Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #61
Timon

DIS Junkie

Scrapping Fool

This pre trip report has given me the drive to get my last Disney trip scrapbooked

I have tried on several occasions to scrap our 2009 trip and it just hasn't worked out. It seems I set out to do it and I get sick. Like really sick

I'm going through a little lupus set back right now and I don't get out much lately because of it so I figured this was a great time to spend even more time on my computer than usual

I used to scrapbook the old fashioned way. Then in 2003, I discovered digital scrapping!!! I have been hooked ever since! Back then, I had to make my own elements and papers and it took a loooong time

Now, I just buy all the stuff! It's so much easier and faster and people way more talented than I create some awesome stuff

I love it because I can use my minimal Photoshop skills to do my layouts, customize what I buy and journal it all. Then I print them out in these awesome coffee table-like books. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they turn out and will never go back to using papers, markers, glue and scissors

I have been buying digital SB stuff for YEARS now and I honestly can't tell you exactly where I got everything, however, I can list my fave sites and you can go check it out for yourself if you want to know who made what.

http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/home.php
http://www.peppermintcreative.com/index.php
http://www.brittishdesigns.com/shop/
http://kellybelldesigns.com/store/
http://shop.scrapmatters.com/

In the past 6 years, 95% of my stuff that I have purchased have been from the above sights.

And here is a Beginner's Guide for DigiScrapping:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/dig...innerintro.htm

Most scrappers like using 12 x 12 layouts but my favourite publisher has these great 11 x 8 books so that is what I use.

Okay, so now onto my layouts

More in the next post....
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #62
Timon

DIS Junkie

More layouts...

And that is all I got so far I am not even half way done so when I get a whole bunch more done, I will post them here

Last edited by Timon; 04-06-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Changed MSEP to SpectroMagic!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #63
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Oh Cass, I remember this trip and her meltdowns! You've done a fabulous job on this scrapbook!! Call me jealous. Will you do mine after our Africa trip? jk. I hope you feel better, enjoy this down time!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #64
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I loved all your scrapbooking pages. Gorgeous. I started digital scrapbooking in 2008. I try to create one book for each year and another for each vacation. I still don't have every year done, but I'm working on it. It is sooo much easier than all the cutting and pasting but I still seem to have a hard time getting the job done. I need to get back on that...
For the record, Kira looks very happy in most of those pages. You did a good job scrapbooking out the baby pictures.
Can't wait to see more.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #65
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Hi
coronado springs we loved it there !!! so relaxing ..and love the landscape
you are in full planning mode don't you just love that part !!!!!!!
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #66
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Amazing scrapbook!! So impressed! I've been using shutterfly to document our trips, but you may have converted me!

It's so nice to see you in so many pictures, too. I sometimes feel the moms get left out of the scrapbook, since we are the ones usually behind the camera!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #67
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

GREAT layouts... funny you talk about Digi scrapbooking. I signed up for an online class to get me motivated to start. I can't wait. I love your scrapbook designs. So, I have a question? Do you store all your stuff on your computer or do you put it on a separate hard drive? My only hesitation with digital scrapbooking is all the large files on top of my large picture files.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #68
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

I also remeber that trip ( from your TR ) but OMG how talented you are ( scrapbook ) wow !! beautiful I won t show you mine they don t half compare those make wonderful souveniers .
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #69
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

WOW....just WOW!!!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #70
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

As someone who was taunted as a young lass for her inability to draw an identifiable stick person............I am quite honestly, gobsmacked!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #72
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Happy Birthday Cass!!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #73
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Just caught up after a week off the DIS..... and what a great way to catch up!!!

I digital scrapbook also and am also still working on my 2009 trip with a goal to finish before our November trip! (have a few of my layouts posted in my PTR also- but not nearly as many as you). I love, love, love to look at others scrappages! So thanks for sharing! (also, loved the pictures of AKV because that is where we are staying this November). I think I have all the same kits as you as well!

I also have three of the same foodie choices for our Nov. trip: Be Our Guest (lunch), Norway Princess Breakfast & Prime Time.

And we stayed for a few nights pre-Dream cruise in June at Coronado. Like you, Southwest theming wasn't my cup of tea, but the resort is very nicely done. The rooms are big & nicely decorated. And my children LOVED the pool. They have a 'turning on' ceremony every day when pool opens where you can sit on the Mayan temple and do a little countdown to the water running down. The biggest thing for me is I didn't like the food options at that resort........ My kids LOVED the slide though. Not too big & a little jaguar that spits- perfecto!

Great updates..thanks for sharing!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #74
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Cass
That would be me
Well hello there Cass!! Fancy meeting you here.
My name is Mike...but you can call me Underdog.

Hope you guys dont mind if we join you on the cruise part of this trip..We'll sure try and help make sure it does'nt s#ck. Of course being that we cruised with guys a few times already...perhaps Robin and i were part of the s#ck factor...Or maybe just Robin..

I recall a classic Kira meltdown on Castaway Cay one cruise..Too funny! (for us anyway) My dad would always say "you gotta pay your dues".

Looking forward to reading about your planning.
I'm sure it will make the cruise wait easier.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #75
Timon

DIS Junkie

Sorry guys, been dealing with some health issues...ended up at the Emerg yesterday

I will try to update this weekend

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: