Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #1951
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I believe you can take the bus to AK, and that will stop, either coming or going, at BB.

To get to 'Ohana, you can get a bus to MK, and then monorail over to the Polynesian. Going through Epcot is most certainly the long way around. You would have to wait until just prior to 9am to enter via the IG, then it will take about 20 or so mins to walk thru the park, and out the front gates. Up to the monorail platform and wait for the TTC monorail to arrive. That could be about 10 or so mins. The ride to the TTC is about 10-15 mins. Then either walk (about 15 mins) to the Polynesian, or take the Resort monorail (about 15 mins including any wait times).
If you take the bus to MK, you can get a bus as early as 6:30, which will get you to MK prior to 7am, when the monorail starts running. These early morning buses don't run as frequently as the regular buses do, so plan on a wait of up to 25 mins if you just miss a bus.
thanks so much. i have no sense of scale or walkability when looking at the park maps. much appreciated!!

with respect to best route to BB from BCV, if i need to confirm that, do i ask the concierge at our hotel? i seem to remember when we stayed at AKL - kidani village there were buses that went to multiple places...not sure i'm remembering right but maybe TL and DDT were the same bus.

so is BB right next to AK? now i'm wondering if maybe we should do AK on an EMH day and be done with it by 11 then head to BB on the same day. LOL. so many options. too many decisions.

(does one just walk across the street - assuming not that feasible what with size of parking lot etc lol...or will a bus take you directly from AK to BB?thanks for your help!!)
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1952
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj79 View Post
I have gotten mixed information about the transportation to/from the different car rental places on the different threads/forums.
So, I did what I should have done in the first place... I called the Dolphin & Disney Car Care Center directly.

Per the Dolphin there is no 'Alamo/National Shuttles' the Dolphin Car pick up. I mentioned out concerns about getting to the Dolphin in the morning & equally getting back in the evening if we were at the DCC.
She recommended picking up at the DCC and dropping off with the Dolphin in the evening.
I explained that we tried to reserve that way on line (pick up at one place & drop off at the other) but website nearly doubles the reservation price for this option.
She said yes it does that online but, now that we have reservation we can do this with out any extra charge! I called the DCC to double check.. and they said yes, magically we can now pick up at one and drop at the other without any extra fee!

So, I guess as long as this holds true it is better to reserve for one location on line and make the changes in person and save the money!
That's terrific!! Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBass View Post
thanks so much. i have no sense of scale or walkability when looking at the park maps. much appreciated!!

with respect to best route to BB from BCV, if i need to confirm that, do i ask the concierge at our hotel? i seem to remember when we stayed at AKL - kidani village there were buses that went to multiple places...not sure i'm remembering right but maybe TL and DDT were the same bus.

so is BB right next to AK? now i'm wondering if maybe we should do AK on an EMH day and be done with it by 11 then head to BB on the same day. LOL. so many options. too many decisions.

(does one just walk across the street - assuming not that feasible what with size of parking lot etc lol...or will a bus take you directly from AK to BB?thanks for your help!!)
If I remember correctly (and I'm getting old, so memory could very well be faulty here!!), the bus to AK also serves BB. I 'think' I remember it going to BB on the way out from AK, not the way in..but could be wrong. Ask the bus driver!! Concierge will try to be helpful but they are often wrong when it comes to the bus system!!
The buses will go into the BB parking lot, and make stops at the appropriate stop for your resort.
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #1953
4 YOUNG kids
Earning My Ears

We need to get from AoA to DTD in AM for a BBB reservation. How early do the run.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #1954
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 YOUNG kids View Post
We need to get from AoA to DTD in AM for a BBB reservation. How early do the run.
The buses to DTD, from the resorts, start running regularly around 9ish, maybe a bit later. The shops don't open for a bit, so not much reason to head there, so they run the buses accordingly.
I would seriously consider taking a cab if your appt is earlier than 9:15ish.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #1955
4 YOUNG kids
Earning My Ears

Oh no. Our reservation is for 9:10. There are 10 in party or 6 if only the girls and Moms go. We might try to cut it close. Thoughts? Drop off is close at Marketplace, right?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1956
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 YOUNG kids View Post
Oh no. Our reservation is for 9:10. There are 10 in party or 6 if only the girls and Moms go. We might try to cut it close. Thoughts? Drop off is close at Marketplace, right?
I would recommend posting your question on the main Transportation board forum. You should get a better idea there.
I'll post it for you....watch for it over there.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #1957
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I am legally blind so I can't read all of these to see if it is already answered.

Need to get from Epcot to dtd BBB at 3:00, then when finished need to get from dtd to mk by 5:20. What is the best way to go?

I think there is a boat from Epcot to dtd, is that correct? Would that be the best?
Then assuming we are done about 4, is there a bus that goes to ttc, or to poly where we can take the monorail? Or is there a better way?
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #1958
SimplyNik
Earning My Ears

DCL Tranfers/Disney Park Transfers

If someone paid for DCL transfers to and from their cruise/airport but has since decided they might go stay at a Disney park for a night, how do you change that and will DCL take you to the park hotel instead of the airport? How do you get back to the airport from say Magic Kingdom?
SimplyNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1959
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesmt View Post
Sorry, I am legally blind so I can't read all of these to see if it is already answered.

Need to get from Epcot to dtd BBB at 3:00, then when finished need to get from dtd to mk by 5:20. What is the best way to go?

I think there is a boat from Epcot to dtd, is that correct? Would that be the best?
Then assuming we are done about 4, is there a bus that goes to ttc, or to poly where we can take the monorail? Or is there a better way?
No, there is no boat from Epcot to DTD.

If you're in the park, probably the best plan is to exit the park thru the International Gateway, which is a back gate between UK & France in World Showcase. From there, walk or take the boat to either Beach Club or Boardwalk, and catch the bus to DTD. You should allow an hour from the time you leave the park, if you're willing to walk; a bit longer if you want to wait for the boat.

From DTD, yes, you can take the bus which stops at both CR & Poly. You can save a bit of time by boarding at the PI bus stop instead of Mktplace, but there are times you may not get a seat at PI. If you get off at CR, you can walk about 1/2 mi. to the MK, and avoid the time to wait for & ride the monorail. (No bus to TTC from DTD.)

Last edited by joelkfla; 04-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #1960
MMD281
Earning My Ears

OK, I'll give you transportation gurus a shot.

I'm staying at Pop Century. In the mornings, I plan to take the bus to save time and get to the action ASAP. In the evenings, maybe I'll experiment with monorails and boats for the sake of variety. I don't know. Maybe I should try a boat route in the morning one day. <shrug> Anyway, I'm going to MK, EP, HS, and AK on different days so if anyone has neat "suggested routes" for me to take either there or back, I'm all ears.

On the day I go to Animal Kingdom, I have dinner reservations at Il Mulino at the Swan. I THINK I'm going to want to run by our rooms to clean up a bit beforehand. I'll definitely take the bus from AK back to Pop Century then, but I'm not at all sure how best to get from Pop Century to the Swan (and back again). I suppose I could hop a bus bound for EPCOT and it might have a stop at the Boardwalk area along the way?
MMD281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #1961
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMD281 View Post
OK, I'll give you transportation gurus a shot.

I'm staying at Pop Century. In the mornings, I plan to take the bus to save time and get to the action ASAP. In the evenings, maybe I'll experiment with monorails and boats for the sake of variety. I don't know. Maybe I should try a boat route in the morning one day. <shrug> Anyway, I'm going to MK, EP, HS, and AK on different days so if anyone has neat "suggested routes" for me to take either there or back, I'm all ears.

On the day I go to Animal Kingdom, I have dinner reservations at Il Mulino at the Swan. I THINK I'm going to want to run by our rooms to clean up a bit beforehand. I'll definitely take the bus from AK back to Pop Century then, but I'm not at all sure how best to get from Pop Century to the Swan (and back again). I suppose I could hop a bus bound for EPCOT and it might have a stop at the Boardwalk area along the way?
There's no way to get from Pop to the parks and back other than bus. If you want to go back to Pop after AK and then go to the Swan, an Epcot bus wouldn't stop at the Swan; a bus going from Pop to Epcot is only going to stop at Epcot. What you would have to do if you want to use Disney transportation is take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat to the Swan or you could walk, which I think would take about 20 minutes.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #1962
MMD281
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
There's no way to get from Pop to the parks and back other than bus. If you want to go back to Pop after AK and then go to the Swan, an Epcot bus wouldn't stop at the Swan; a bus going from Pop to Epcot is only going to stop at Epcot. What you would have to do if you want to use Disney transportation is take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat to the Swan or you could walk, which I think would take about 20 minutes.
Thanks for the boat tip from DHS! That's exactly the sort of thing that I'd just never think of on my own. Should I assume that any large body of water connected to the parks or resorts would have boat transportation I can use?

You just reminded me of something my wife read somewhere. Are all of the buses from Pop to the parks direct? I'd always assumed that the buses made the rounds through the different resorts, but I think she said that Pop has direct buses and that's one reason she chose for us to stay there.

Walking to the Swan from DHS doesn't sound bad but I don't know what the weather will be like and I'll have my daughter with me after having walked around all day. I don't know if she'd be up for it or not. We plan to use a stroller when at the parks, but I was thinking of leaving it behind when we went out this night. Maybe I should reconsider that bit.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #1963
GenGen22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMD281

Thanks for the boat tip from DHS! That's exactly the sort of thing that I'd just never think of on my own. Should I assume that any large body of water connected to the parks or resorts would have boat transportation I can use?

You just reminded me of something my wife read somewhere. Are all of the buses from Pop to the parks direct? I'd always assumed that the buses made the rounds through the different resorts, but I think she said that Pop has direct buses and that's one reason she chose for us to stay there.

Walking to the Swan from DHS doesn't sound bad but I don't know what the weather will be like and I'll have my daughter with me after having walked around all day. I don't know if she'd be up for it or not. We plan to use a stroller when at the parks, but I was thinking of leaving it behind when we went out this night. Maybe I should reconsider that bit.
yes POP has direct busses and it doesn't share with the other hotels which is awessome!!! The boat is a nice ride it takes a bit but nice.

Summer Vacations:
DL offsite 1976 & 1979, DL Best Western Raffles 2004 & 2005, DL Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park 2010, DL Hampton Inn & Suites 2013
Christmas time Vacations:
DL Embassy Suites Anaheim South 2009, WDW POP Century 2011

Halloween Vacation:
October 2013
GenGen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #1964
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMD281 View Post

You can also take a cab from Pop to the Swan. It's very close so the fare would be around $10ish. You could avoid taking buses and walking that way.....then you don't have to rush so much.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #1965
MMD281
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You can also take a cab from Pop to the Swan. It's very close so the fare would be around $10ish. You could avoid taking buses and walking that way.....then you don't have to rush so much.
Hmmmm. You think I could get a cab from AK, swing by the Pop to just drop off a couple of things while the cab waits, and then take that cab to the Swan? I wonder how much that would cost me...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: