Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #3031
meggimouse
Disney's First Tattooed Princess

Thank you!

Thank you all for replying to me about requesting a room at the WL - just put in my request for a room on the north side, highest floor possible.

So exciting!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #3032
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
First day of spring break here and it snowed. Here's a SONNY photo to perk you up:
Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #3033
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Spring for upgrade to suprise Dh

We've had a hard few months. In the span of a week we...
* found out we were pregnant with #2 (ultimately, happy news, but stressful as we didn't financially plan for another year or so)
* DH's car was vandalized to the point it was totaled.
* Next day, DH was driving my car, in the rain, and rear ended the person in front of him, who literally just bumped the next person up.

Since then, in the past two months
* DH has been working hard at work, but getting frustrated.
* The person who the person in front of DH in the accident (the bump, literally not a scratch on the car) claims to be suing us for over the $300,000 the insurance company can offer.
* I am working desperately hard to finish my dissertation by the time DS2 comes!
* Our rental car was just in a hit and run... not major damage, thankfully, but the light cover is cracked and the bumper is scuffed.

All this signals that money is indeed tight, but, at the same time, DH feels like he must have some sort of bad spell on him and just needs a break. To upgrade would be just under $1200... we've been CL once before and loved it, but not with DS who is 2.5.

I wonder if it's worth it? We've already made our dining reservations, so it would be for pure relaxation. I have about half of that coming to me from tutoring, and I think DH forgot that I am owed, so I think I could find a way to swing it.

At the same time, $1200 is a month of daycare for DS2 who will be here in Sept...
Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #3034
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggimouse View Post
Thank you all for replying to me about requesting a room at the WL - just put in my request for a room on the north side, highest floor possible.

So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Thanks
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
* found out we were pregnant with #2 (ultimately, happy news, but stressful as we didn't financially plan for another year or so)
* Next day, DH was driving my car, in the rain, and rear ended the person in front of him, who literally just bumped the next person up.

* The person who the person in front of DH in the accident (the bump, literally not a scratch on the car) claims to be suing us for over the $300,000 the insurance company can offer.
* I am working desperately hard to finish my dissertation by the time DS2 comes!
* Our rental car was just in a hit and run... not major damage, thankfully, but the light cover is cracked and the bumper is scuffed.

All this signals that money is indeed tight, but, at the same time, DH feels like he must have some sort of bad spell on him and just needs a break. To upgrade would be just under $1200... we've been CL once before and loved it, but not with DS who is 2.5.

I wonder if it's worth it? We've already made our dining reservations, so it would be for pure relaxation. I have about half of that coming to me from tutoring, and I think DH forgot that I am owed, so I think I could find a way to swing it.

At the same time, $1200 is a month of daycare for DS2 who will be here in Sept...

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, don't forget about all the unlimited CL adult beverages - DH might need a few. You also won't have to worry about snacks and milk and apple juice for your DS and for you when those cravings hit. You'll know exactly what floor your room will be on and be swept right up to the 7th floor to check-in when you arrive - no waiting in line. I think the less stressful your vacation, the better and this would be $1,200 well spent. After all you and DH have been through, it's a no brainer.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-25-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #3035
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You're welcome.

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, don't forget about all the unlimited CL adult beverages - DH might need a few. You also won't have to worry about snacks and milk and apple juice for your DS and for you when those cravings hit. You'll know exactly what floor your room will be on and be swept right up to the 7th floor to check-in when you arrive - no waiting in line. I think the less stressful your vacation, the better and this would be $1,200 well spent. After all you and DH have been through, it's a no brainer.
I'm sort of leaning towards this, too. And, our anniversary is in August, so I can says it's a early present. But, if I call and upgrade now (to get 3 days of the spring promotion) won't we get mail that says CL? I would want it to be a surprise until we got there!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #3036
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'm sort of leaning towards this, too. And, our anniversary is in August, so I can says it's a early present. But, if I call and upgrade now (to get 3 days of the spring promotion) won't we get mail that says CL? I would want it to be a surprise until we got there!
You would get a Disney Destinations email that when clicked-on would bring you to the WL CL confirmation. You might also receive an email from the WL IPO. I'm thinking your DH needs something to perk him up and look forward to so I would surprise him sooner rather than upon arrival. You could always surprise him with an in-room anniversary celebration or special dinner at Artist Point
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #3037
skylizard
DIS Veteran

DH and I are staying at the Villas in May. We've never stayed there before and don't know what to request. Is a pool view an option? Or is there a lake view?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #3038
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You'll have stuff that says CL but nothing overt. It would be easy for him to not see it/know.

I didn't clue my DH in on our CL stay till we arrived. He didn't know anything about it till he saw the lounge and all those goodies up there. I'd spring for CL too. Who knows the next time you'll be able to do it and it sounds like it would offer some much needed relaxation. Sometimes Disney is the last place to go if you need a quiet get away and a CL stay does help you find some where you may not otherwise.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #3039
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
DH and I are staying at the Villas in May. We've never stayed there before and don't know what to request. Is a pool view an option? Or is there a lake view?
I don't know about specific view names, but when we stayed a few years ago we had a woods view and the lake was just beyond that (although we couldn't really see it).

Some of the villas also face the quiet pool.

You might request closer to the pool, as when we had a wood view one year we also were right by the trash/dumpster/noisy area.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #3040
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
You'll have stuff that says CL but nothing overt. It would be easy for him to not see it/know.

I didn't clue my DH in on our CL stay till we arrived. He didn't know anything about it till he saw the lounge and all those goodies up there. I'd spring for CL too. Who knows the next time you'll be able to do it and it sounds like it would offer some much needed relaxation. Sometimes Disney is the last place to go if you need a quiet get away and a CL stay does help you find some where you may not otherwise.
I agree with Kook that we need some good news now, but I think if I make it work, I'll wait till we get there... DH is on the frugal side (which is great, as it means we have what we need ) so he might worry about spending that extra money right now.

Maybe I'll book in time to do the spring promotion (which will save $500 and there is no way to afford it otherwise) and can always go back to a standard woods view if things start to feel ify/if that man ends up suing us for everything we have and then some!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #3041
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow, sounds like you have my kind of luck.
On a good note though, congratulations on your pregnancy!
If you can swing it, I think CL sounds like a great idea. Sounds like you both deserve it!!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #3042
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You're welcome.

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, don't forget about all the unlimited CL adult beverages - DH might need a few. You also won't have to worry about snacks and milk and apple juice for your DS and for you when those cravings hit. You'll know exactly what floor your room will be on
and be swept right up to the 7th floor to check-in when you arrive - no waiting in line. I think the less stressful your vacation, the better and this would be $1,200 well spent. After all you and DH have been through, it's a no brainer.
. That's a very wise woman speaking there!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 03-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #3043
cmdg
Mouseketeer

CL View

okay, I am almost convinced to do a surprise upgrade! But, I wonder about the view...

We've only stayed CL once before, but it was a deluxe room so the view was outstanding. From what I can see on the WL thread, it looks like a majority of the WL CL rooms have a balcony that looks down at the parking lot or truck area. Can anyone confirm? I don't want to spend all that $ to upgrade to a worse view. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #3044
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
okay, I am almost convinced to do a surprise upgrade! But, I wonder about the view...

We've only stayed CL once before, but it was a deluxe room so the view was outstanding. From what I can see on the WL thread, it looks like a majority of the WL CL rooms have a balcony that looks down at the parking lot or truck area. Can anyone confirm? I don't want to spend all that $ to upgrade to a worse view. Thanks!
We had a Courtyard view. I posted a pic of the view out of our room a page or 2 back. We had room 7045
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #3045
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Don't the CL rooms all have a dormer balcony? We had a dormer balcony with our 6th floor woods view room and I really didn't like it. You can't sit on the balcony and look out at the view. You can only stand and look out. Or sit and look into the room.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: