Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
stacieps
DIS Veteran

Want 3 sleep spaces - book GTY?

Currently booked on Magic for next February - me and 2 teens (DD and DS). I llike the "classic" ships so am happy with this (and happy that I don't have to figure out bedding since, as of now, the classic ships have the "main" bed that can split).

Considering switching to Dream (at request of DS). Last time we were on the Dream was when it was brand new - didn't have room info at the time to know which rooms had both sleeper sofa and upper bed--ended up with just sofa, so had to share main bed. If we switch to Dream we would want both sofa and upper bed, so no one has to share. I am looking at Cat 9C and doing an intial search for 4 people (so I know it will have the right beds) - it comes up as GTY (there are however rooms for 3 available).

So, my question is - can you book a GTY but have it noted on your reservation that you need both the sofa and upper bunk? I'm inclined to just book a different category so that I am sure of what I am getting for beds but wonder how this works now that the "new" ships have limited the options for sleeping arrangements by not having the "main" bed split.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Best thing to do, might just be to call Disney Cruise. That way you will be assured of getting what you want.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
clten
DIS Veteran

If you book a GTY and 3 people, you are agreeing to accept any cabin (of the booked category or higher) that can accommodate 3 people. So yes, you may very well end up in a cabin that does not have an upper bunk so you would only have the bed and the sofa bed. It may be possible if you are assigned this type of cabin to get moved but DCL would be under no obligation to do so. If it is important to you not to do that, I would book a cabin that allows you to select your cabin. Then have a note added not to upgrade unless upper bunk is available
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

As far as I have heard, the Magic is getting new beds during the dry dock and they may no longer be split-able.
Just a heads up for your planning
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

You could always add a fourth person , that way you would be assigned a room with the bunk and cancel when you get your room assignment.

You would have a cancellation fee, but it may be less than it costs to move up to a category that allows you to pick a room for 4.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: