Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #31
ibrokeitmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
Yeah, it was being eaten by a snake that was being watched by a gator.
Haaaaaaa! So funny!
ibrokeitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yeah, it was being eaten by a snake that was being watched by a gator.
Well, we didn't see any snakes or gators (this trip) but our stay at POR was quite interesting with the spider and the lizard. Here's our little friend waiting by our door. (And I'm going to let your sarcastic implication that I was making this up slide.) My point was to concur that there indeed ARE these little critters at WDW and that they will not bother you.

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Last edited by Kanga1; 03-25-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
xbonnie38
Mouseketeer

we saw banana spiders last year in May at ASM hanging out between two trees , just as we saw it someone's kid ran right through the web and who knows where the spider went but that kid was freaking out as would I , one of the cm's by the pool came over and told the parent to take her son in the bathroom and shake his clothes out very well because those things can and will bite, lets put it this way by time the two of them got to the bldng where the laundry and a bathroom was the kid was down to his under clothes, all he heard was spider and bite and he was throwing those clothes! And I have to say if it was me you would have seen the same thing from me! I hate hate hate spiders! I would rather see a snake and the lizards dont bother me I think there cute , we had one in our room once in the bathroom, not sure if he ever got out of the room he would appear and then disappear and then we never saw it again.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #34
mybatmobile87
Earning My Ears

I have seen it commented before, and noticed when I was there in January, that there are a LOT of spiders on the ferry boat to/from MK and the parking lot. Nobody else seemed to notice but when we looked up, there were tons of them up there. I'm pretty allergic to spiders so I strategically placed myself in a spot that was not under any. The boat ride sure seemed to take forever!
mybatmobile87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #35
mel&me
Hello from New York

Seen them many times on the balcony's.

But this thread made me think of the first time staying at the poly.
Early morning I got up and went for a walk. No one was out yet.
I stopped about 3 inches from walking thru a spider web that stretched across the whole walkway. complete with a nice huge multi colored spider. If I took one more step the web would have covered my whole body. Sun glare did see it until right on top of it. Spiders don't bother me but that freaked me out. I was eye level staring at a huge spider right in my face. And it was looking at me.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #36
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
You may want to consider skipping *It's Tough to Be A Bug*.
I would also avoid one of the windows at Conservation Station in AK. I've seen a few spiders in the tanks (on display) there.

As others have mentioned, there are spiders at WDW. I've seen webs with spiders in them in the bushes and between the trees on the walkway to the International Gateway.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #37
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA View Post
No one would sleep on the daybed. DH kept telling the kids if they misbehaved they had to sleep on the daybed. They were so good all week!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #38
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
I hate spiders and snakes!! I have never seen one in Disney but think about it every time I go. We are staying at AKV for the first time and I hope I don't see any there
I'm really surprised. You are in the south and spiders and snakes (along with other critters) just come with the territory. I live in Texas, but we are constantly spraying and putting out poison and some will still get in the house. We have a professional service that comes once a month to spray our lawn for weeds. A couple of times a year, they also spray for fire ants, spiders, and bugs that get on our shrubs and flowers. During the late spring and summer, our city is constantly telling everyone to keep their birdbaths empty and are spraying several nights a week for mosquitoes. Due to there being a huge empty lot across the road from me that the city mows periodically, we also have a problem with mice sometimes, so keep poison all around the outside of the house and in the attic to keep them out. Even so when the city mows that lot, we and all our neighbors know to keep the mouse bait out around the houses. Despite all our precautions, we still sometimes see the occasional mouse, bug, spider, or snake. It's the south and almost impossible to keep all the little critters out. I work at psyhciatric hospital (inside the city limits) that has a fence all the way around it, yet armadillos, foxes, skunks, oppossums, and snakes still make their way inside the fence. I see them at night, when I'm getting out of my truck.

As far as WDW, I've seen lots of spiders, snakes, gators, armadillos, squirrels, rabbits, ducks, deer, a fox, lizards, giant water bugs, etc. CSR has a bobcat (named Bob by the CMs) that lives over across the road from the Ranchos section. They also have a gator that lives in the lake that the CMs named Glenn. If you go to the tables right outside the food court in the mornings and look over the railing, he's usually there waiting for tourists to throw him something to eat. We've seen him lots of times. It's the south folks, critters come with the great weather.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #39
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

It's a spider. It's an insect. It doesn't want to eat you. You are an adult. You can deal with this. Leave it alone--it will leave you alone and eat other insects that you probably find equally repulsive.

P.S. With this attitude, please do not ever relocate to rural America.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #40
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
It's a spider. It's an insect. It doesn't want to eat you. You are an adult. You can deal with this. Leave it alone--it will leave you alone and eat other insects that you probably find equally repulsive.

P.S. With this attitude, please do not ever relocate to rural America.
Well of course a spider can't EAT you but it can BITE you and some are poisonous. Not to mention that they look creepy. Wouldn't want to have one on me or my family. I've been bitten by a recluse and it's not fun. On a child it could be very dangerous.

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybatmobile87 View Post
I have seen it commented before, and noticed when I was there in January, that there are a LOT of spiders on the ferry boat to/from MK and the parking lot. Nobody else seemed to notice but when we looked up, there were tons of them up there. I'm pretty allergic to spiders so I strategically placed myself in a spot that was not under any. The boat ride sure seemed to take forever!
OOOMMMGGG I would scream like a little girl if i saw a bunch of spiders above me on a boat! I never think to look up. Wow! I will keep this in mind next time!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #42
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
OOOMMMGGG I would scream like a little girl if i saw a bunch of spiders above me on a boat! I never think to look up. Wow! I will keep this in mind next time!
Me too! It would remind me of Arachnophobia!!

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #43
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Oh yes we see spiders at Disney every trip. We go every May and October. They build their webs on the patios or balconies and they make amazing ones in the trees. The webs collect the morning dew and are stunning when the sun hits them. I don't like spiders but we have an agreement: they stay away and they stay alive! Lol
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #44
delilah
DIS Veteran

Sure. It's Florida. We have seen all kinds of critters outside, but not in the room, that I can remember
delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

During our first night at CSR last hear, DP got bit by a spider on the lip - lip was swollen the entire trip and several weeks after.....
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spiders

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: