Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

AoA suite vs FW cabin for 3 nights before POR?

We are booked for the FD BB in August. I booked our flights with a plan to go to Universal for the 3 nights prior to the start of FD. I am now starting to balk at the cost of staying at Universal- mostly the tickets, as we have Disney APs. We are thinking of just doing Disney for those 3 days, but cannot add them to our package since the FD offer isn't available for those dates. To change it up a little I am thinking we could do either AoA suites or FW. We go to Disney pretty often, are a family of 5 and haven't stayed at either resort. We don't want to spend too much- or else we would just do Universal.

Which would you choose?

Diz Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
MNtwinsplus1mom
Mouseketeer

one vote for Art of Animation

Hello from another family of five that loves FD and POR!

I would say do the AoA suite. We are actually considering doing the same kind of stay in early December (except not assuming any free dining offer, sadly): AoA for 3 nights, then POR for 5 nights . If you stay for 3 nights at AoA I believe that helps you be eligible for a room discount as well. Nice savings, since it's more expensive than POR.

I think the theming looks fun for younger kids. I don't know how old yours are, but ours have looked at pics of Cars suites and that's where we'd go. Looks kind of like a mini Cars Land, in appearance.

I also applaud the idea to switch to Disney instead of Universal. There's so much to do between the parks and resorts and other activities that we love sticking with Disney and have a hard time justifying something else cost wise. We know we enjoy Disney (it's a sure thing for us, whereas other options can be disappointing) and like not leaving the disney bubble.
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - Aulani
Counting down to November stay in WDW
MNtwinsplus1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Since you seem to up for adventure, but don't want to spend too much, I would price them both out and pick the cheapest! I've stayed at AoA and the theming is fun, but I also love FW. Seriously - you can't go wrong either way.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

I would say go with the FW cabin. There is so many extra things to do I think it would be neat to try it out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: