Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
bfamily5
Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the process

Blue Lagoon- Sea Lion

Hello! I am hoping for some info on the Sea Lion encounter. We have never done an encounter before would you recommend the Sea Lions or would we be better off with Dolphins? Also is there some sort of eatery on the island? DH is a type 1 diabetic and I would feel better knowing we can access sugar...I have tried to google it, but no mention anywhere . TIA!

FANTASY- Oct, 2014 Western Carribean
POR - Mar 2014.. us and the whole state of LA
CBR - Sept 2012..Just the 2 of us
POR - Sept 2011..Honey, I'm Home!
POR - Nov, 2009..Disney Love at first Sight!
Me: DH, DD(20), DD(17), DS (15)..
bfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

We did the dolphin encounter, not the sea lion. But there is a snack bar on the beach, drinks, burgers, sandwiches etc. We wanted to do the sea lions, but there was a minimum age of 8 or 9, my youngest was 5 at the time. We were told that the reason for the age limit is because sea lions need to lean on people to interact with them, dolphins can tread water on their own and won't put that much weight on the humans. The island was very nice, lots to do, but we were there in Feb. and the water was very cold. My boys are big sissy's when it comes to cold water, so they didn't go in much.
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Pooh93
Proud mom of 2 dd's
We are a pickle kind of family
I try to be a cheerful grouch!

We have done dolphins and chose to do the Sea Lion Encounter at Blue Lagoon last summer. We really enjoyed it. Maggie was our sea lion and Sarah was our trainer. We didn't have much time on the island between picking up pictures and trying to catch the first boat ride back to the ship.

It is about a 40 minute ride from the ship and on the way back you get a "harbor" tour and they tell you all the famous people's homes.

I am sure you will enjoy whatever you decide.
Pooh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
policycobb
DIS Veteran

There is a shop which sells ice cream bars. We did the dolphin encounter and walked over to the sea lion area. They were so cute. Would love to try it.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

We loved the sea lion encounter (we had done the dolphin encounter in Cozumel on a previous cruise)!! You actually have more interaction with the sea lion. After arriving and having some general instructions/information on sea lions, we proceeded down towards the penned in area where they had a sea lion on a perch and took individual pictures of us with the sea lion (looked like he had his arm around us!!). We then went into the water where we had so much fun. Besides the normal feeling, etc.; we got a big smooch and a great hug!! Plus the trainer had the sea lion reacting in different ways (like after a smooch with a guy the sea lion might make a noise or sometimes act like he/she doesn't want to stop, etc). It was really very funny.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: