parks, especially in the morning.

A DTD bus might come right away, or the group might see two or three buses to each park before there's a DTD bus -- or something in-between. Unfortunately, allowing for a "worst case" would mean allowing more than an hour.

With a "large group," it might take several cabs. That can be costly. Also, there might not be several cabs just sitting and waiting at Art of Animation early in the morning.

I would probably rely on a bus, but would try to get to Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney for breakfast before the appointment. (I think Earl of Sandwich opens at 8:30 a.m., but I would recommend verifying that.) I would be at the AoA bus stop before 8:00 a.m. (maybe 7:50 a.m.). If the bus service works out well, there should be enough time for breakfast. But if there's a long wait for a bus, there's still a cushion of time, and breakfast can wait until after the appointments.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

I don't think there was dining involved, just BBB.

The first DTD bus leaves most resorts between 8:30 & 8:45. Before 9 a.m., and if TL opens at 10, the bus probably won't be stopping at TL on the way, so Marketplace would be the first (and only) stop.

Travel time without TL will probably be around 15 minutes, so if the Guests are at the bus stop by 8:25, it should be OK, but maybe just barely.

If it's summer or holiday season with TL opening at 9, I'm not sure whether or not the first bus leaves earlier. In that case, I'd recommend a cab, unless they're gamblers. If there are more than 7 guests, they might stuff the kids and 3 adults into a taxi van, with the rest leaving earlier on the first bus. Or they could all be at the bus stop by 8:10, and if a bus doesn't show up by 8:30, go to the cabs as Plan B.

Last edited by joelkfla; 03-26-2013 at 10:51 AM.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
BBB in DTD early ADR??

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney early Advance Dining Reservation?? I hope they don't expect to dine there.

The problem with relying on WDW Transportation bus service is that buses to DTD run less frequently than buses to parks, especially in the morning.

A DTD bus might come right away, or the group might see two or three buses to each park before there's a DTD bus -- or something in-between. Unfortunately, allowing for a "worst case" would mean allowing more than an hour.

With a "large group," it might take several cabs. That can be costly. Also, there might not be several cabs just sitting and waiting at Art of Animation early in the morning.

I would probably rely on a bus, but would try to get to Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney for breakfast before the appointment. (I think Earl of Sandwich opens at 8:30 a.m., but I would recommend verifying that.) I would be at the AoA bus stop before 8:00 a.m. (maybe 7:50 a.m.). If the bus service works out well, there should be enough time for breakfast. But if there's a long wait for a bus, there's still a cushion of time, and breakfast can wait until after the appointments.
Oh shush!! I meant to type in appt...but it came out ADR. I have fixed it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
The first DTD bus leaves most resorts between 8:30 & 8:45. Before 9 a.m., and if TL opens at 10, the bus probably won't be stopping at TL on the way, so Marketplace would be the first (and only) stop.
Excellent point by joelkfla on checking how early WDW Transportation buses from AoA to DTD currently run.

If resort-DTD buses do not officially start until 8:30 or 8:45 a.m., there's no guarantee that a bus will actually be at AoA right at that time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: