Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
ultimate_ed
Mouseketeer

Less to do on the Dream?

Our cruise date this summer is closing in, so I've been looking more closely at activities on board the ship.

In poking around this section:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...vities/search/

It seems like there is a lot more offered on the Magic and Wonder than on the Dream and Fantasy.

The unfiltered list has 11 pages of activies. However, filtering by ship, the Dream only gets 4 pages of that, and most of them are either Spa related or common ones on Castaway Cay. The Fantasy drops to 3 pages.

In contrast, the Magic and Wonder each get 7 pages and seem to offer a lot more in the way of real activities, games, and shows.

So, is there really more on the Dream and Fantasy and the DCL site just isn't showing me?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Check out the most recent navigators I can find: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...february-2013/

I think there are tons of activities, daily on the Dream and Fantasy...DCL just can't list everything.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I think one of the main differences is that the Dream has always only done 3- and 4-night cruises. There is simply less time onboard the Dream. The Magic and Wonder have generally done longer cruises, and also have been around a lot longer so if looking back at Navigators from a few years ago different things may have been offered than today. Also, the Magic has done some 8-night cruises in the past couple of years with more at-sea days than the more traditional 7-night cruises onboard the Fantasy which have more port stops. The more at-sea days, the more and varied activities you will find over the course of the cruise.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

there is more time for the cruise director to book entertainment on the longer cruises. There is only so many hours in a day for them to have entertainment. When you get longer cruises, that allows more venue time to have different activities.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

MAGIC - 6, WONDER - 5, DREAM - 7, FANTASY - 3

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

We certainly were not bored on our 7 night Fantasy cruise in January. There were way more activities than we could possibly take part in. Looking around at other cruisers, nobody else looked bored either! If you are going on the Dream, I think you leave this ship wishing the cruise were longer! We felt that way on our 7 night for sure! Make sure to book another cruise while on board
Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Like others have said the Dream does only 3 or 4 night cruises, with Ports on three of those (PC, Nassau and CC), therefore "less" organized activities because you are busy doing the ports on your own. On the 7 nighters with 3 sea days, they have to be more creative and have activities to keep everyone engaged.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: