Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
maarch
Mouseketeer

Room 8164 vs 10160 Dream

I currently have a room book for my 3 night cruise this summer. It is for my honeymoon ( we do Disney World, Cruise, Disney World ).

Back when we did the reservation, we decided to book room 8164. It is a Navigator Veranda. But it is one of those, that only have a small corner of the veranda actually obstructed. So we pay less, for the same price as a full Veranda. And the localisation is great.

Now months later, I was checking what was still available in the cruise. And it seem not much have been booked so far and AFT room are still available. Including the 10160. Which is the one with a much bigger veranda. With a view form the back of the ship.

So my questions are. For a bit less than 300$, should we make the change and go for the bigger Veranda. Will it be worth it ? Will it be worth it for a 3 night cruise ?. And my other fear, was since the ship is in angle in the back, do that mean people higher up can see you while they eat in the 11th floor restaurant ?

Thanks for your help !

Last edited by maarch; 03-25-2013 at 11:02 AM.
maarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
piglet33
DIS Veteran

I was in 10160 and loved it. The veranda is awesome. No people above cannot see you on your verandah while they're eating. It is very private. You have shade and sun on that verandah. I love aft rooms and would book this room in a heartbeat. Oh, and congratulations!
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
maarch
Mouseketeer

Thank you.

Good to know it is private, I wasn't sure and didn't feel like going outside, with people watching us from up there.

I also saw online that some people were complaining about the Cabanas getting cleaned up at night and the noise it make. Was it a problem ?
maarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
MaryJPixie
Mouseketeer

bump...I would like to know about this room 10160 also

A dream is a wish your heart makes......
MaryJPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarch View Post
Thank you.

Good to know it is private, I wasn't sure and didn't feel like going outside, with people watching us from up there.

I also saw online that some people were complaining about the Cabanas getting cleaned up at night and the noise it make. Was it a problem ?
No noise at all. I was worried about that too, but we didn't hear anything.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

We have this room on hold right now for our first Disney cruise next March. We've never cruised before. Is it worth booking this far out to get that room? Only deck 10 is available for Cat 5E. Crazy! I'm a light sleeper, but husband and daughters are not at all. How about motion, noise, etc. from the ship? So many questions!

Thanks for the help (sorry to hijack thread, OP!).

March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * February 2015 Yacht Club (solo trip/work conference * March 2015 All-Star Music (pre cruise) * March 2015 Disney Dream * July 2015 TBD *

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Harters2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: