Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl
 
jlk806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,525

Overlap of breakfast & lunch at Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace?

It says I can book the last breakfast ressie at H&V at 10:20AM or the 1st lunch at 11:00AM. Do they clear you out in between or is there some overlap where it would be possible if we had that 10:20 seating where they would be putting out the lunch foods? I ask because DH much prefers breakfast and I dont care fo breakfast foods, give me fish and pasta anyday! LOL. DS will eat either or both. So just wondering if it is possible to get both spreads of food in one setting at either Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace, or both?
__________________
Me DH DS4 )
Lots of offsite trips
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!


jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Dis703
DIS Veteran
 
Dis703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 933

We took the last breakfast ADR at Tusker House for 10:55 as we wanted it more towards lunchtime but I really want breakfast foods at least once while we are there. I was told they start putting out lunch around 11-11:30 and that while we are there we will have a little of both available. I would assume it's probably pretty similar at the other character meals that do breakfast and lunch. I'm just not sure if their mealtimes are the same.
__________________
Me DH DS6 DS3 DS3

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

I am also wondering about this... but specifically for Crystal Palace.
It's for our last meal. I'd love to make it BRUNCH instead of just breakfast
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,716

They do not clear out the restaurant. The food gradually transitions to lunch and you are free to try anything on the buffet. We have done this often at H&V, CP and TH.
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
They do not clear out the restaurant. The food gradually transitions to lunch and you are free to try anything on the buffet. We have done this often at H&V, CP and TH.

Ok that's what I thought.. i heard of that happening at Tusker, but only recently considered doing CP for our final meal.

Anyone know what the last time from Breakfast seating is at Crystal Palace? When I search for 1030 my current options are only 10am or 11:35am.

Thanks
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,716

I believe the last breakfast seating at CP is either 10:20 or 10:30.
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains
 
PictureJumpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,610

We usually have a 10:30 or once in a while we take a 10:45.

Just a word of caution from someone who does this frequently:

Try and be there to check in 10 minutes or so before your ADR, because they always seem to have a delay between checkin and seating.

Do NOT be late.
They will refuse to seat you after your ADR time until they "reopen" for lunch, and by that time breakfast stuff will have been cleared.

They do not clear out the restaurant, but they do pause in seating new tables between the last breakfast ADR and the first lunch one.

We've been late a couple of times in the last few years, and have had to sit on the porch until they were ready to seat us for lunch.

Which meant no puffed french toast.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
We usually have a 10:30 or once in a while we take a 10:45.

Just a word of caution from someone who does this frequently:

Try and be there to check in 10 minutes or so before your ADR, because they always seem to have a delay between checkin and seating.

Do NOT be late.
They will refuse to seat you after your ADR time until they "reopen" for lunch, and by that time breakfast stuff will have been cleared.

They do not clear out the restaurant, but they do pause in seating new tables between the last breakfast ADR and the first lunch one.

We've been late a couple of times in the last few years, and have had to sit on the porch until they were ready to seat us for lunch.

Which meant no puffed french toast.
Very good to know! Thank you!
So far nothing is showing for the time frame I need... well there's 10am, but I dont think that'll be late enough to start enjoying lunch foods. Or rather, by time the lunch foods get put out I'll be too full on breakfast to eat any of it! HAHAHA and the boys will be antsy and ready to leave!

I'll just keep watching and hope for an opening

Thanks!
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains
 
PictureJumpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
So far nothing is showing for the time frame I need... well there's 10am, but I dont think that'll be late enough to start enjoying lunch foods.
You could make it work with a 10am or a 10:15 - instead of being early for this time, be on time.

With the typical 10-15 minute wait to be seated, you'd be in the restaurant heading for your table at 10:15-10:30. Send everyone to wash hands, order your drinks, arrange your autograph books... then hit the buffet at 10:45 for the end of breakfast
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
MC0810
Mouseketeer
 
MC0810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 339

We have a 10:10 Hollywood and vine reservation in may and was hoping to also get some breakfast AND lunch. So should we be on time or a few minutes late? Do the servers get mad if we try to get some lunch foods before leaving or do they not care?I wouldn't want them to charge us for lunch instead of breakfast because we were to eat some fries. Lol
__________________
May 2011 ~ POP
Sep 2011 ~ POP
Apr 2012 ~ All Star Sports
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Nov 2014 ~ POR-MVMCP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post

You could make it work with a 10am or a 10:15 - instead of being early for this time, be on time.

With the typical 10-15 minute wait to be seated, you'd be in the restaurant heading for your table at 10:15-10:30. Send everyone to wash hands, order your drinks, arrange your autograph books... then hit the buffet at 10:45 for the end of breakfast
Hahahaha LOVE this!!
Thanks!!
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains
 
PictureJumpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,610

More than one way to kill half an hour at WDW lol
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains
 
PictureJumpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC0810 View Post
So should we be on time or a few minutes late? Do the servers get mad if we try to get some lunch foods before leaving or do they not care?
Be on time, but just.
Don't be late, because sometimes that can leave you sitting out until lunch seating.

The servers absolutely don't care if you eat lunch stuff.

We do this almost every trip, so like 30-35 times in the last 10ish years.
We got billed for lunch twice, both times it was fixed fairly easily without much fuss. (Once by the server and once by a manager)
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
MC0810
Mouseketeer
 
MC0810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
Be on time, but just.
Don't be late, because sometimes that can leave you sitting out until lunch seating.

The servers absolutely don't care if you eat lunch stuff.

We do this almost every trip, so like 30-35 times in the last 10ish years.
We got billed for lunch twice, both times it was fixed fairly easily without much fuss. (Once by the server and once by a manager)
Thanks!
__________________
May 2011 ~ POP
Sep 2011 ~ POP
Apr 2012 ~ All Star Sports
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Nov 2014 ~ POR-MVMCP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.