Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping
Does anyone have a guess on what the crowds are going to look like next week? We arrive on Monday.
I've done the week following Eatser a couple of times. Very crowded in the afternoon (you'll have to negotiate your way around the people, strollers will be very difficult to maneuver, and you'll need FP for any ride that offers it), but it won't be the wall to wall people that are there now (no way around people, you just have to let yourself be moved along by the crowd, must preempt any need to use the bathroom, if your kid waits till he needs it, chances are he won't be able to handle to long wait at the restrooms, you will be ready to dismantle your stroller in a fit of rage).

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

We have friends/neighbors that are there now. I really hope they are still able to have a great time.

Compared to our Sept visits, its hard for me to imagine what Phase 3 would be like.

...at least the weather looks beautiful. (although a little cool)

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
I've done plenty of 9's without too much trouble...But I don't think I've ever gone on a 10 day!
I feel sorry for people who are taking their one and only trip, saved for years and had no idea that you had to do more planning than your typical vacation or that this week would be more than "just a little crowded because it's Easter week"! They are the ones who are going to waltz in at 11:00 and get really upset when they've been standing in line for over an hour and then watch a Disers walk past them with a FP...
Then I feel bad for the Disers they know back at home who are going to have to hear them complain about how awful Disney is!
i feel bad for them too..how much fun is it to drive to disney (if staying off site) only to wait for a LONG line to park, then wait for the boat, only to see the mk is closed! i know they can go to other parks, but most people really do the mk. i have been there at 9 level..we opened the mk at 7:00,and were out by 9:30 over to epcot...it was a very targeted strategy..but it worked. but i would NOT do it again, never over spring break...

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I told my wife "Remind me never to go at Easter" when I saw this. We went last year at Thanksgiving and it was crowded but managable. When I heard of today's closures I pulled up the wait times at MK and was amazed. I know that isn't gospel by any stretch but 100+ minutes for Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and Space Mountain and near 100 minute waits for Barnstormer, Dumbo, Pooh and Haunted Mansion? Insane.

And like a PP mentioned it has to be absolutely wall to wall people. I know that getting through a few areas like near Small World and NFL was tight the week of Thanksgiving with CM's directing traffic with ropes and such but it's got to be absolutely nuts at Christmas and Easter.

I also do feel for those who this may be a once in a lifetime trip and may come back thinking it was the worst vacation ever because it was so crowded. I understand that this may be the only time they have in their schedules to go and that's extremely unfortunate. This is why we'll cope with the hot August weather to go rather than dealing with perfect weather at Spring Break.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Shannon12
Mouseketeer

And then you have the people that post that September was crowded lmao. Guess they've never seen this...

Shannon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
Disco
Hail Eris!

Wow, wonder how much good the newly opened areas did? They must of increased capacity in the park at least a little?
Just shows that they need to add more to the MK or they are in essence losing money. That or pull a DCA and spread the love out to the other parks by making them more attractive.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon12 View Post
And then you have the people that post that September was crowded lmao. Guess they've never seen this...
...ain't that the truth!

...although slow days at WDW still aren't empty by any means. I found that out our first stay. However, I'm very grateful for our Sept trips.

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've done plenty of 9's without too much trouble...But I don't think I've ever gone on a 10 day!
I feel sorry for people who are taking their one and only trip, saved for years and had no idea that you had to do more planning than your typical vacation or that this week would be more than "just a little crowded because it's Easter week"! They are the ones who are going to waltz in at 11:00 and get really upset when they've been standing in line for over an hour and then watch a Disers walk past them with a FP...
Then I feel bad for the Disers they know back at home who are going to have to hear them complain about how awful Disney is!
Or be the person that thinks "it wont be that crowded. Who goes to WDW at Easter (or Christmas)?"

Uh, everyone!!
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
karenklo
DIS Veteran

This makes me love our summer trips just that much more!! I cannot stand that much of a crowd! My boys were at Harry Potter last Christmas and my youngest got motion sickness for the first time ever just WALKING! There were so many people he could not see past them and the motion! and this is a kid that can ride anything without a problem!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
That's me! A friend of dh is taking his son for the first time next week. He is not a patient type person, so I suspect he will find the trip miserable. They have done no homework and are "winging it." At least they are staying at S&D and not falling for the "2 miles to Disney" off site ads. They are going to come back with such a bad Disney taste in their mouths.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

Just curious, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for the Magic Kingdom?

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Just signed into the MDE app to see how bad it really is...

at 1pm
BTMRR- 85min
Buzz- 65min
HM- 60min
Peter Pan- 105min
SpaceM- 125min
Jungle Cruise- 105min

Soarin'- 155min
TT- 150min
MS- 105min

RnR- 90min
ToT- 90min
TSMM: 165min
Star Tours: 60min

Dinosaur- 70min
EE- 85min
Safari- 110min
Kali- 5min (must be too cold??)
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
SHOREDAD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKiHB View Post
Just curious, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for the Magic Kingdom?
Touring Plans says it "can allegedly hold more than 100,000 guests" If you go to the touring plan site it gives a breakdown of what they believe the guidelines are for each phase.
SHOREDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKiHB View Post
I don't think Disney officially releases the numbers, but it has been speculated the capacity of MK is 100,000.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #30
HNW999
Mouseketeer

Max capacity is 100,000 (I looked it up yesterday). Would never spend that kinda money for that experience. Plus you pay extra for the rooms too (high season). We pull the kids out of school and go late april.
HNW999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: